First… you stuff yourself silly.

Day After Thanksgiving Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

Then… you fall into a nice long food coma.

And THEN! You wake up starving, pile all sorts of junk into a skillet with butter and eat it for breakfast. Seriously… you want to do this. I mean, it’s just like toast.

Thanksgiving Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes

Yield: serves 3-4

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2-3 cups of leftover stuffing
one recipe of mashed potato pancakes + 1/3 cup grated cheddar
3-4 eggs
fresh parsley for topping
any additional breakfast ingredients you wish (such as bacon/onions, if it’s not in your stuffing or apples to caramelize or even corn!)

Directions:

In a large skillet (I used a cast iron), heat olive olive over medium heat and add butter. Set potato pancakes in the pan, then fill in the holes with stuffing. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, then gently flip the pancakes and the stuffing, and cook for 3-4 minutes more. While the potatoes and stuffing are cooking, heat another skillet and cook eggs as desired. Add eggs on top of stuffing, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.

Finally, you’ll probably eat it straight out of the skillet. It happens.

50 Responses to “Day After Thanksgiving Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — November 25, 2011 @ 7:36 am

Nothing like a light breakfast following up on the Thanksgiving Day eating fest. Hey, you need a good hearty breakfast in order to fight all the Black Friday crowds, right? :)

Katrina — November 25, 2011 @ 8:13 am

I love this idea! Great way to use up stuffing, and super delicious sounding too!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 25, 2011 @ 8:41 am

Love the Hash idea!! I think I’ll have that for dinner tonight, depending on how I feel, going out on this Black Friday morning!!

Love all the pictures too!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 25, 2011 @ 8:58 am

Your eggs look so perfect Jess! I always end up breaking the yolks and anything that I initially intended to make turns out as a dish with “scramble” in the title. Looks like a tasty way to fuel some Black Friday shopping! :)

Lisa — November 25, 2011 @ 9:58 am

OK…so I made your Double Bread Brown Butter Bacon Sage Stuffing and it went so fast I have none left over to make this amazing looking breakfast hash :( I think I’ll have to make another batch – in fact, at this rate, I want to make it once a week. To put it simply, it was phenomenal! Thank You!

• Jessica — November 25th, 2011 @ 11:15 am

It is totally worth it because that is the stuffing I used for this… ;)

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats — November 25, 2011 @ 10:07 am

haha, eating it out of the skillet just means less dishes!

Maria — November 25, 2011 @ 10:08 am

What a great way to use up leftovers. Love the fried eyes on top too!

Ashley@BakerbyNature — November 25, 2011 @ 10:18 am

If we have any butter left in this house to even fry an egg, I’m all over this! You’re so clever! Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving!

Caroline K — November 25, 2011 @ 10:21 am

I owe you a HUGE thank you! We just finished up breakfast with my in-laws and everyone from 7 to 87 loved, loved, loved your hash recipe!!! I am so thankful for you and your willingness to share your delicious recipes. Thank you from Virginia! :) Happy Holidays

• Jessica — November 25th, 2011 @ 11:15 am

Oh this makes me SO happy!! I am so glad you guys tried it already. I posted it a little earlier than normal in hopes that people would see it before breakfast. Thank you so much for reading!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — November 25, 2011 @ 10:24 am

I swear, I think the leftovers are having babies in my refrigerator. Somehow I have more food today than I did yesterday. DEFINITELY using your idea by the end of this weekend!

Cait's Plate — November 25, 2011 @ 10:58 am

Can you please just throw a plate of that my way? That would go perfectly with my coffee and laziness right now :)

• Jessica — November 25th, 2011 @ 11:12 am

I’d love to. :)

Maria — November 25, 2011 @ 11:23 am

Great use of leftovers!

Lauren from Lauren's Latest — November 25, 2011 @ 11:25 am

I still feel full from yesterday, but this is sounding yummy!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — November 25, 2011 @ 11:38 am

Those eggs look so perfect! Yum!

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking — November 25, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Isn’t that the truth. Starved to stuffed to starved..all in about 12 hours, ha. This skillet dish is perfect. Leftovers are so delicious the day after. Any ideas for what to do with cranberry relish? I thought about making muffins, but the thought of having crunch apples and celery in there sounds weird.

• Jessica — November 25th, 2011 @ 11:56 am

The recipe I have coming tomorrow uses it. :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — November 25, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

I’ve already been scheming how to turn the leftovers into breakfast (for tomorrow since I slept until 10am today!) :) Hope you had a great holiday!

Julie — November 25, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

What? People have leftover stuffing?

Katie — November 25, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

I should have read this post before I dug into the pie for breakfast.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — November 25, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

So making this next time I have leftovers. It’d be so fun!

Lisa [With Style and Grace] — November 25, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

YUM!! I could eat fried eggs every. singe. day. Major love.

Emmy (Wine and Butter) — November 25, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

We are celebrating Thanksgiving next weekend (in the UK, so looks a little less weird than if we did that in the states) – We have your stuffing on the agenda (one of two – exciting!) and your cran biscuits AND (most importantly) your apple cider margaritas … which I cannot WAIT for and which we are serving at 11am. Just in case anything goes wrong with the cooking. Coming to our house to eat is usually bit Frat party style … only we want to make sure you LUUUUUUUUURRRRRRVE the food, rather than anything more sinister. Works a charm … our lasts guest couldnt get over what an amazing time theyd had and what incredible food we served. *smug smile*. Thank you for your commitment to this blog – I really love both the recipes and the 80’s throw back stories! xox

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — November 25, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

Oh man, that looks heavenly. I’m betting it’ll taste good on a Saturday morning too after I send the hubby out for ingredients! ;-)

Abi — November 25, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

Hii Jessica!, I hope you had a lovely thanksgiving, and that breakfast hash looks soo yummy! I was just wondering if, seeing as you seem to be quite a Pinterest fiend, You could send me and invite to join?. I do not enjoy being on the waiting list when there are so many things i want to pin! Hahaha, My email is abicorran@hotmail.com . Thank you! xx

• Jessica — November 29th, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

Sent!

DessertForTwo — November 25, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

I know you don’t want to hear this, but your photos up there are STELLAR. I’ve never seen such a beautiful photo of eggs!

Now the photo with Mr. How Sweet on the couch on the same page…well, it kinda knocks it down a notch ;) just kidding! Looks like y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving :D

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 25, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

SO wish we’d had leftovers to make this with…breakfast hash is kind of one of my favorite things EVER.

Chef Chuck — November 25, 2011 @ 6:17 pm

That is very creative breakfast! Looks so good…
    Thank you for sharing!

Kirstie @ Musings of a Happy Life — November 25, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Oh wow! That looks absolutely AMAZING!

Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration — November 25, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

Yum! What a hearty, healthy breakfast! That will leave you nice and full until the afternoon! :)

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — November 25, 2011 @ 11:10 pm

That looks like the ideal breakfast for the day after the night before when a few beverages were consumed…..

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving.

Now let’s break out all the Christmas recipes! :-)

Jen at The Three Little Piglets — November 25, 2011 @ 11:42 pm

And to think I ate leftover apple pie for breakfast! Hope you had a great holiday yesterday!

CouponClippingCook — November 26, 2011 @ 12:58 am

Didn’t think I could eat more stuffing and potatoes again for awhile but I just changed my mind when I saw this recipe. Sounds delicious!

Nicole — November 26, 2011 @ 7:31 am

My husband would LOVE this!! :)

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — November 27, 2011 @ 12:36 pm

Oh, I see. So when you said “Wait until you see what I did with the leftovers” you meant “make this stuffing right now because if you don’t you’re going to cry when you see what I did with the leftovers!”

Message received. Probably should go make that stuffing nowish.

Malcolm — November 30, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

These look amazing. Nice work.

Jaisa @ hardly housewives — December 7, 2011 @ 12:51 am

ummm where were you the day after thanksgiving? holy cow this looks awesome

1. Pingback: Thanksgiving Baked Eggs » Via Viands

2. Pingback: Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Exactly How I Cook My Over Easy Eggs For Food Photos | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: 12 Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers - Skinny Not Skinny

5. Pingback: 12 Recipes for Thanksgiving Leftovers

6. Pingback: Ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers | Marshmallows and Margaritas

7. Pingback: 10 Awesome Ideas For Thanksgiving Leftovers | The Aprons.com BlogThe Aprons.com Blog

8. Pingback: Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey, Bacon + Avocado Ranch Pizza | How Sweet It Is

9. Pingback: 10 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Thanksgiving Leftovers - The Corner Kitchen

10. Pingback: A Few Great Leftover Ideas – Bites of Bri