I’ve never been one to turn down a margarita.

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa I howsweeteats.com

The coarsely salted rim… the icy tartness… the bright lime paired with tangy tequila. I’m strictly an “on the rocks” kind of girl, but if my only option was a frosty, frozen drink, I wouldn’t hesitate to put it in my face.  Extra salt please.

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa I howsweeteats.com

My fascination with margaritas began at a young age, but before you feel the need to enlist a help team for my transport to AA, you should know that the relationship was strictly platonic until my later years. It happened long after the days of writing notes to my 7th grade BFF, notes neatly folded into that pocket square signed “LYLAS,” and summer afternoons playing 16 games of MASH in a row just so I could get the correct combination of husband, mansion and quantity of kids for my future. I mean, there was no way I was living in a shack in Alaska with my 4th spousal choice. Please.

If I could go back in time and tell my 12-year old self about how slim the chances are that I’ll marry my current crush of 4 years and live in a mansion in the Bahamas, I’d be a heck of a lot richer. Retail therapy is expensive.

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa I howsweeteats.com

It was around that time that I found margaritas to be glamorous – sandy beaches, bikinis, summer love and beverages with umbrellas are things that any young girl dreams of. Especially a plump one with skin the color of pink milk. I waited for what seemed like forever just to order my own margarita, and I’ve never really looked back.

So, I’m giving you a heads up. These tacos are addicting. New favorite dinner right here. I know, I know – I say that every time. Just let me be, okay? I might like them more than the crispy shrimp tacos. I might eat my weight in margarita chicken tacos for the rest of my life. I might have a margarita every day this week. I might write a blog post drunk. I might force you to drink a margarita with me while eating these tacos. It’s simply necessary. Are you in?

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa I howsweeteats.com

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa

serves 3-4

4 chicken breasts

8 4-inch tortillas (corn, whole wheat, flour)

3 cups panko bread crumbs

1 medium tomato, chopped

1/4 red onion, chopped

4 large strawberries, chopped

juice of half a lime

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

toppings: shredded lettuce, freshly grated monterey jack cheese, cilantro, lime wedges

2-24 hours before making the tacos, combine the marinade ingredients in a baking dish. Tenderize chicken, season it with salt and pepper, then slice it into strips lengthwise. Add the chicken to the dish and let marinate in the fridge until ready to make.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine panko, flour, lime zest and coriander in a bowl. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray. Remove chicken from marinade and coat strips in panko mixture, pressing so crumbs adhere. Let them on the baking sheet then give them a quick spray of non-stick spray or olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then bake 10 more.

While chicken is cooking, combine avocado, tomato, strawberries and onion. Mix with salt, pepper and lime juice.

Heat tortillas if desired, then serve with crisp chicken, salsa, and toppings. Spritz with lime wedges.

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa I howsweeteats.com

Are margaritas good for breakfast? I’ll let you know.

159 Responses to “Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa.”

marla — May 4, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

Can I tell you how beyond fabulous this is. We love strawberry avocado salsa too! Perfect pairing with the tacos :)

Happy When Not Hungry — May 4, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

This looks amazing! My mouth is watering. Yum as always!

Jen — May 4, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

Delicious!! Made this for tonights dinner! Having a Cinco de Mayo party at work tomorrow these will def be shared. Thanks again for another amazing recipe.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 4, 2011 @ 11:44 pm

I think I am having a cilantrogasm. LOVE the stuff.

Kathleen — May 4, 2011 @ 11:59 pm

This is seriously incredible! I’m so inspired– and I love your style of writing, it makes the recipes so personable and fun, thankk you :)

Leslie — May 5, 2011 @ 9:43 am

Based solely on this post, I think if we ever met we would be the best of friends!

Mandy — May 9, 2011 @ 12:37 am

I made this today for Mother’s day dinner and it’s always a little scary trying out a new recipe when you are having people over. I knew I could trust you, well I was pretty sure I could trust you, so I just went for it…and… IT WAS AMAZING!!! Sooo yum! Rave reviews from ALL!
    Thanks :)

Sarah — May 12, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

Trying this tonight. About to start making my tortillas. Chicken has been marinating for 6 hours so far. So excited to try this recipe!

• Sarah — May 12th, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

Just wanted to update. YUM!!! The salsa was so good. I made some cilantro lime rice to go with this.

• Jessica — May 12th, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

Woohoo!

Andi — May 12, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Making these tonight! Been OBSESSED with margaritas lately! very excited!!

Elizabeth — May 30, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

They are unbelievable! I was a little weirded out by the flavors you chose at first, but then I tasted them and I’ll trust you from here on out.

Sarah K — May 30, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

I just made this and it was delicious! My whole family loved it.

Tiffany — June 10, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Made this last night for a dear friend and fellow reader. Your recipes are fool-proof! They turned out perfect, delicious, and so flavorful! Thank you for sharing such a great and unique recipe!!!
    I paired it with a Jalapeno-Strawberry Margarita and it was fantastic!
    Infuse blanco tequila with sliced and seeded jalapeno for one day. Strain Tequila. One muddled strawberry, 1 part jalapeno-infused tequila, 1 part cointreau, 2 parts sparkling lemonade. 10 parts Delicious.

• Jessica — June 10th, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

Thank you Tiffany!

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters — June 19, 2011 @ 12:45 am

That salsa sounded so good that I had to make it with tacos last night… I added peaches and wrote about it here: http://sugarcoatedsisters.com/2011/06/18/california-summer-salsa/

thanks for the inspiration!

Laura — October 4, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I made the tacos and salsa, my husband made the margaritas. It was a fantastic meal that is definitely going to be added to the rotation!!

Christy — May 4, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

I clicked on a recipe from Ziplist and found you. I am busting a gut laughing. Your blog is great! Love your recipes! Looking forward to reading more. I can’t wait to try your Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos and your Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas! MM MM GOOD! Sounds like good start to the weekend tomorrow!
    Have a great one!

Nora Nord — June 9, 2013 @ 11:15 am

i just discovered your blog today, and COULD NOT be more thrilled! My stomach is rumbling and I’m thinking of when I’ll have time to make all these wonderful recipes. But best of all, is your writing. You bring back so many memories! MASH- That was me at 12 as well. I remember that I was never fully content with what I got, so I would also play it again and again and again. I am so in over the top in love with food. I can’t even explain!

Thanks for just having the best blog ever! – Nora :)

http://fatburningfurnacereview.world.edu — June 29, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

Hi, Check out my blog about click this .

Drusilla — August 24, 2013 @ 10:57 pm

You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
    The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
    Always go after your heart.

1. Pingback: Strawberry Mustard Crusted Tofu with Balsamic Strawberries

2. Pingback: Bears Over Radio | Sugar Coated Sisters

3. Pingback: California Summer Salsa | Sugar Coated Sisters

4. Pingback: Fresh Margarita Chicken Tacos – Sprinkle Joy.

5. Pingback: Let’s Make Tacos! « life in green

6. Pingback: Healthy Thai Beef Tacos | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Crispy Margarita Tofu Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa «

8. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo Treats

9. Pingback: Mocha Coconut Iced Coffee, Vitamix style « A Freckle in Time

10. Pingback: Coconut Lime Chicken Tacos With Mango Strawberry Salsamole « A Freckle in Time

11. Pingback: Utilize word of mouth signing up to reduce your staff