After we talked about lipgloss last week, tonssss of you mentioned Lush beauty products. Then a lightbulb went off in my head and I’m like, OMG we HAVE Lush here and we never have anything here (!), so it would probably be a really good idea if you went there JUST TO LOOK even though you totally deserve to buy yourself Christmas presents, but not really at all.

I definitely used to think Lush just made a boatload of smelly soaps that made me sneeze, but I was wrong and can’t decide if that is a good or bad thing.

I’m going with bad.

I got this lip sugar scrub that tastes like chocolate! I used it so many times one night last week (I was hungry, don’t hate) that I “scrubbed” the skin off my top lip and then it started bleeding and I was in pain for about 67 straight hours. I was just so excited.

I also got this little perfume stick thing because I am obsessed with all things vanilla. I read some reviews online that said it smelled like cat pee, but uh… this smells like VANILLA, definitely not cat pee. I love.

And since I obviously can’t resist anything for lips, I got some of these lip tints too which smell lovely and are just soooo pretty. My favorite thing about Lush is that it is not insanely expensive at all (some of the stuff was drugstore cheap), whereas I could easily blow my life savings in Sephora. That means I can buy all the stuff I want, right?

That’s what I thought.

That’s why I love you.

Good day.

32 Responses to “The New Obsession That’s All Your Fault.”

Jennifer — December 19, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

I LOVE Lush. It is super addicting and gives me an excuse to treat myself A LOT!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 19, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

WOW!! This stuff needs to go in the swag bags for BLEND!!

Becky — December 19, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

Where is there a Lush in Pittsburgh??? :)

• Amanda — December 20th, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Inside Macy’s. The downtown location and the South Hills Village for sure. I’d be willing to bet Ross Park at the very least as well but its been a while since I’ve spent time in the Macy’s up there.

trang — December 19, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

I love lush and how everything is organic and natural!

Laura — December 19, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

I adore Lush. In fact, I just went there and spent an inordinate amount of money on products for an anniversary gift for my boyfriend. Turns out their men’s line is just as awesome as everything else (of coure).

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — December 19, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

I know there’s one in the downtown Macy’s, but just assumed it was crazy expensive!

Patti — December 19, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

This could be a problem, Houston. Heading to Lush right now.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — December 19, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Oh man I LOVE Lush. They are seriously the best ever.

Their bar shampoo is to die for.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 19, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

Scrubbing your lips off…oh I shouldn’t laugh but that sounds like something only I would do. Especially when it involves chocolate :)

Glad you have a new obsession that’s drugstore-priced$$ None of my obsessions EVER turn out that way, i.e. photography, cooking appliances, etc. I need to get in on the Lush obsession, clearly.

Maria — December 19, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

I need to try that Lush!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — December 19, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

yep, I love everything LUSH. Definitely try their shampoo bars and conditioner bars. I have the Mint Julips lip scrub…it’s like mint chocolate! yum!

Pam — December 19, 2011 @ 5:36 pm

You (and the hubs) should try the Soft Coeur massage bar (chocolate and honey scented) or the Chocolala which is dark chocolate scented. So soft, so delicious smelling!

Kerry F — December 19, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

I ran out and bought that MAC Dazzlegloss in the Rags to Riches this weekend after your post. Dang! Where has that been all my life?? Such a great color!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 19, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

I live in the middle of nowhere where we have NOTHING so this past May when we were in Ireland, I saw this amazing store called Lush in Dublin. I freaked out, trying to grab everything in sight I was so obsessed when my brother’s girlfriend turns to me and is like “you know they have these stores at home too, right?” Um, no. I did not. I totally thought it was some boutique Irish store because I had never seen one in my life. I lead a very sheltered life apparently.

Nina — December 19, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

TIP: the lush lip tints also double as blush if you get the right shades! just rub a little on your cheek bones and voila!

Jenna — December 19, 2011 @ 6:04 pm

I LOVE their stuff. Check out their Big Shampoo and Veganese conditioner if you want more products to get addicted to. Also, all of their face masks are great, but I think Love Lettuce is the best.

Mary — December 19, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I just heard of LUSH for the first time this weekend! I’ve gotta check some of these out!

katie @KatieDid — December 19, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

I have a bunch of soaps from lush that I love. I have a grass body wash which is so earthy. And I’ve used the same sugar lip stuff before and did pretty much the exact same thing!

Laura — December 19, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

hi jess, long time reader – first time commenter.

lush is dangerous, i hear!

Danielle — December 20, 2011 @ 12:33 am

I actually work at Lush……….welcome to the addiction.

PS – Edible massage bars. Made with chocolate and honey!

T.A. Helton — December 20, 2011 @ 8:28 am

LUSH is a very real addiction of mine! The last time I went in there I came out with the new Snow Fairy bubble wand…too cute! I still haven’t used it yet. I love waving it around ;-)) You will definately LOVE your new craze…trust me.

Khushboo @ Two Megapixel Food — December 20, 2011 @ 9:06 am

OMG! You went to Lush and did NOT get the Magnaminty face mask?! It’s only the most awesome mask ever.

~kim — December 20, 2011 @ 10:17 am

….I haven’t even been to LUSH and already I can tell it is going to be a problem when I do get there. Lip glosses, colors, stains, balms are one of my top 6 weaknesses (all things kitchen, coffee, chocolate, shoes and scarves) being the others! Well, there are more, but you get hte point… I have *another* one now!

Loved the post, loved the stuffed chicken recipe too.. now to Google the LUSH closest to me and how I can get there before Christmas~!

Kathy — December 20, 2011 @ 10:50 am

I think I’ve just found the last minute stocking stuffers that I have been looking for! Thank you!

Sydney — December 20, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

mhmmm girl… i looove lush. i go to chicago once a year just for it… and stock up! i have a cabinet just for it!

Tanya — December 21, 2011 @ 9:59 am

Ooh I love Lush.. our nearest one is almost 2 hours away but well worth the trip. Next time you’re there grab a jar of pied de pepper foot creme.. OH MY!! It’s like a pedicure in a jar! My friend, who was living in the UK at the time, sent some as a gift along with a few bath bombs… BEST. GIFT. EVER.

Kristy Lynn @ Gastronomical Sovereignty — December 21, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

oooooooh! I love lush! the store IS a bit smelly, but as far as lip stuff and bath salts go, it’s the shit.

Candy — December 21, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

So, since I have been making these secret and furtive Nordie’s runs to buy Bare Minerals with cash so that certain people will not discover the exact extent of my debauchery, and when I say “certain people” I mean my husband, I have prided myself on not spending additionally on MAC, Laura Mercier, Sephora, etc. Because I’m good and virtuous. I know that the money that other girls fritter away on Studio Fix and Dazzlegloss and NARS is money that I will be putting into my son’s college fund, and I would, if only I didn’t have all this Estee Lauder Pleasures to buy. I look to Mother Teresa for my inspiration, and that’s why I’m leaving work right now to go to LUSH, because I want to teach other girls a lesson about what is good and true and right in this world, and that is that America was built on the premise that girls need girl stuff. That is all. You’re welcome.

MegV — December 23, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

Woo! Made in Canada!!! Nice choice =D

Danielle — January 9, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Let me just tell you how much I love LUSH. I’m a bit insane. Well maybe not, but a little obsessed like you are with food (which is great because I love all the recipes you share!) I have my own Excel spreadsheet for my favorite LUSH products. Oh no, that’s not all. This spreadsheet is product type- and color-coded. Not to mention it has a price comparison for the US to the UK relative to the exchange rate so that I can decide what to buy and where to buy it from while getting the best price. Obsessed? Insane? Maybe, but I am always pleased! ♥

1. Pingback: March Favorites: Beauty. | How Sweet It Is