I couldn’t help myself.

This isn’t the fourth recipe that I planned on sharing with booze this week… it’s the fifth. The fourth I have yet to share because I ended up making these margaritas late one afternoon for a… meal. Dinner to be exact. I only got away with that because my husband has been gone for five days, and I’ve barely cooked a thing.

I have:

Consumed a TON of guacamole. With chips, without chips, with spoons, etc.

Continued to write on the foggy shower door mid-shower. Bad habit. I draw hearts. Write my name. Stuff like that. Really.

I haven’t:

Had anyone here to clean my mop of hair out of the shower drain, which has utterly… sucked.

But on a positive note I watched more chick flicks than your gag reflex could handle. Trust me.

And on a night when I didn’t have margaritas for dinner, I made a cookie butter smoothie.

Antics like that could never go down if I wasn’t alone.

eat me with margaritas!

So what I did here was take my most favorite drink ever – my fresh strawberry margarita on the rocks – and simply add some cream of coconut and coconut water. Still on the rocks, just a sliiiiightly thicker (but smoother?) consistency, and still drenched with lime. Oh and a toasted coconut + salt + sugar rim.

I can’t even stand myself.

Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas

[adapted from my fresh strawberry margaritas]

recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied

2 ounces Grand Marnier

1 1/2 ounces silver tequila

2 ounces lime juice

2 ounces coconut water

2 ounces cream de coconut

2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup [recipe below]

lime + fresh strawberries for garnish

salt + sugar + toasted finely shredded coconut for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar + toasted coconut [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted coconut]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup, coconut water, cream de coconut and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 60 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few strawberries. A slight bit of separation may occur from the cream de coconut, so shake well!

For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you’d like you can strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.

Serve these with some margarita chicken tacos covered in strawberry avocado salsa. PUHlease.

131 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 4, 2012 @ 6:49 am

I once had a coconut mojito – anything is better with coconut. Get boozey my friend.

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — May 4, 2012 @ 6:57 am

Life is better with coconut— and tequila—- and wine—- and peanut butter spoons. Dang, I guess I’ll have to stick with the coconut and peanut butter spoons for the next few months. You’re.killing.me. I want one soooo bad!

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — May 4, 2012 @ 6:59 am

strawberry margaritas are my favoriteeee. or maybe mango. anyway, i <3 the strawberry coconut combo! i was in miami last weekend and have a ley lime pie coconut margarita…. HEAVENLY. PS: everything is better with tequila. Happy Friday!!

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 8:32 am

That sounds insane. I need it.

Hilary Roberts — May 4, 2012 @ 7:02 am

“Had anyone here to judge my consumption of peanut butter dipped spoons covered in mini chocolate chips. Not good my friends. Not good.”

I laughed so hard I shot smoothie through my nose. Thank you for starting my day on such a hilarious note!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — May 4, 2012 @ 7:04 am

Oh Girl, this will be my favorite drink! It looks amazing! I love coconut and strawberries together and your photos make it look so refreshing!! I’m making this tonight or tomorrow!!

Simply Life — May 4, 2012 @ 7:08 am

haha, it is scary what can happen when we’re left alone, huh?! :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — May 4, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Holy gorgeous! I hope you continue to enjoy Cinco de Mayo. :)

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — May 4, 2012 @ 7:13 am

My favorite type of margaritas!! Cheers!

Karen — May 4, 2012 @ 7:22 am

Did you read my mind? I was planning on making those tacos this weekend. Perhaps I shall make this margarita to go with! I love coconut strawberry flavored things!

Mary-Where's the Zoom — May 4, 2012 @ 7:27 am

My Cinco de Mayo celebration is shaping up before my eyes through my reader this morning. THIS will be on the menu. Quick question on coconut water? Regular grocery store? Trader J’s? Whole Foods? I’m a coconut cooking newbie.

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 8:31 am

I can find coconut water at my regular store now (I think most are carrying it these days) but whole Foods and TJs definitely have it!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 4, 2012 @ 7:29 am

Oh this could get me into so much trouble! Those are my two favorite flavors when it comes to booze!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 4, 2012 @ 7:36 am

LOVE. This would be a perfect bevvie for Cinco de Mayo too… which in my opinion, should last an entire week, not just a day. Guacamole, margaritas, and chicken tacos every day? Sign me up! :)

Kim in MD — May 4, 2012 @ 7:38 am

YUM! I love strawberry anything, especially cocktails! ;-)

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — May 4, 2012 @ 7:39 am

I have no words.

Katrina — May 4, 2012 @ 7:43 am

This makes my body ache for a margarita. I’m simply in love!

Annie @ What's Annie Making? — May 4, 2012 @ 7:49 am

cookie butter smoothie?!?! whats in that??? i think i need one

Nichole — May 4, 2012 @ 7:58 am

These look delicious. Unfortunately, do to some wild nights in college, tequila and I don’t really get along anymore. I bet these would be good as daiquiris though, with rum instead of tequila?

• Nichole — May 4th, 2012 @ 7:59 am

*due. Wow. Morning brain.

Megan — May 4, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Your blog posts absolutely make my mornings :) I’m going to Charleston this weekend and these margaritas are now officially on the menu!

And I’m 25 and totally still draw hearts and my name on the shower door…you are not alone haha

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 8:30 am

I’m never stopping.

krysten @mrsachwartzkitchen.blogspot.com — May 4, 2012 @ 8:24 am

Holy Hannah, I need one of these. This is the busiest week of the year for me and I’m totally making these as soon as I walk through the door tonight. I love you.

Blog is the New Black — May 4, 2012 @ 8:25 am

I love you.

Nina — May 4, 2012 @ 8:32 am

Ok, first of all. These pictures are A-mazing. Second of all, the recipes that I want to make that involve alcohol are starting to outweigh the ones that don’t. I totally blame you ;)

Laura — May 4, 2012 @ 8:33 am

I love that your smoothie is an alcoholic drink! Sometimes I get tired of seeing healthy smoothie recipe after healthy smoothie recipe! And your week totally sounds awesome!

stephanie@cookinfanatic — May 4, 2012 @ 8:38 am

Just ridiculous. I want three. Stat. ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — May 4, 2012 @ 8:42 am

I am so partaking in one of these tomorrow. Looks amazing!!!

Amanda at the red table — May 4, 2012 @ 8:46 am

I’m not typically a huge margarita fan (I know!), but these? These I could handle.

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — May 4, 2012 @ 9:09 am

Seriously?!? Ah.ma.zing! I’m a little jealous that I didn’t think of this, but also incredibly grateful that you did!!! Yum! This looks absolutely fantastic!

Cait's Plate — May 4, 2012 @ 9:24 am

Can you move in with me?

MikeVFMK — May 4, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Love this. Already love all Margarita flavours but with coconut? Genius. Love coconut. And these drinks.

Katherine — May 4, 2012 @ 9:33 am

This looks great but the picture of the taco – “eat me with margaritas!” – looks even better!! Where can I find that recipe?

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 10:51 am

I linked it at the bottom! Would send you link right now but I’m trying to maneuver this reply from my phone.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — May 4, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Cheers!
    Strawberries are my absolute favorite! I’d love to be consuming this drink on a beach right now in a hammock!
    I know this question is about a post or so late, but about roasting the strawberries, Jessica – does it take away their sweetness? I mentioned that I’d be doing that today for a dessert and both of my daughters scrunched their faces all up and freaked, saying not to roast them, that I should be saving that only for veggies.
    I need to hear it from the source. :-)
    Have a great weekend, girl!

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Happy weekend to you too! No – the strawberries definitely stay sweet, if not sweeter! They get juicy too.

Bev Weidner — May 4, 2012 @ 10:07 am

I’ll take 47 jars.

I’m JOKING!!!

50.

Miriam — May 4, 2012 @ 10:16 am

That looks so nice! Love the sound of the coconut combination. I just wish it was sunny outside and not freaking raining (again), so I can enjoy a margarita under the sun… I just can’t picture myself drinking a margarita inside!

Maya — May 4, 2012 @ 10:27 am

I nominated you for an award! Though you are so big time this is probably a mere tiny blip on your radar :)

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Thank you so much Maya!

Melanie — May 4, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I want to be inside your head! This is genius!

AND this week, I ran out of mini-chocolate chips for my peanut butter spoons, so I got desperate and used whatever I had on hand, which happened to be Hershey’s coconut kisses. WOW. Not bad. Not bad at all.

• Jessica — May 4th, 2012 @ 10:49 am

I need some.

Christina — May 4, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I swear…. your recipes complete me! I’m thinking Margarita weekend? YUP

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 4, 2012 @ 10:39 am

Omg. I need to make these, STAT. And, all summer. Every night. They look so so creamy and delicious!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 4, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Strawberries and coconut, yes, cannot go wrong with that combo. Especially when tequila is added!

Emily R — May 4, 2012 @ 11:02 am

Wow….just, wow. I feel like my entire Cinco de Mayo menu is inevitably going to come from your blog. THESE LOOK AMAZING.

Ashley — May 4, 2012 @ 11:08 am

Pretty in pink. LOVE.

Crystal — May 4, 2012 @ 11:10 am

Mmmmmmmmm yes please! I love those times when you are home alone and can slack off in the cooking, watch chick flicks and make fruity yummy looking drinks.

Stephanie — May 4, 2012 @ 11:17 am

I think I am in love with you after reading this post, you have made my weekend. Can’t wait to be sipping these :)

Mary @ Bake Break — May 4, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

Not only does this look delicious, but I’m in the exact same boat as you (home alone for a few days!) and know EXACTLY what you mean! I laughed at myself last night for eating a dinner of mushrooms and strawberry curd (separate… I swear).

I also meant to buy some coconut yesterday, and forgot! Ugh! These are beautiful!

Sarah — May 4, 2012 @ 12:19 pm

You are an enabler.
    And I love you for it.

Ana — May 4, 2012 @ 12:28 pm

This is basically my favorite fruits together in a drink! YUMMY!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — May 4, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

Oh this is just a dream come true for me!! Perfect!

Cinnamon — May 4, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

How did you know I’m on this ridiculous coconut kick right now. These are so perfect!!! Is 9:45am too early to try this? ;)

Michelle — May 4, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

Cookie butter smoothie?! My guy is obsessed with the stuff from TJ. I’m pretty sure he’d flip for this. What did you include in yours? Recipe please!!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — May 4, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

I think I should have a margarita “taste test” party tomorrow and try all of your flavorful ritas. I mean taste testing tequila is totally legit! Right?

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — May 4, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

So pretty! I’m a sucker for pink drinks – especially ones in mason jars :) And ones that taste like dessert. Case in point: http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/ice-cream/raspberry-beer-float

honeywhatscooking — May 4, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

this looks gorgeous.. and your pictures are to die for. really nice job, reminds me of spring.

1. Pingback: Fimm hlutir sem gleðja mig « Lúxusgrísirnir í Flórída

2. Pingback: Summer Drinks « B&C Designers

3. Pingback: Strawberry Coconut Margarita @ We Dessert More!

4. Pingback: Summer Party Food Ideas: Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day

5. Pingback: Truskawkowa margarita w słoiku | Slodkie rzeczy - codzienna dawka słodkości

6. Pingback: Scrumptious Strawberry Recipes Ripe for the Picking | Shecky's

7. Pingback: Mix It Up: Strawberry Coconut Margarita | The Sweetest Occasion

8. Pingback: Imagine Design » Strawberry Coconut Margarita Recipe

9. Pingback: Naked Coconut Water Challenge {GIVEAWAY!} - Fitting It All In

10. Pingback: Weekly Newsletter 12-18-12 | theveggiebin

11. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas | daily-pins.com

12. Pingback: fresh strawberry coconut margaritas | Soul Recipes

13. Pingback: Delicious Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas - fancy-edibles.com

14. Pingback: Out like a Lamb | Tip Toes in the Kitchen

15. Pingback: 35 Vegetarian Recipes for Cinco de Mayo (+ 10 Bonus Margarita Recipes) | Kitchen Treaty

16. Pingback: Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas | How Sweet It Is

17. Pingback: 30 bocados de fresa | Cosas Molonas | Blog de Inspiración & DIY |

18. Pingback: Features & Fun Friday #1 ~ Top 5 Refreshing Summer Sips

19. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas | Foods, Drink & Recipes

20. Pingback: 15 Recipes with All Kinds of Berries

21. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas | İlgili Bilgili

22. Pingback: March Favourites! | a world of boundless curiosity

23. Pingback: Friday Favorites | gold confetti

24. Pingback: The ULTIMATE Cinco de Mayo Party Guide

25. Pingback: The 14 Best Margarita Recipes Ever | Howl at the Moon14 Best Margarita Recipes Ever - Frozen Margaritas | Cinco de Mayo

26. Pingback: 35 Margarita Recipes for Cinco de Mayo