Tuesday Things.

1. Daylight Savings is killing me. I think I get about .3 seconds of light in our house everyday. Save me!

2. Trader Joe’s finally has their own coconut oil… this made my weekend.

3. My weekends are sad. Oh! But I did eat thai food and frozen yogurt. Winning.

4. Yes, this means I went to Trader Joe’s and didn’t tell you about it. Wah! I know.

5. And speaking of making days, Marcel the Shell has a NEW video! I might have watched it 34 times since this morning.

6. One time I went to a hotel and guess what the bed was? A muffin. See #5 before you punch me in the face.

7. I kindasortamaybe want these shoes. STOP YELLING AT ME!

8. I also bought some of these salt sets to give as Christmas gifts. But then I accidentally used one in our pasta Sunday night. Crap.

9. I made these mini chocolate donuts on Sunday too. Cute enough to eat!

10. Please tell me you’ve seen these cookie candy cup stuffer thingamajigs. what.the.heck.

11. I need to go to the dentist.

12. After years of Mr. How Sweet dodging my DVR-ed ABC Thursday night TV, he accidentally stayed in the room a few weeks ago as I was watching Private Practice. Now SOMEONE is hooked on Amelia’s downward drug spiral and it isn’t me…

13. Bears like beets. Fact.

114 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

danielle — November 15, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

I hope they have those salts sets at my Traders. They look great!

Carrie — November 15, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Sasha — November 15, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

“All he cares about is treats and snoozin’. Snoozin’ and treats.”

Sounds a lot like most Americans… myself included.

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — November 15, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I love Marcel the Shell!!

Sometimes people say that my head is too big for my body, and then I say compared to WHAT?

April — November 15, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

Private Practice has totally hooked me as of last season’s thing with Charlotte. So good!

Gail — November 15, 2011 @ 11:14 pm

Speaking of Trader Joes obsession…have you tried the white chocolate peppermint pretzel thins?
    YUM!

Emily — November 15, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

I did a little happy dance at TJ’s when I saw the jars of coconut oil all neatly lined up at the end of the aisle. And it’s so much cheaper than the Whole Foods brand! Color me pleased.

Luv What You Do — November 15, 2011 @ 11:37 pm

I just heard about coconut oil…what are you going to do with it?

• Jessica — November 16th, 2011 @ 7:52 am

I cook with it, bake with it and use it as moisturizer!

• Luv What You Do — November 16th, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I am going to look for it Friday at my weekly TJ’s run. Will keep my eyes open for it in your recipes!
        Thanks!

• Erika D — November 19th, 2011 @ 11:40 pm

Hey ladies,

I studied nutrition, and as tasty as coconut is, it is the highest oil in trans fats. Bad for your arteries, I’d stick to brown butter!

• Luv What You Do — November 20th, 2011 @ 9:01 am

So interesting! I heard from a nutrition source that it helps you burn fat….hmmm…lots to think about!

Sharon Moore Recipes — November 16, 2011 @ 12:05 am

I’m also hooked on Amelia’s downward spiral. I’m thinking that Derek will make a quick appearance on Private Practice to help save his sister… I mean after all every season there is a mash-up episode. Guess we’ll see how it plays out. Also I’d love it if you checked out my blog, I’m new to the game still but I love your blog and totally use you as inspiration. Thanks for sharing such great recipes!

tracy — November 16, 2011 @ 1:12 am

NO WAY!!! I just got the coconut oil from Trader Joe’s two days ago and took the same picture with my phone. We’re totally brain twins.

Sarah Jarrell — November 16, 2011 @ 8:26 am

Hysterical! You made my day!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 16, 2011 @ 8:29 am

I was so happy when I saw the Coconut Oil at TJ’s, only $5.99. The grocery store near my house sells the same size bottle for more then double. Trader’s has been getting a lot of good baking stuff lately. I love it!!!

Julie — November 16, 2011 @ 8:57 am

I just bought the salt set last weekend

Mimi — November 16, 2011 @ 9:03 am

“I can smell his face”……hahahah. I love it when Marcel is taking about his sister on the computer and you can see all the Z’s filling up the page!
    Those cookie, muffin, candie thingies are pure evil – thanks for sharing!

Jamie Marsh — November 16, 2011 @ 9:07 am

The fact that you quoted The Office totally made my day! That’s one of our favorite shows – in fact, my husband bought me a t-shirt that says “Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.” – nerdy? Yes; hilarious? absolutely; and I totally wear it with pride occasionally. :) And by the way, we have no Trader Joes in NW Arkansas, but I’m thinking of writing them and telling them we need one PRONTO mostly due to your amazing purchases that make me insanely jealous.

bean — November 16, 2011 @ 9:14 am

ah, love Jim. Almost as much as cookies. Almost.

Hot Coco @ Flab to Fab — November 16, 2011 @ 9:30 am

I love Marcell the Shell! :-) Thank you for sharing the new video. Must sound the trumpets! :-)

Rose Weiss — November 16, 2011 @ 9:38 am

Fact. Black bears climb faster than they run!

Brinkley Brown — November 16, 2011 @ 9:43 am

ABC thursday nights are the best, but i tell ya sunday, and once upon a time, are really inching their way up for priority list!!

• Jessica — November 16th, 2011 @ 10:54 am

Okay, I had a feeling. I attempted to DVR Once Upon a Time a few weeks ago (I’m a slave to HBO programming on Sunday night) but it messed up, and not I haven’t watched it, but I’m dying too because I love Ginnifer Goodwin (also from my HBO obsession). I guess I need to watch it!

• Brinkley Brown — November 16th, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

Yes, Ginnifer is great! I love love love it, and suprisingly, so does the hubby! I think weve got it on demand with direct tv, maybe that will be where you can catch it?

Mercedes — November 16, 2011 @ 10:14 am

Thank you for providing me with 2 very important pieces of information: Marcel’s 2nd video and TJ’s coconut oil! My life is so much more complete because of you!

Leslie — November 16, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Wait- you love The Office, too??? You ARE the greatest!! Just bag those remaining three salts in a cute cellophane bag and a bow and you are good to go! Happy Holidays!!!! geesh….. ;)

Ali — November 16, 2011 @ 11:01 am

OMG, your Tuesday Things always makes me laugh in an innapropriately loud fashion in my cube. And this week I think I laughed the hardest. Marcel the Shell is awesome. I saw the new video last night at 11:30 and watched it 4 times in a row, and cried from laughing so hard. Treats & snoozin’, snoozin’ & treats.
    I also am obsessed with Trader Joe’s (have you been to the new one in the South Hills yet?)…did you by any chance try their pumpkin ice cream this year? It was bangin’…I could prob eat the whole carton in one sitting.

Misty — November 16, 2011 @ 11:03 am

I love your “Tuesday Things”….heck I love all of your emails. So hilarious! Now I’m obsessed with Marcel the Shell! “You know why I smile?…Cuz it’s worth it.”

Jennifer@ ItSuxToBeFat — November 16, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Oh my goodness those cookie cupcake thingys look to die for!!!!! I MUST make them and then workout after to combat the calories! Also, what do you use coconut oil for?

Sonia — November 16, 2011 @ 11:39 am

Ooooh. Coconut oil does wonders for my hair. Try it! You might find it cheaper at your local Indian store. Also, those cupcakes look amazing.

Kelly — November 16, 2011 @ 11:57 am

I have been quietly reading your blog for awhile now but your Tuesday post has broken my silence. Absolutely hilarious and that is only partially to do with being introduced to Marcel the Shell. I have the urge to send the link to my boyfriend but I just don’t think he’ll get it… haha! Thanks for the laugh!

Amelia — November 16, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Just curious, what do you use coconut oil for?

Rachel C — November 16, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

OMG, Trader Joe’s has their own coconut oil? That is so exciting. What other fun holiday items do they have? I think you need to add a weekly post on what you bought at Trader Joe’s….or what is new at TJ’s. ;)

Candice Renee Photography — November 16, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

oh dear – I spent all night “helping” my 7-yr-old who has the stomach flu and I actually made the mistake of clicking on the link for the cupcake cookie stuffed stuff – gross. Too much sugar in one thingy. Or maybe it’s just because my stomach hurts.

And I’m curious too – what’s the coconut oil for? I know lots have asked~ my instant thought was something naughty. But putting it in your hair sounds good too.

Please disregard this comment if it’s weird – I was up all night.

• Jessica — November 16th, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

I use it in cooking (love seafood with it), baking and occasionally as moisturizer!

katie — November 16, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Haha! Fun post! I saw that coconut oil today! I love trader joe’s !

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — November 16, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Those are some good looking salts, I may need to swing by. Also I don’t like daylight savings either! So annoying!

Katharine — November 16, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

Um, Marcel the Shell is one of my FAVE things EVER. He brings me joy. Also, I must find this TJ’s Coconut Oil ASAP. And lastly, I’m super sad I didn’t get to meet up with you in Pittsburgh. Forgive me?

Katie — November 16, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

How did I not know about Marcel the Shell already?! I can’t stop watching.

Amy @ Two True Foodies — November 16, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

What a great idea for gifts and it’s funny that you mention the coconut oil because I was just wondering the same thing…when is TJs going to carry coconut oil. Yay!

Anne — November 17, 2011 @ 1:08 am

“sometimes i read receipts.” :) i love marcel!!

Allie M — November 17, 2011 @ 1:52 am

Thai food and frozen yogurt! Sounds like you went to Lulu’s and the froyo place up the street. One of my FAVOURITE ways to spend a weekend!

Emily — November 18, 2011 @ 10:35 am

I love Marcel the Shell!!

CouponClippingCook — November 18, 2011 @ 11:34 am

LOL re your Tuesday thoughts! I can totally relate. Good to know about the coconut oil too….love TJ’s.

Stephanie — November 18, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

the cookie candy bar cups look amazing! thanks for sharing!

kyla — November 20, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

“AHHHH! Is he gone?…. I can smell him”

McKinzie — March 1, 2012 @ 12:03 am

“you know what I do for adventure. … Hang glide on a Dorito”
    I’m so glad someone understands.

Norberto Stolar — July 5, 2013 @ 10:42 am

Influenza (flu), on the other hand, is a viral infection that mimics a cold except that it starts forcefully with symptoms of fatigue, fever, and respiratory congestion. While more than 100 different virus types can cause a common cold, only influenza virus types A, B, and C cause flu. More severe cases of influenza can lead to life-threatening illnesses such as pneumonia.–`,

Find out more about our very own web blog too
    <http://wellnessdigest.co