1. As much as I hate green things, I made this for dinner last night and ACTUALLY ATE IT. I might have quadrupled the cheese, but whatever. Green is as green does.

2. You know how I am CONSTANTLY complaining about what a mess I make in the kitchen and how it takes me like, five hours to clean up every night? Here are some tips on staying organized. It seems I am incapable of following them but I’m sure they work if you are a normal person. I am not.

3. There would be a baking dish full of cheese sitting on my oven right now.

Not really, because there are enchiladas under there. I think? #nosuchthingastoomuchcheese

4. My husband and I are both in a weirdo kind of funk today, most likely brought on by this gorgeous SNOWFALL weather in almost-May, so we are going to the movies tonight. This is HUGE. When I was little I couldn’t wait to be a grown up so I could do fun things on school nights. But then I became a grown up and still.. get in bed at 9:30 and never do fun things on school nights. I’m also not in school but will forever call weeknights school nights. I’m also a complete loser.

5. Was anyone else seriously convinced at the end of the Eastbound and Down finale that Kenny Powers really had bit the dust? What? You don’t watch trash?

6. I ate this snack today which was fairly healthy until I chopped an entire bar of chocolate on top. Funk be gone!

7. Oh and I also eat a crapton of Grape Nuts because I love things that are so crunchy they almost break your teeth and I am secretly 74 years old. Just ask my iTunes.

8. I am elbow-deep in a serious egg obsession. I love eggs so much. I find them to be one of life’s simple pleasures. I am going to die and come back as an egg at this point. I have no idea how that would work but it’s gonna be something weird like that.

9. We went on a nice little date Saturday then got in a huge screaming fight over the new HBO show Girls. Oh yay marriage. Major plus: I got to sleep in a bed all to myself that night. There isn’t much better than that.

10. In relation to #9, a lot of times my husband accidentally falls asleep on the couch and I just… leave him there. I will be sure to drill into my future childrens’ brains what a wonderful thing having your own bed is.

98 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

1 2
    Sharmila — April 24, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

You made me laugh out loud today, on a day that was bad in a way that some days have been for three or so years now. I don’t drink more than half a fruity drink a year but I was contemplating finally figuring out what drowning your sorrows means. Your post was a much better solution. Thank you so much. You saved me, no wait, you really saved my friends. They thank you too.
    Found your wonderful blog via the lovely Shutterbean. I will be returning often and presently.

Katie — April 24, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

Freakin….grape nuts are my life. Let’s get together and crunch on some.

BBB — April 24, 2012 @ 10:19 pm

I love the utter randomness of it, your head is an amazing place,

Mary — April 24, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

ugh, the eastbound and down finale made me SO mad!!!!! Kenny Powers would NOT have left the majors, no way no how!! And not gonna lie, I totally teared up during the whole little Kenny is dead sequence. There is no way he could have survived that. UGH. I loved that show

Kristin — April 24, 2012 @ 11:05 pm

If any dishes at all get done within the work week, it’s a win for me. And I start stressing out if I’m not getting ready for bed by 9pm on a school night. On the weekends I think, “Oh, I can stay up til at least 10!”, like it’s a reward or something and I can’t do that any old time I please. Weird.

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — April 24, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

I totally watch Eastbound and Down! So psyched to see you mention it! I kind of thought that my boyfriend and I might be the only people to watch ;-)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 24, 2012 @ 11:40 pm

I still call weeknights school nights too. That’s just how it’s been embedded in our heads since we were little. It’d be weird to refer to it as anything else.

Rebecca — April 25, 2012 @ 5:58 am

I subscribe to a ton of blogs on Google Reader and I rarely bother to click through to a post to comment – but today I just had to. You make me laugh, you make me feel better about myself and mostly you make me hungry. Thank you for an awesome, amusing, beautiful and inspiring blog (and thank you for adding a Pin It button to the bottom of all your posts!).

• Jessica — April 25th, 2012 @ 6:47 am

Thanks Rebecca!

Iris — April 25, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Ooo what was the argument about Girls? Def a controversial show.

ps that pasta dish look tasty…making it!

Kate — April 25, 2012 @ 9:45 am

In good news, we are the same person apparently. Well, with the exception of the love for eggs. I need some reassurance though, do you also sing very loud to your old school jams and have people ask you to stop, for the love of all things holy?? No? Just me? :)

• Jessica — April 25th, 2012 @ 10:22 am

Always. Always always.

• Kiki — May 3rd, 2012 @ 2:01 am

Old school jams like Madonna’s Immaculate Collection?

Liz — April 25, 2012 @ 10:10 am

#10 – i TOTALLY do that too! It’s like the world is smiling on me and giving me a surprise little treat in the form of an empty bed :) I have yet to bring my 2-year old daughter into bed with me, just to reinforce the importance of HAVING A BED TO YOURSELF!

Moni Meals — April 25, 2012 @ 11:27 am

I hear ya…weeknights all the way!

Jen — April 25, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

Grape Nuts. Best cereal ever. Enough said.

Katie @ Katie Moves — April 25, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

I’m obsessed with eggs too- they’re my favorite! i could have them breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks! anything!

Mia — April 25, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Re: #10: don’t drill that in your kids’ heads too hard. My parents got married when they were in high school (and no, my mom wasn’t preggers! people always ask), so my mom never lived alone in her entire life. She loved when my dad would go on business trips, and she always drilled in my head that I had to live alone for a while before getting married. Fast forward to today: I own/live in a duplex with 2 separate apartments/units, and I’m dating someone pretty seriously. I often “jokingly” ask him if he’d consider living in the other apartment in my bldg when we get married, and letting the kids live down there with him once we have them. He says no and finds it really funny – only because he doesn’t know I’m kinda serious. Don’t make your kids as cray-cray as me!

M. — April 25, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Yumy!

Bridget — April 25, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

#10… TOTALLY relate. I feel a little guilty at first, but seem to get over it as I wrap myself up in covers 3 times and spread myself diagonally across the bed. Which he loves when he inevitably wakes up a couple hours later. Oops.

Jill M — April 26, 2012 @ 8:34 am

#10 , you wouldn’t believe the number of times I have tried to do this in the past 27 years. As soon as I turn off the TV he wakes up and says “Hey, I was watching that” . So wish I could sleep with the TV on . ;)

amyt @ Chicken Nugget Momma — April 27, 2012 @ 11:31 am

YES…yes I did think he died!!! I love that show – it’s so wrong, but I cannot help myself – it makes me laugh. And for some reason – I’ve been egg crazy ….. I’ve been wanting boiled eggs – can’t get enough!

elaine — April 28, 2012 @ 11:33 am

oooh, i’m an egg slut myself! love them, any and all ways.

and is that a chocolove bar??? LOVE.

Bree — April 29, 2012 @ 2:50 am

YES! YES! YES! to number 10! I’ve decided that there is nothing wrong with married people having their own bedrooms. Because sleeping by yourself? BEST. SLEEP. EVER.

sweetmaddy — May 2, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

I. Love. Grape Nuts. And I love that you mentioned them!

Kiki — May 3, 2012 @ 2:03 am

Did I miss the part where you said, the cookie cupcake recipe would get posted soon? Just checking. :)

jasmine — September 20, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Hehe. You. Soooo. Sound. Like. Me. And. My. Gf. With. U. Andyour. Husband We. get. Into major fights. About. What. Channel. On. Tv. We. Going. To. Watch. My channel. Is. Food network. Or. Lifetime. She. Hates. Those. Channels. Whyyy. Because. She. Sucks. Hehe. No really. She. Does. She. Can. Sit. Infront. Of. Tv. Watch. History. Channel. All. Day. Like. Boringggggg. Alsooo. I. Lovvvvvve. Grape. Nuts. Its Soooo. Good.

1 2