More pizza.

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza I howsweeteats.com

I apologize.

Ummm… but not really.

As I was testing out multiple crusts for the garlic bread pizza crust, I made like, fifty additional pizza flavors.

Okay. Lying again.

I did make this one. It’s like freaking SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP on fat, fluffy bread.

Am I even serious right now? I almost crushed some pita chips on top just because.

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza I howsweeteats.com

AND I thought I could trick my husband, who you know… loathes three foods in this entire world, one of them being ricotta cheese… into eating this pizza, but he walked in on me mid-ricotta tryst and saw two big heaps sitting in a bowl. So I told him it was ice cream.

He didn’t buy it. But he was also dipping a plain chicken breast in ketchup at the time and drinking a peach milkshake from a swirly straw. Whatever that means.

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza I howsweeteats.com

Not only can you eat this pizza for, say… dinner or lunch, it makes for an awesome appetizer or pre-dinner snack. On a small roundish or rectangle-like crust, the filling sits almost an inch thick. Cheesy, gooey amazingness filled with – say it with me! – VEGETABLES.

I’m going to eat this forever.

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza I howsweeteats.com

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

makes one pizza

one pizza crust recipe

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 shallot, diced

2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed

1 (6 ounce) bag of fresh spinach

1 (14 ounce) can of artichoke hearts (5-7 count)

2/3 cup ricotta cheese

8 ounces freshly grated mozzarella cheese

4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Drain artichokes and press with a paper towel to reduce some of the moisture. Roughly chop, pressing with a towel again, then place in a bowl. Add ricotta cheese.

Heat a large skillet over medium low heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add in shallots with a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and spinach, tossing to coat and cooking until spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach mixture to the bowl with artichokes and ricotta, then add salt, pepper, 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.

Drizzle pizza dough with 1 teaspoon olive oil and brush to coat. Sprinkle a bit of mozzarella cheese over top of the dough, then spread spinach ricotta mixture evenly over top. Cover with remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.

Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza I howsweeteats.com

Somebody gimme a chip.

127 Responses to “Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pizza.”

Diane @ Attempting Domestication — March 28, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

Wow – this looks super yummy! I’m going to have to give this a whirl.

Dulcimer — March 29, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

This was AMAZING!

Carrie — April 5, 2012 @ 7:19 am

Made this for dinner last night and it was exceptional! I am currently eating a cold piece for breakfast. Very delicious. Thank you!

Jamie @ love bakes good cakes — April 20, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

I’m making this tonight! I can hardly wait!

Nicole — November 5, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

Thank you for the recipe! I managed to make this on my pizza stone and it was amazing!

Ashley — February 1, 2013 @ 12:40 am

Followed the recipe exactly but used a bought pizza dough. Also, made it in an iron skillet like a deep dish…..so amazing. Recommend trying this!

carly — February 26, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Wow! We used a whole wheat trader joe pizza crust and our pizza stone annnnnnd tripled the garlic. So good! Best homemade pizza ive ever made!

Thanks for all you do! Ive been making your recipies almost exclusively over the past couple of weeks. I was in a cooking slump and really bored. You make healthy cooking exciting and really enjoyable! Oh and those buffalo chicken french breads? Holy Moses.

Molly — June 11, 2013 @ 11:08 pm

OMG! This pizza looks so delicious! Going to have to try it out next weekend. I tried eggs benedict pizza last weekend, MmmMmm!

Lauren — February 4, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

This is just the best!

Jules @ WolfItDown — October 30, 2014 @ 6:06 pm

This looks too darn tasty! Who needs meat when you can have bread and cheese and spinach anyway? ^ ^

1. Pingback: Oatmeal Toppings – Pretend This Post is Dressed in Green!

2. Pingback: Tangent Tuesday — Koko Likes

3. Pingback: Pizza and Teen Mom « A Tasty Life

4. Pingback: 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Weekend Eats & Activities » mac&cheese&peas

6. Pingback: Spinach Artichoke Pizza | bakingbandit

7. Pingback: It is really all about the Crust | therestauranter

8. Pingback: Adorable Brunch Themes with Your Neighbors | Tree Classics Blog - Artificial Tree Inspiration and Know How

9. Pingback: Shut up and let this pizza solve all the world’s problems. | life+running

10. Pingback: Link Love #5 | Wild Blue Wonder