1. Over the weekend I finally saw Crazy Stupid Love and let’s just say… why do I not live inside that movie?

2. Oddly enough, the day before I watched Dirty Dancing because it’s my favorite movie EVER. Ever ever ever. Patrick Swayze was truly my first crush and when I was 7 years old I used to make my mom “practice” the lifts with me. When she wasn’t around or was busy, I’d use the arm of the couch to hoist myself up.

3. If Ryan Gosling ever tried his big Dirty Dancing move on me I’d probably have a stroke.

4. Even though it’s been on my workout playlist for months, the Kia commercial with the rats or gerbils or hamsters or whatever the heck kind of rodents they are reignited my love for Party Rock Anthem. Those commercials make me stupidly happy.

5. Last week while shopping for after-Christmas sales, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and both order items off of their Skinnylicious menu. It was soooo good and didn’t force me into a food coma so I was still able to spend money on things I don’t need. Oh but Mr. How Sweet had to order a plate of chicken fingers after he ate his meal. Wish I was lying.

6. On Saturday morning I had a RED VELVE LATTE. Yes.

7. Am I the only one sort of devastated by the Katy Perry divorce? Prob. I will never learn. I mean, Jessica and Nick were the worst.

8. I’m just in love with this idea of pineapple sugarcane water. I want!

9. I’m currently attempting to reorganize my pins, especially when it comes to food. 644 left to go! Joy. Don’t I use my time wisely? I thought so.

10. Do you think my driveway will shovel itself? I’m willing it to. Like using osmosis or something. Wait, that’s not it. ESP! I’m sending the driveway ESP vibes.

11. I’m a hot mess at the moment. Minus the hot.

12. Oooh but I’m roasting a chicken tonight!

124 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Olivia — January 3, 2012 @ 7:11 pm

Your comment about Ryan Gosling made me LOL. I think he could just look at me and I’d have a stroke!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Ditto to that.

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — January 3, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

1. I don’t get the Kia commercial. But maybe that’s the point of it.

2. Russell and Katy were perfect for each other. This must be a nightmare.

3. I always dream of reorganizing my pins. You clearly are a much less lazy person than I.
    (don’t take that as too huge of a compliment though. I’m preeeeetty lazy)

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Don’t worry. I haven’t organized crap since I wrote that a few hours ago.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — January 3, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

This makes me think we share a brain when it comes to all things entertainment related. #1, #3, #4, #7. Agree on all counts.

At least Katy and Russell never had a reality show. I mean…feeling like we knew Nick and Jessica personally just made it even harder.

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

Definitely!

Becca @ Cook, Rejoice, Repeat — January 3, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

A red velvet latte?? I will have to try that.

Diana — January 3, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

Love this list of random thoughts. Somehow, it all makes sense to me! Hahaha!

• Diana — January 3rd, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

BTW….It’s like 85 degrees out here in Cali. I’m a little jealous of your snow covered driveway!

Pinaholic — January 3, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

I am totally trying to reorganize my pins. I thought I was crazy that I was spending so much time…especially since there is so much more pinning to do! I am so glad that others agree this is a useful and necessary goal.

Elle — January 3, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

SAME to the dirty dancing moves. I would also pretend to be the little mermaid every time I went swimming. That’s only kinda crazy, right??

Caitlin Jane — January 3, 2012 @ 8:50 pm

Ryan Gosling how i love thee. J
    Just had to google the katy perry divorce…so sad. Im still hoping nick and jessica get back together.

Mallory — January 3, 2012 @ 9:21 pm

When I was little, my sisters and I often danced in the living room to the ENTIRE Dirty Dancing cassette tape.

dena — January 3, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

I love that you have 1 salad in your pins!!!!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 10:22 pm

Hahaha I have more, I just haven’t got them out of the food/drink category yet!

• Sonnet Gal — January 4th, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

See…there is something about you and salads! LOL!

Kristin — January 3, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

I also just saw Crazy Stupid Love this past weekend. LOVED it! And I usually hate any kind of chick flick. But I’d watch Ryan Gosling in a commercial, if need be. Have you seen the Pinterest crafty pins when him on them?? Hilarious.

Joanna (DrizzleofSunshine) — January 3, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

You crack me up, Jessica. I really need to try that red velvet latte. Sounds amazing. And you need to come to LA and try this Red Velvet Ding Dong that would make you swoon. It’s my fav!

Caitlin — January 3, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

I would just like to say that 1/12th of this post would not have been possible without moi.

And I fell asleep during Crazy Stupid Love.

I know, I know. Don’t hate me. Refer to my first point.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — January 3, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

Red velvet latte?! oh my goodness!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats — January 3, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

I love dirty dancing! and I’m also a mess right now, a very very cold mess.

Denise — January 3, 2012 @ 10:54 pm

You are TOTALLY not the only one devastated by Katie and Russell getting a divorce. I LOVED them together!

Sarah — January 3, 2012 @ 11:07 pm

Crazy Stupid Love sold me on Ryan Gosling. He’s now my official celebrity crush. I haven’t had one of those since Kirk Cameron in jr. high. Also, I’m glad you told me what’s up with Katy / Russell! In my spin class today while the Firework song was on, some lady in front of me asked the guy next to her “Did you hear about Katy?” Then she leaned in and started whispering. I was really upset she didn’t tell me – so I’m really glad you did!

Emily — January 3, 2012 @ 11:09 pm

Totally agree with your Ryan Gosling comment…so HOT. And I feel ya on the Katy Perry divorce

Katie — January 3, 2012 @ 11:37 pm

Ahh Katy Perry got divorced?! Noooooooooo. I loved them!! Dang it.

And a red velvet latte? Can you give us that recipe PLEASE? Pretty, pretty please?

And I made Meeker practice the Dirty Dancing moves with me (just the lift) on our honeymoon. And that’s not a euphemism.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — January 4, 2012 @ 12:07 am

When I watched Crazy, Stupid, Love, Ryan Gosling made me melt, especially when he pulled off the Dirty Dancing move. My fiance jokes that we should try it. Is it bad that I don’t trust him to lift me up like that? I feel like we’d end up in the emergency room or something…

• Ni'Col Revell — January 4th, 2012 @ 2:02 am

Right there with ya! Is it worse that I would prefer Ryan Gosling to lift me?

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 4, 2012 @ 1:19 am

Ryan Gosling is a beautiful man! Love him!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — January 4, 2012 @ 1:46 am

can we please talk about how we are long lost sisters. just saying.

if you haven’t seen the car insurance commercial with the baby in a rolling bouncy cart thing — going down highways and stuff with the song “meeeeeeeeoow I gotta brand new pair o’ roller skates, you gotta brand new blahblah” … GO WATCH IT.

Ni'Col Revell — January 4, 2012 @ 2:00 am

I just literally stumbled across this site and I am absolutely in LOVE with this! Like a breath of fresh air filled with the smells of bacon and chocolate chip cookie dough! I just have to say, THANK YOU! Your blogs and style of writing is right up my alley! I have already ‘liked’ you on Facebook and have bookmarked this page. I am now having to FORCE myself off of the computer so I can get some reading done. And let me tell you, that will be very difficult thinking the whole while going to the store tomorrow for ingredients for the chocolate chip cookie dough dip! Thanks, I think??

Nicole P — January 4, 2012 @ 8:46 am

Happy New Year! Love your blog. I’ve been trying to get on pin interest for months. I tried 3 times. I’ve requested an invite. They don’t respond. Do you know what’s up with that?

• Jessica — January 4th, 2012 @ 8:52 am

Form what I understand there is a super long waiting list and the only way to get on is to get an invite from someone else – I just sent you one!

Cindy Coniglio — January 4, 2012 @ 8:58 am

Me and Nick were at the Cheesecake Factory too on day after Xmas. Of course we ordered off the “skinny” menu. haha.. Anyway we were in Hot Topic (nick likes their tee shirts) lol… they had a belt that says I love Bacon. I had it in my hand to buy for you but the line was so long I couldnt deal. Hope you and Mr Sweet had a great Holiday/ I really miss you :(

Meg @ Sweet Twist — January 4, 2012 @ 9:13 am

It is such a cute movie, and I think I could rewind that scene with Ryan Gosling over and over.

I have just started to re-organize my pins myself…two categories for food, how could I keep that up?? Crazy!

Susan — January 4, 2012 @ 11:31 am

I love those coffee mugs! Square Cafe, right? Sad that I know that but it’s been too long since I’ve been there!

Hannah Jayne — January 4, 2012 @ 11:41 am

Is it bad that I immediately decided to make the Pineapple Sugarcane Water with vodka? And without the water?

Alanna — January 4, 2012 @ 11:44 am

1. This focaccia looks so good I might eat the screen on my iPad.
    2. Where do I get one of these red velvet lattes???
    3. I got to meet/work with Patrick Swayze about 6 years ago at an event I was working and it was quite possibly the most amazing day of my life…. Even better than my wedding day.

Alexis @ There She Goes — January 4, 2012 @ 11:55 am

super bummed about katy perry + russell! i thought they were the perfect couple, what gives?!

Brinkley Brown — January 4, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

So we practiced Dirty Dancing lifts on NYE….first shot, we fell to the ground, fyi – i had wrist surgery in October. All is fine, and we attempted it again, but it ended up as more of a just lifting me over his head, straight into the air kinda thing….LOL

Happy New Year!

Deanna — January 4, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

I completely agree with your assessment on Crazy Stupid Love & Ryan Gosling. I myself watched the Notebook the other day after I told myself not to and cried myself to sleep! Also, WHERE did you get that latte?

Miranda — January 4, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

I watched that movie on the plan from San Fran – it made me stupidly giddy! That scene worked on me and I wasn’t even anywhere near him :) I hate when celebrity couple break up that I like, insanely annoying. Love these Tuesday things!

Jordana — January 4, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Dirty Dancing and Grease have to be THE best movies everrrr.
    I love those Kia commercials too, I always wanna sing and dance with them lol no matter how retarded I would look !

Midwestern Belle — January 4, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

I’m still mourning Nick and Jessica as well. If anything ever happens to Tim and Faith I think I’ll just stop believing in love altogether.

• Liz — January 4th, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

Amen.

• Lauren — January 6th, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Tim and Faith…I would be DEVASTATED if anything ever happened to them

Erin @ The Speckled Palate — January 4, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Ditto on the having a stroke if Ryan Gosling ever did his Dirty Dancing move on you. Holy wow. I saw that movie a few weeks ago, and I loved it.

Also, how does one make a red velvet latte?!

Liz — January 4, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

You re-broke my heart by bringing up Nick and Jessica. Just last week I re-watched the entire Newlywed series (I got all four seasons for Christmas from my bff…best gift of the year!!). Seriously, I’m so depressed about them.

Kat — January 4, 2012 @ 10:06 pm

I LOVED Crazy Stupid Love SOOO SOO SOOOOO MUCH! Not only is Ryan G like the sexiest human being alive, especially in that movie, but the Nana thing just totally threw me off and I freakin’ LOVED IT.

Jamie — January 5, 2012 @ 2:51 am

Please tell me everything and anything about that latte. NOW.

Kelly — January 5, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

LOVE Dirty Dancing!! I haven’t seen Crazy Stupid Love yet, but maybe I will go get it from Redbox this weekend. And by the way, you were not the only one devastated by the Katy Perry-Russell Brand divorce. For some reason I really liked them as a couple and thought they’d outlast the odds…sad : (

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Culinary Indulgence — January 5, 2012 @ 11:43 pm

I saw Crazy Stupid Love this weekend also! Such a cute movie. Ryan Gosling is to die for! I’m so curious…how did you make your latte? I love all things red velvet : )

Brittany — January 6, 2012 @ 3:50 am

Ryan Gosling = major swoon!
    You need to come back to Austin again some day!

And thanks for getting me hooked on Pinterest months ago :)

Lauren — January 6, 2012 @ 6:11 pm

I think we are long lost sisters…I LOVE Ryan Gosling, I was pretty upset about Katy & Russell (WHY?), and I also watch reruns of Friends over and over again!

Erin — January 6, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

I’m catching up on my blog reading and just got to this post. And like 5 minutes ago we JUST finished watching Crazy Stupid Love. I thought it was fantastic! I think my only complaint is that there were not more Ryan Gosling/Emma Stone scenes. I loved watching them together!

Kelsy — January 7, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

I just read this post (I got lazy around the holidays) and I absolutely love it! I saw Crazy Stupid Love a couple weeks ago and now my entire google history is of images of Ryan Gosling. I didn’t think I could love him any more than I did in Remember the Titans or The Notebook. Wrong. He’s just a dreamboat.

I love your blog :)

Amy @ A Little Nosh — January 10, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

I’m still not over Jessica and Nick…

Umi — January 17, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

The red velvet latte sounds uber tasty. Although, when I was reading the post (on my tiny netbook screen) I could only see about half the picture of the coffee cup. My thoughts went something like, “…is that a toilet bowl?! no… it’s a measuring spoon… oh wait. Coffee cup. Duh. Latte. Coffee cup.”