1. A cookie butter update: I want to burrow inside the jar and live there forever. OMG.

2. Contrary to popular belief, this was not my turkey on Thanksgiving.

3. I’ve been the victim of some disgusting illness the last 8 days, but am hopefully turning the corner. If the cookies I just scarfed are any indicator, I should be well by this evening.

4. Thankfully, I have my priorities straight and was able to manage an all day shopping extravaganza on Friday with my mom. When I dropped her off, my dad attempted to cure me with pancakes. At 11pm.

5. Today is St. Nicholas’ Day! My entire life, I woke up to gold “chocolate” coins in my shoes. Now I wake up to… nothing. I hate being a grown up.

6. Considering I’m such a cliche, it’s totally normal that I’m obsessed with the sock bun.

7. And I’m dying to try this with my hair. Pretty sure I can easily find the, uh… supplies.

8. I’m about 5 seconds away from driving myself to the nearest theater to see that stupid Twilight movie, even though I’ve never read the books and and loathe all things Twilight related. Somebody stop me!

9. I’m praying Santa brings me a maid this year. A live-in one. Who is free. And specializes in dishes.

10. Bella is huge. I hate it.

10. 20 points + a gold star to whoever can bring me one of these immediately. My throat is begging you.

11. I need your best Christmas gift suggestions for men who have EVERYTHING. Go!

121 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — December 6, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

I second gift suggestions for men who have everything. Why are they so hard to buy for!!

Hope you do feel better tonight. :)

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — December 6, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

That turkey looks so disgusting but yet so amazingly brilliant (in a weird way)!! hahahaha

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — December 6, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Wow, she’s grown up so fast!

Jessica L. — December 6, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

don’t see the twilight movie!! a friend drug me along and it was terrible. two hours of kristen stewart’s terrible acting, with a little bit of shirtless taylor lautner thrown in.

although that last part wasn’t so bad…

Katrina — December 6, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

Bella is a babe! So cute! I also want that sangria. Dang.

Abby Flynt — December 6, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

pajama pants and slippers?

Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time — December 6, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

Oh my gosh, she’s so big!!

Also, I COMPLETELY agree with you about the whole gifts thing. I seriously started a Christmas/Birthday list for my boyfriend last WINTER and I’m really, really glad I did. Does he like to read? I found this awesome website the other night and ordered something for my dad off of it: http://outofprintclothing.com/ (I love The Great Gatsby shirt!).

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 6, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

Sure hope you’re on the mend and soon…sounds awful!

Men who have everything? Just tell them that b/c they DO have everything and they’re too hard to buy for that you’re keeping the money you would have spent on them and spending it on yourself..go buy some MAC, shoes, or even more cookie butter. :)

Blog is the New Black — December 6, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

The sock bun doesn’twork! Have your tried it?!

• Jessica — December 6th, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

Yes I love it! It didn’t work for you??

• fluke — December 6th, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

it’s worked for me too! i think you just have to tweak some of the steps so it can work for your own hair texture and length.

alyssa - fashion fitness foodie — December 6, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

Beer of the month club??

Christina (Agnes Loo) — December 6, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

Does he like craft beer? Last year I did this for my guy… http://www.microbeerclub.com/
    Also, I bought him a gift card to our favorite restaurant.. That way I picked up the tab the next time we went!

Elaine — December 6, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

for our first christmas together, i got my boyfriend a gift certificate to a “man spa”. there’s a whole list of services like manicures, massages, foot rubs, straight razor shaves, etc. all services provided by ladies and NO girlfriends/wives/sisters/moms allowed in the salon and they get beer while getting their hair and nails done. it’s just a cool way for your man to unwind after working so hard :) look into it, maybe you have a man spa close to you!

and i LOATHE all things twillight as well…never seen ‘em or read ‘em, never will.

nicole {sweet peony} — December 6, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

noooooo don’t do it! i refuse to watch this new twilight even though my sis-in-law has successfully dragged me to watch the other ones… ugh, not looking forward to it.

i joked that if i ever tried the sock bun, it would actually be a sock bagel due to the unnecessary amount of hair that i have haha.

i would love to bring you that sangria, but i’m pretty sure i would drink it all on the way to you resulting in less than desirable situations for myself.

lastly, feel better! :)

Nancy B. — December 6, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

Check out the Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader book series, they are really the perfect gift for any man, ha! As a gift for yourself, you should check out http://www.stickypig.com . I haven’t tried them yet, but heard some people on a radio show try them and they sounded to.die.for. I am thinking of getting some for my hubs, a fellow bacon lover.

I have to tell you, most Tuesdays, Tuesday Things is the highlight of my day :)

• Jessica — December 6th, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

Thanks Nancy! :)

• Megan — December 6th, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

I totally second the Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader books!!! They’re amazing and so genius lol

kathleen @ the daily crumb — December 6, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

that beer bottle hair is uh-mazing.

Abbey — December 6, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

wantful.com
    It’s my savior this holiday season.

• Jessica — December 6th, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

OMG I’m obsessed. However… it didn’t give me any ideas for my husband. But others it might.

Julie @BananasForBourbon — December 6, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

Counting the minutes until my San Diego TJ’s gets that cookie butter. Just make sure you’re using the most urine-tasting can of beer you can find for that ‘do. Class it up!

This is why my husband and I don’t give gifts to each other. We just pick something expensive that we want and say “I’m buying this as my xmas present”. Works!

But really, why doesn’t everyone have an amazon wishlist for easy gift giving? I make it SO EASY for my in-laws. They give me lists asking for gift cards and sweat pants. Wish I were kidding…

Yelena (One Healthy Apple) — December 6, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

Hope you feel better! Being sick is no fun, but I hear pancakes can help.

Maria — December 6, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

Hope you feel better soon!! xoxo

Marie Baars — December 6, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

This year I bought my husband a brief case… He is a farmer who wears gumboots and carries a briefcase. He doesn’t want anything so I am probably going to also write him a nice letter. Also I am going to write my dad a letter. I think that would mean more to him then shaving cream or a new flashlight.

Ps. I am eating avacodo hummus… It’s kinda like the perfect balance of hummus and gucalmole. Delish… If you haven’t had it…you need to.

rose — December 6, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

hi jessica
    6. we’ve been curling hair with socks around these parts since i was a little kid! work like a charm ;)
    11. fancy cologne, vintage football jersey (or whatever sport he’s into), tickets to hockey game (or whatever sport etc), man jewellery, cashmere or other amazing sweater.. that’s what i’d start with! and i’m getting 3 of those things for my bf.. so far lol

Bev Weidner — December 6, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I’ll go with you to see Twilight. Sorry but, I do luv it.

AND I LOVE THE SOCK BUN. I’ve done it twice and it rules my head.

I need someone to just go buy everything for me this year so I don’t have to put this glass of wine down. What?

Karen — December 6, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

Bacon of the Month Club. My husband still talks about it. gratefulpalate.com

Anitra Peterson — December 6, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

For the man who has everything (assuming it’s your hubby): Have a professional photographer take some amazing pictures of yourself in lingerie.Make him a photo book of yourself, wearing very little. I told my husband about that idea, of course mocking it (the idea of photos of myself wearing very little is pretty loathesome to me, and probably everyone else on the planet), but my husband thought it was a fantastic one. So in the future, if I ever reach my goal weight, I am sucking it up (or in, I should say) and making one for the hubs.

Emily — December 6, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

For the man who has everything, I bring you…

The Art of Manliness 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!

Emily — December 6, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

Okay, so I don’t know why this didn’t send the first time. Sigh. Trying again.

For the man who has everything, I bring you…

The Art of Manliness 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 6, 2011 @ 7:45 pm

I don’t know about what to get a man who has everything! My man won’t tell me what he wants. All I heard was socks and pocket tee’s. Boring! I was thinking airfare tickets to Vegas. I heard tickets are $49. each way. I need to check on that. I guess the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach, so I’ll be making a feast he will love which will be steak and potatoes. lol

Emily — December 6, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

Okay, so I don’t know why this didn’t send the first time (or the second… third time’s a charm?). Sigh. Trying again.

For the man who has everything, I bring you…

The Art of Manliness 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — December 6, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

I dare you to just start reading the first Twilight book. It is terribly addicting. You will swing between wanting to get out a red pen to correct it and continue reading because you must know what happens. And then you will read ALL of them. Seriously. It’s Sweet Valley High meets the Lost Boys. Just do it. Indulge in cheesy greatness.

definitely not Mr. How Sweet — December 6, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

If any of you could suggest a Patek Philippe Calatrava ref. 5116G, you know, the white gold one for this Mr. How Sweet charater, that would be wonderful. I bet this Mr. HS guy would like that. Just sayin’.

That or the new Taylor Swift live cd. It’s Taylor Swift! Live! I heard Mr. HS is a fan.

Maarit — December 6, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

You know I crave your ‘Tuesday things’?
    I struggle to get through my morning here in Sydney til I get a little tweet saying it’s up!
    Thank you for making my Wednesday mornings a little more bearable :)

For the pressie – have you considered something like http://www.kiva.org ?
    They do microlending to needy people that get repayed within 12 months. It’s the gift that keeps on giving! And hubby will be able to pick the person/s who gets it…

I got my hubby a wallet and a book. lame.

Megan — December 6, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

I’m getting my man a baby weber grill for our baby balcony, a brooklyn beer shop micro brew kit – comes complete with jug and all – online brooklynbrewshop.com , and some whisky stones to keep his bourbon cold while waiting for the beer to ferment… I’m calling it already. I am the best wife ever!

Paige — December 6, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

I am feeling the same way about the cookie butter…OMG.

My boyfriend has everything and I don’t know if the men in your life are adventurous but last year I got him a certificate to do a session of hang gliding and for his birthday a rock climbing pass. He buys everything he wants so I have to try and get creative. I am getting him a netflix pass this year.

Ami @ parsnipsandpears — December 6, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

what about something from here: http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/home.php (I’m in Canada, but I believe they offer things for the US too)!

Jenn — December 6, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

I don’t know what my life would be like if I hadn’t found your blog. Seriously. The cookie. butter.is. stoopid. fantastical. delicious.

Rachel — December 6, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

Cookie Butter is a dangerous, dangerous thing. I ate an entire jar in two days. TWO DAYS! Needless to say, I desperately want more, but think that I should probably resist because I obviously cannot be trusted.

Michele — December 6, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

omg bella ;_________; seeing her so big after she was so cute and wittle and eat up-able gives me mixed emotions/

dude. i have no idea. what are you supposed to get a man (father) who doesn’t like anything?!? like. no hobbies. no interests. agh.
    if i give you an idea, will you give me one?
    you better.
    what about a monogrammed work out towel..
    LOL. that’d be weird.

ok bye.

kendra — December 6, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

NASCAR Trip!!! DO IT!

Carrie — December 6, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

Hahaha LOVE the Natty Ice hair rollers…. that is priceless.

Cookie butter….. I MUST find cookie butter.

tracy — December 6, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

i randomly went to see the new twilight movie on a friday morning THE DAY IT CAME OUT. I had no idea it came out that day, i just felt like playing hooky so i did it. You should do it. The acting sucks but it’s still kinda good.

• Jessica — December 6th, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

omg were you sitting amidst a bunch of tweens?! i can’t even imagine.

• tracy — December 6th, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

there was one dude in the place
        and these crazy weird 30 something year old women that BLOCKED OFF AN ENTIRE ROW. I guess it was some meetup?!! They all took the day off of work for it.

The best part was that all the tweens were AT SCHOOL. HAHAHA.

Chelsy — December 6, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

Thanks for reminding me about St. Nick’s Day! I completely forgot, probably because I am not in a third grader in catholic school anymore…those gold coins were the best! It sucks being a grown-up!

Bridget — December 6, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

Happy St. Nick’s Day! Sadly, I also wake up to nothing in my shoe (stocking) unless I fill it myself when I fill my 3 kids’ and hubbie’s. I’ve been waiting for the day my husband will surprise me with a little SOMETHING in it, but after 17 years of marriage he still hasn’t gotten around to it… being the mom/adult sucks on Dec. 6th!!

Brooke — December 6, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

Re: buying things for men who hate everything…I’m getting mine a dremel tool and some slippers.

Whitney — December 6, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

I looooove the sock bun! But my hair is short so it doesn’t look as good :( oh and please do #7 and post pics – thanks!

Melanie @ Spare Time Baker — December 6, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

Um, I have NEVER heard of the sock bun until this post….I am SO intrigued now! My hair is too short, but I have three little girls to practice on while I wait for mine to grow out :)

And gifts for guys?? No idea. I think I’m getting my hubby an amazon gift card and calling it good.

Kath — December 6, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

LOL at your word choice today :)

Kelly — December 6, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

Skip the twilight movies all together. BUT…the books are actually really good.
    As for buying for your other half, I still don’t have anything purchased, and NO ideas! Ugh.

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen — December 6, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Ummmm – how about when you figure ou what to get the man who has everything including a hideous recliner he won’t get rid or wall art featuring a smiling Chuckie look alike, please, let me know. Can you buy your man good taste in home decor? Do they have that at Target?

Maren — December 6, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

I have so many comments for this.
    1. Love the sock bun. Learned it on healthy tipping point!
    2. I wonder if I could do #7 with bottles…
    3. Yea, I want to hate Twilight too. I asked my sister to lend me all the books for Christmas after watching the first one a couple of weeks ago on tv. Go Team Edward! (can’t believe I just said that)
    4. Good question about the Christmas gifts. I had a nice list going, but as you saw on Instagram, Nate changed that to something very inappropriate…What about a racquetball? It’s random, but if you guys have a court at your gym, he may really like it!
    5. Seriously hope you get better SOON. 8 days is ridiculous!

katie @KatieDid — December 6, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

aww my dog look exactlyyy like yours! Every time I go home he is grayer and moves more slowly, it’s sad! And I hope you feel better soon!

1 2 3