Let’s chat about the biggest reason we should celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

K k… and maybe that whole Irish heritage thing, but um… Irish heritage? I repeat: booze in everything.

I’ve got the genes to prove it.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Stout in cupcakes, whiskey in milkshakes, irish cream in cookies and… a big fat round truffle laced with liqueur. I made it just for you!

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

That’s a semi-complete lie. I pretty much whipped it up for myself. THEN decided to share.

Made evident by the missing slice before I even started photographing. I could not wait another SECOND. Ants in my pants.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

I dunno. I mean, I don’t even have any idea what to SAY.

It is like… the richest dessert ever. Obviously caps lock worthy. It’s totally insane. I’m not lying when I tell you that essentially? You are eating straight up ganache. Embrace it. Love it. Enjoy it. Eat more.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Especially since it’s topped with some fresh Bailey’s whipped cream to, you know… cut the richness.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

It’s so good you will want to eat it off the floor. True story. Grab a fork.

Other than that? I’m speechless.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake

[only very slightly adapted from Heidi Swanson]

makes one 9-inch cake

15 ounces good quality milk chocolate

12 ounces heavy cream

4 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream

butter, for pan

extra milk chocolate for topping

Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan. I also placed a round of parchment paper on top of the butter. Chop chocolate and heat in a double boiler until just melted. Heat cream and Bailey’s over low-medium heat until very warm to the touch, but not bubbling. Add melted chocolate to the cream mixture, and whisk continuously until it is completely smooth and combined – about 5 full minutes. Pour chocolate into pan and place in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours, or overnight.

Once ready to serve, remove the outside of the pan, grate additional chocolate over top or sprinkle with cocoa powder, then serve with Bailey’s whipped cream. I found it easiest to slice with a warmed knife or a knife sprayed with nonstick spray.

Bailey’s Whipped Cream

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream

1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

In the bowl of your electric mixer, add cream, vanilla and Baileys. Mix (using the whisk attachment or beaters) on high speed until peaks form, then add sugar and mix a little more.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

As you can see… that was just awful.

145 Responses to “No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake.”

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — March 2, 2012 @ 7:57 am

Oh my, it is ganache in a cake pan! Absolutely genius!

Vera — March 2, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Bailey’s is my absolute favorite. I must have this!

Emily — March 2, 2012 @ 8:09 am

It never occurs to me to celebrate St Patrick’s Day, but this might persuade me to make a point of doing so this year! Wow. Heavens. You ruin me! ;)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 2, 2012 @ 8:13 am

Oh man, I saw this on FB and I saw cake, chocolate and no bake I knew I was in love! This looks amazing, this is one to make and I happen to have some Baileys! Thanks for the great recipe!! he he I can’t wait to try it!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Kathryn — March 2, 2012 @ 8:13 am

So rich and creamy and decadent. I’m in!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — March 2, 2012 @ 8:14 am

Oh no! Please don’t say “no bake”! This means it’s easy! And Bailey’s?? This means easy AND delicious! The photos are (once again) gorgeous!

Trish — March 2, 2012 @ 8:15 am

I gave up sugar for Lent, but not you!!! I am going to go cry in my coffee now.

Kim in MD — March 2, 2012 @ 8:16 am

YUM! Is it bad that I want a slice of that cake for breakfast? ;-)

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — March 2, 2012 @ 8:17 am

You’re right, it looks awful! I hope I never have to celebrate St.Patricks day with that cake! ;)

Melissa@IWasBornToCook — March 2, 2012 @ 8:17 am

I’ve got a bottle of Bailey’s sitting in my fridge waiting for stuff like this…

Becki's Whole Life — March 2, 2012 @ 8:18 am

Wow, this looks crazy good:-)….might have to get some Bailey’s this weekend just for this! Love the whipped cream almost as long as the truffle cake!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 2, 2012 @ 8:20 am

My family is Irish.. and German. Apparently we like to drink – a lot.

• Jessica — March 2nd, 2012 @ 8:23 am

That’s exactly what I am! And my husband too.

Audry Barrie — March 2, 2012 @ 8:20 am

Now that’s my kind of breakfast.

cherrypix — March 2, 2012 @ 8:21 am

definitely something for a special occasion! Feeling a bit tipsy just looking at it :-)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — March 2, 2012 @ 8:33 am

Wow. My sweet tooth is aching just looking at the pictures! Delicious! ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 2, 2012 @ 8:36 am

the best part about this is that i should be able to eat it by st. patty’s day – OMG so excited!

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — March 2, 2012 @ 8:48 am

I love two things about this recipe; number one, the booze and number two, the no baking part! Yum! It helps save time for what you are really supposed to be doing on St. Patrkick’s Day…. Celebrating Irish heritage ; )

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — March 2, 2012 @ 8:49 am

I’m practically drooling right now. This looks phenomenal! The first time I tried Baileys was when I was about 16 and my friend and I came home from a bar. Her brother made us Bailey’s milkshakes and they were to.die.for. They’d pair nicely with this cake! Lots of vitamin B!!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — March 2, 2012 @ 8:57 am

i keep forgetting st. patty’s is just around the corner! anything with bailey’s is my weakness. oh and chocolate. shoot. this recipe could be a problem.

Andrea — March 2, 2012 @ 8:58 am

OMG-that just is not right. I will be making this weekend.

And I just have to tell you, I just discovered your site, and I am obsessed. Went to Trader Joes in a snow storm yesterday just because I see all the yummy things you buy there. I usually just go for wine :)

• Jessica — March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Glad you found me!

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — March 2, 2012 @ 9:04 am

ahhh I’m so sorry you dropped one on the floor that is the WORST EVER!!!

Mansee — March 2, 2012 @ 9:16 am

Amazing! I bought Baileys to make Irish Car bomb cupcakes and wasn’t sure what to do with the rest. I figure I should use it in a dessert one more time before I just start pouring it over cereal.

Katy — March 2, 2012 @ 9:18 am

Wow! I want this so bad but I’m 6 months pregnant so I guess I will have to wait a few months! Looks beautiful!

MEDons — March 2, 2012 @ 9:18 am

I enjoy your scatterbrainedness.. It reads well in my head.

and this looks DElicious.

Jennifer — March 2, 2012 @ 9:20 am

You had me at “no-bake.” Or maybe it was at “chocolate.” Or “Bailey’s.”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 2, 2012 @ 9:23 am

I kind of need this right this very second!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — March 2, 2012 @ 9:46 am

I’m pretty sure “booze in everything” needs to somehow become #JessLaw. Also after the week I’ve had, I plan on literally having BOOZE WITH EVERYTHING.

• Jessica — March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:52 am

I’m down with that.

Hilary — March 2, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Has anyone got a recipe for coconut jam – that doesn’t contain eggs?
    I had a jar bought back for me from Thailand, it was devine, gorgeous, fabulous ….!
    Just delicious ummmmm!
    Help please.

Amanda at the red table — March 2, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Yuuuuummmmmmmmm. I’m not sure what other word would adequately express how good that looks. We’re going to Ireland soon — I’ll have to ask the locals if true Irishpeople put booze in everything. If they don’t, they should, right? :)

sally @ sally's baking addiction — March 2, 2012 @ 9:57 am

LOVE that this is no bake. LOVE that there is alcohol involved. LOVE that this is rich and chocolatey. obsessssssed.

Kelly — March 2, 2012 @ 9:58 am

Wow. That looks insanely rich!

Rolling Pin Claire — March 2, 2012 @ 10:00 am

I gave up drink for Lent but we Irish are allowed a dipensation for St. Patricks Day (it comes straight from the Pope!!) so the bottle of Baileys is waiting in the wings for the big day!
    Dessert looks amazing.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 2, 2012 @ 10:06 am

This is surprisingly simple! And boozey!! Love it :D

Evan Thomas — March 2, 2012 @ 10:22 am

So it’s just chocolate, cream, and liquor? I am SO on board.

Cait's Plate — March 2, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I’m pretty sure that last shot is why the ENTIRE pan of this would look like t-minus 15 seconds after pulling it together.

Chelsy — March 2, 2012 @ 10:39 am

I had a chocolate bailey’s shake last year to celebrate St. Patty’s Day because you know I am sooooo Irish? ya, back to the booze thing? I could definitely come around to eating cakes with booze in them. Hell, I eat just about anything with booze in it.

Meagan Wied @ A Zesty Bite — March 2, 2012 @ 10:45 am

I want to jump through my screen right now and be in your kitchen. I’m seriously in love with this cake…… Still drooling! I’ll sit by my computer just in case you decide to invite me to your house.

MikeVFMK — March 2, 2012 @ 10:45 am

Straight up ganache works well with my new “eat anything delicious” mantra. And this falls nicely into that category. I feel like you just hooked up a chocolate lovers IV to my mouth. Yum.

Windy — March 2, 2012 @ 10:47 am

This sounds marvvy. I just don’t know what to do with myself. St. Patrick’s Day coming up has fun boozy desserts all over the place and if I try them all I’ll be 500 lbs.! It might end up being worth it though…hm…

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — March 2, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Good Lord. That is all.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 2, 2012 @ 10:52 am

Yes – booze in everything! I’m not so sure about eating it off of my floor though? ;)

Cookin' Canuck — March 2, 2012 @ 10:58 am

That looks like sheer decadence and, with the booze added, it gets added into the category of “pure heaven”. Love it!

~kim — March 2, 2012 @ 11:00 am

glue that cake to the plate w/ a smear of whipped cream, or a dab of the ganache. Maybe a splash of Bailey’s on the plate to keep it from slip sliding away~!
    I can already see a nationwide shortage of Bailey’s looming because of this recipe… I’m out the door to grab my rightful share. I have my Irish heritage to think of ya know!

Katrina — March 2, 2012 @ 11:08 am

This is my kind of cake!

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — March 2, 2012 @ 11:11 am

Totally with you on the best part of St. Patrick’s Day being putting booze in everything. Love. And I love this cake!

Jen Marie — March 2, 2012 @ 11:32 am

Perfect St. Patty’s Day dessert!

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy — March 2, 2012 @ 11:32 am

Holy cow that looks delicious! I need a slice of that right now!

Chelsea@Chelsea Is Dishing Up — March 2, 2012 @ 11:46 am

Oh. My. Stars. Looks so rich and yummy.

I love the picture of your spill, cracked me up. Thanks for keeping it real.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — March 2, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

This is pretty much my dream cake…chocolate, no-bake, Baileys (love it!), cream…and more cream and butter.

I’ve seen this recipe of Heidi’s and now it makes me want to really try it. Like, now!

Moni'sMeals — March 2, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

oh heck yes! I agree…booze in everything, haha!
    This looks amazing. :)

Will try!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: The Weekend Dish: 3/3/2012 | Brown Eyed Baker

2. Pingback: Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Brown Sugar Frosting | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Friday Fun! #1 | Cupcakes & Kale Chips

4. Pingback: Reading List — Savvy Eats

5. Pingback: Links Lundi | Ruby Bastille

6. Pingback: Pesto Parmesan Scones | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: 牛奶巧克力百利甜酒松露蛋糕 - 有气质

8. Pingback: Gin & Jacqie Blog » DIY Wednesday: Best of lazy day DIYs

9. Pingback: No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake | Food Art

10. Pingback: 7 Best Chocolate Cake Recipes Ever | For Women

11. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Recipes

12. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Chef

13. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Recipe