1. Yesterday I… “stumbled” upon an old old old OLD school episode of 90210 (like maybe one of the first?) and while I couldn’t even get over how horrific the acting was (except for you Dylan, I’m still love you) all I really thought was… I want to wear Kelly Taylor’s brown suede jacket that has 6 pounds of fringe hanging from it.

2. Thursday night I made us copycat Chipotle bowls inspired by Mara, which made my entire week worth living.

3. I’d like to tell you to do the same, or even that I can’t wait to do it again… however the entire prep took me nearly 2 hours and made me want to yank my hair out and while it was super super super delicious, I think I’ll stick to driving to the nearest location and spending $10.

4. Ooooh but then I can’t have bottomless blue corn chips. Rats. Decisions decisions.

5. We’ve moved on from Dexter (since uh, someone watched 72 hours of it in like 2 weeks) and now have watched Homeland, which we really love… but but but – before you recommend all these crazy smart people shows, I must tell you that this type of stuff is soooo not my kind of TV. I mean, I read only chick lit and am obsessed with glitter and see no problem in buying $500 shoes and should own stock in Sephora. However, I definitely had 2 dreams this week that I’m being interrogated by the CIA. What does this all MEAN?!

6. Maybe I’m growing up?

7. Probably not. At all.

8. Know what I currently can’t get enough of? Grapefruit. Well… brownies. But also… grapefruit. I’ve loved them since I was a kid and go through huge grapefruit binges every winter, until sometime in April when I pick one up and it tastes like vinegar and acid swished together, to which I dramatically spit it out and claim “I’M NEVER EATING GRAPEFRUIT AGAIN!!!”

9. But I’m really not dramatic at all.

10. Our weather today is so gorgeous that I want to eat it. Like literally swallow it up. After chewing of course.

11. OHMYGOSH don’t you just want to smash your face into this picture of Bella? I can’t even stand it.

86 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

kita — January 31, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Lmao at that last comment. Yes, Bella is adorable though. She has a great smile

Cait's Plate — January 31, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I can’t believe what a dog Bella is now!

• Cait's Plate — January 31st, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

To clarify, I mean versus what a little puppy she used to be. Not that she was once a cat that has become a dog :)

• Jessica — January 31st, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

Hahahah I totally get you. I hate that she is such a dog! I miss the puppy!

elizabeth — January 31, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Try a few episodes of Hart of Dixie to take the edge off Homeland. When I first started watching it, I described it as “a perfectly serviceable show”, but now I’m kind of in love with it. It’s nine kinds of adorable and I love Rachel Bilson all the time, no matter what.

Opal — January 31, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Your posts make me smile :) x x x

roxy — January 31, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

I love love love homeland too! I can’t wait for the new season:)

P.s. Going to Chipotle for dinner and getting a burrito bowl

Liz @ Southern Charm — January 31, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

Haha. Cute post!! And now I want some Mexican, grapefruit and brownies … or I’m just hungry!

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes — January 31, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Adorable post. That dog is soo cute!

Cate — January 31, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

While home sick yesterday I watched the episode of 90210 where Kelly’s mom was high on coke and was MCing the fashion show. Did you notice that Donna’s mom is different than in the rest of the series? I also watched the one where Cindy Walsh almost had an affair… And that the woman at the college where Brenda and Brandon were doing a twin study is Mrs. Teasley – Their principal at West Bev. I’m not obsessed or anything…

PS – I have a ton of grapefruits at home. LOVE.

• Jessica — January 31st, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

That second one is the one I watched too! You obviously were also watching SoapNet… hahah.

Stephanie (@ Life Tastes Like Food) — January 31, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

Agreed with Elizabeth up there! Hart of Dixie is good. Not sure why. I didn’t really like it at first, but it really grew on me! Still NOT sure why though but I can’t stop watching! Oh, and New Girl! SUCH A GOOD SHOW! Now I’m craving Chipotle. Happy Tuesday!! :) xx

Lisa — January 31, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

I love when dogs look like they are really actually smiling. :)

Noelle — January 31, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

So cute! Hi Bella! We have been knee deep in Damages. We love the show and it gets crazier. I have been holding off for a weekend since the hubby is out of town!

Deanna — January 31, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

I so love your train of thoughts. DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES

• Shelly — January 31st, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

LOL, my husband and I say this to each other all. the. time. Like, “Hey Honey, watch this!” Me: “Donna Martin Graduates?”

• Deanna — January 31st, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

Love it!!

Stephanie H — January 31, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

Soooo, I watch Homeland because the husband insisted I watch it with him, like it but don’t love it. However I am obsessed with Tudor’s you have to watch it and the actors are so good looking, makes it easy to watch. Loved the fringe jacket that Kelly wore and actually owned a jacket with fringe, no idea what happened to it.

Lindsey — January 31, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

Regarding number six…I just started watching Homeland ummm…yesterday. Guess who’s already 5 episodes in, running on less than 4 hours sleep and counting down the minutes (26 to be exact) until I can go home, take my dog for the fastest walk of his life and squeeze in an episode before my dinner date with my friend. Yeah. That’d be me.

So good luck with that one.

But for the record I’m also with you on the chick lit, glitter, and expensive shoes. Nail polish is my weakness. Like for real. I have 18 new colors at home that came in yesterday. At least the bottles don’t take up much space.

Samantha — January 31, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

I feel you on the weather thing. It’s 57 degrees here (in Michigan, in case you were wondering where “here” was) on the last day of January where normally you couldn’t go outside without wearing 5 layers first. And then suffocating from heat exhaustion when you finally walked into a building with all those layers on. I’m in love with this weather!!!!!! If only it could stay like this all. year. round.

And your post from thursday makes me want to go shopping and spend tons of money that I currently don’t have.

Samantha — January 31, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Oh and I’m with you on the glitter! All things that glitter, right? As the saying goes, I believe anyways. ha!

Julie @Savvy Eats — January 31, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

We are getting a Chipotle near by in the next few weeks. So while I usually make my own “burrito bowls,” we’ll definitely have to go once it opens… it just isn’t the same!

Erica — January 31, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

Chipotle is amazingggggg. We are finally getting one in charleston

Michelle — January 31, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

Soapnet used to play 4 hours worth of 90210 re-runs on Saturday mornings… I was useless those days. I got into Dexter the same you did, spending an insane amount of time watching all the episodes. I am sorry to say it has happened once again, this time with Boardwalk Empire. Do yourself a favor, watch it!

• Jessica — January 31st, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

Ohhh we’ve watched it since it began. I am a HUGE slave to all HBO shows, obsessed with every single one. Been watching since I was probably way too young, but still obsessed. It’s the Showtime shows that I’m just getting in to!

Heather — January 31, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

hi. it’s me. your old pal Heather.
    something that should not, and could not, surprise you in the least:

one of the “silly little heather things” i’m doing this year is writing a top five list each and every night.
    i have a 2012 datebook-turned-journal that has four days spread on two pages. [yes, i did just do the math and realize that 366 is not divisible by four, meaning the last two days of the year will be…..lonely? i don’t know. i digress] I decided mid-december that this journal would be used for top-five lists a la High Fidelity, because, well, quite honestly I still have a small [read: HUGE] movie star crush on John Cusack. [yes, i did just google to do the math and realize he is 17 years older than me….and only two years younger than my Mother. i digress….again.] and also, and i know you are aware of this – i have a tiny little love in my heart for lists. it’s tiny. really. [yes. i almost, ALMOST, wanted to go through your archives and look at all the comments i’ve left YOU, my friend, in list form but I realized that I want to go to sleep at some point tonight and that would take way too much time. But your foodbuzz ad would LOVE me, right?]

ANYWAY. damn I’m rambly. ANYWAY.
    Each day, I sit cross legged on my bed before slumber, and I choose a subject for my top five list. I try to make it be something that resembles my day in some way, such as “Top Five Lodi High School Cheers” on the day that I stumbled across my cheerleading jacket. Or favorite places to order breadsticks, after a total kitchen fail of making my own. Etc.

If I can’t think of one, I ask Nick to suggest one. Two nights ago, he suggested “pets from my lifetime.” Yesterday, I decided that “blog-pets” would be the list of the night.

So – here’s the thing. The actual REASON for this comment:
    I know that Bella isn’t really, you know, YOURS – but…. she made the top five. With four cats. Clearly, she is deserving of some sort of award for such an honor, right? I’m working on the name and design for such an award tonight.

And that, my lady, is how we get to tonight’s top five list title: “Top Five Suggested Names for Bella’s Award.”

#justkidding. #orsomething.

clearly, it’s the Cusack award.

Kristina — January 31, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

I love 90210. um, the original. while I like to be smart and all, most of my television is for zoning out – most is indulgent awesomeness, and most is from Bravo. Basil even has a Mazel t shirt now. but back to 90210 – I used to have the television on Saturday or Sunday mornings, to watch several hours worth. I am (almost?) ashamed to say Jason became hooked. he didn’t know television before he met me.

Shelly — January 31, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

Love, love, love 90210. My husband has been watching some of the original ones this week too, after watching the last episode ever! We’ve also been recording a few, and watching that in the evening makes me feel like I’m young again, which I will take almost every night of the week!

Margo — January 31, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

OMG I LOVE Chiptole! Too bad there’s not one here in Jacksonville, NC. Maybe I can get a bunch of Marines to start a petition list. Cause they like to eat, RIGHT?! (I should know I married one…..)

ashley — January 31, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

looooove homeland!! and the chipotle bowl and bella :)

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — January 31, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

90210 (original) is awesome, and I know what jacket you are talking about…I LOVED Kelly Taylor (that bitch!).

pntszdinFluence — January 31, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

I don’t know how I found your blog but you are absolutely hilarious! You are now my new friend in my head. Homeland, Chipotle, Glitter and not being dramatic…yeah you seem cool.

• Jessica — January 31st, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

Glad you found me – thanks!

Clare @ SweetnSimple — January 31, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

Ohh I don’t think I will ever enjoy grapefruit.. eek! Your dog is absolutely adorable by the way :)

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — January 31, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

OB.SESSED with Homeland. Also Boardwalk Empire. Also Kourtney and Kim take New York. Don’t know what that says about me.

Savannah — January 31, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

Had to comment. The show that The Wife and I are totally hooked on is ‘Secret Circle’ on the CW. Umm why are shows/movies that center around teen witches so awesome (The Craft, Teen Witch, Sabrina – all stellar in my book)? Definitely reminds me of being a moody teen, watching Sailor Moon, and going to Hot Topic every week for baby tees. Le sigh the 90’s, le sigh.

Bev Weidner — January 31, 2012 @ 6:55 pm

6 pounds of fringe? THAT is what we’re wearing in Seattle.

Well, over our Dexter tube tops. Duh.

sarah@spinach and spice — January 31, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

Oddly enough, I used to go to “Dylan”.. Luke Perry’s.. house every year! haha my (now removed) uncle was best friends with him, so we always went to his annual pig roast!

• Jessica — January 31st, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

I am so jealous.

rose — January 31, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

I think my favourite early episode is brenda and dylan’s first date.. true love! kinda.

emily W. — January 31, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

Perfect. I was just trying to figure out what on earth to make for dinner that could incorporate guacamole! Making it tomorrow (because I already made Mexican casserole tonight). Thanks heaps!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 31, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Bella is huge! Wow! Looks like the puppy days are kind of done. What a cutie she is!

And grapefruit…why does it make everything taste so…awful…for so long afterward? Will never get that one!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 31, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

I went through a huge Dexter phase last year. That show is addictive–and Dexter oddly attractive. You should watch Alias. Because clearly that is what all of your CIA dreams are hinting at.

Jill — January 31, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

LOVE reading your Tuesday Things! They always make me laugh! Glad to know someone loves food, and her golden retriever as much as me. I have two goldens, and they are my children!!

Chrissy — January 31, 2012 @ 8:44 pm

What happened to the puppy?! Goodness, babies grow up so fast…

nicole {sweet peony} — January 31, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

hahaha love this! glad to hear you’re liking homeland so far. after you’re done with the season, give the tudors a try. it’s been over for a few years, but i really liked it, and my boyfriend, henry cavill, was in it… yummy :)

Katie-Lee — January 31, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

Oh my oh my…you MUST watch Chuck!!! Most amazing show ever…romance, suspense, comedy…it has everything and I am seriously emotionally attached to the show!
    5 seasons of 1 hour episodes to watch-consider your next few weeks filled!!!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — January 31, 2012 @ 9:53 pm

I love those bowls from Chipotle so much! I wanted to make this right away until I saw your comment about the prep time. Maybe I’ll make it for a bunch of friends….that way it won’t be as exhausting just making for one person. :)

ash @ http://peacehappinessyoga.blogspot.com/ — January 31, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

love your writing style!! It’s awesome!

Kirsten — January 31, 2012 @ 10:03 pm

Elizabeth is totally right! Hart of Dixie grows on your till you can’t wait for it every week!
    Also, I totally need Sephora stock too… obsessed!

meg — January 31, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

I also love love grapefruits this time of year! Is this when they are in season?

danielle — January 31, 2012 @ 10:40 pm

I remember that jacket!!! Brenda’s Bangs were awful in the early episodes too.

vanessa — January 31, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

If you’re looking for a new show to be obsessed with, watch the walking dead immediately!! It’s super scary, but oh so addictive.

• Jessica — February 1st, 2012 @ 8:03 am

We already watch it! We love it.

• Jessica — February 1st, 2012 @ 10:16 am

LOVE Walking Dead – super scary, and the creepily hot shaved-head guy (Shane?) doesn’t hurt, either. Why does slaying zombies make a guy so hot? Or slaying bad people, for that matter (love Dexter). Have you seen Weeds and Breaking Bad?

jackie — January 31, 2012 @ 11:20 pm

Chipotle is work a long walk/drive. It’s just delicious- end of story.

Bella is a beautiful dog with a great smile. Is it weird that I think dogs’ mouths are fun to look at? Wait…that does sound weird. I just think it’s funny when they have over/underbites, have a big smile, look like they’re frowning, etc. Does that sound less weird?

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — January 31, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

Hahaha. I had to laugh at the “smart people shows” comment. My work week line-up consists of The Bachelor, Toddlers & Tiaras, and wedding shows on TLC. I don’t like to think too much when I’m watching TV :).

Brittany — February 1, 2012 @ 12:36 am

Love, love, LOVE Bella.

Meg — February 1, 2012 @ 2:21 am

You should definitely try castle, hands down my favorite tv show, murder and comedy haha what could be better…. Or modern family

Em — February 1, 2012 @ 8:25 am

Dylan was theeee best! Apparently Luke also gave up acting because he fell in live with this girl and she didn’t want to stay in Hollywood so he gave it ALL up for her m moved to like Montana. Obsessed.

1. Pingback: Just Like Chipotle's Corn Salsa | How Sweet It Is