To the entire population of my local Target, I sincerely apologize for being THAT PERSON who attempted to check out yesterday while on my phone the entire time. Ew.

I wish I could make you this skillet cookie. Or ten of these skillet cookies.

I swear, that’s normally not me. Let me make it up to you. This should cure all.

Actually, I’m positive that it cures all and I’m about to make two more this weekend in order to cure a little hangover, a little rainy weather, a dog-chewed shoe and an almost empty wallet. Thanks Target.

This cookie… is fab.

I mean, it was just kinda sorta good. Just kinda sorta.

Clearly. Check out the recipe on Tasty Kitchen!

81 Responses to “Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie.”

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — June 2, 2012 @ 7:27 am

Not a good thing to read while drinking my coffee – now I want chocolate chip cookies for breakfast!

Liz — June 2, 2012 @ 7:35 am

I’m bookmarking the recipe for my next party.

Katrina — June 2, 2012 @ 7:50 am

This is home for me. Pure deliciousness.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — June 2, 2012 @ 8:08 am

I want one NOW!! Ok, well maybe after I stop this coughing fit…UGH!!!
    I LOVE making these for the family, but not when some of us are sick. Sometimes it’s not good to share.
    *cough, cough* Ok, I have to go now this is getting ridiculous!
    Enjoy your weekend!

Monsterscircus — June 2, 2012 @ 8:09 am

What a serious cookie and a serious size, it’s already bookmarked!

Rodzilla — June 2, 2012 @ 8:11 am

Just for a second I thought the ice cream in the middle was a pile of butter.

Joy — June 2, 2012 @ 8:16 am

I’m not a cook (or a chocolate lover sorry) but my friends would adore this – but can I make it in a non cast iron pan?

• Jessica — June 2nd, 2012 @ 8:19 am

As long as the skillet is oven-safe, yes!

Erin — June 2, 2012 @ 8:38 am

I will be making this today! I have everything and I just know it will be a HUGH hit here. My 3 years hates cakes and only loves cookies and he is going to love me forever with this. Also my pregnant self will be eating this in the next hour since I am going to start baking now. It will be my right after breakfast snack! Thank you so much! My family thanks you!

Melanie — June 2, 2012 @ 8:41 am

MMMMMMMM!!!! GORGEOUSNESS!! i want to lick your plate!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — June 2, 2012 @ 8:49 am

What a dream!!!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — June 2, 2012 @ 9:05 am

We’ve all been ‘that person’ at one time or another— no matter how much we hate ‘that person’ :)
    I want that…… for breakfast!!! :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 2, 2012 @ 9:08 am

Yum! I saw this on Tasty Kitchen and thought this is one dangerous recipe!! I would love to just dig a fork in it and eat it all!!

Kat — June 2, 2012 @ 9:31 am

omg that looks amazing

Ariffa — June 2, 2012 @ 9:37 am

girl, you cray.

Ariffa — June 2, 2012 @ 9:38 am

and by that I mean I worship you.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — June 2, 2012 @ 9:56 am

Amazing! Love that you can cook this in a cast iron.

jessica lynn — June 2, 2012 @ 10:04 am

TWO sticks of butter? Holy butter, batman! Makes my mouth water.

Sasha — June 2, 2012 @ 10:18 am

I NEED a cast iron skillet. Now.

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — June 2, 2012 @ 10:42 am

You amaze me every day! Seriously…droool…..

Jill — June 2, 2012 @ 10:49 am

Mmm… yummmm!

Cate — June 2, 2012 @ 10:50 am

OHMAGAH! It’s cool and rainy today in Boston and I’m making this! Just wondering what size skillet you have. You said yours is larger than 8″ so you doubled the recipe. Mine is about 9.5″ so I’m not sure if I should double it. Help! Thanks!!!

• Jessica — June 2nd, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Mine is 12.5! I wouldn’t double it either if I were you, but if you don’t it might be really thin. Maybe do 1.5 of the recipe? A pain, but it will be worth it!

• Cate — June 2nd, 2012 @ 7:59 pm

Wow! That is a big skillet! I doubled it and baked for 34 minutes. It is perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!

Elizabeth Beattie — June 2, 2012 @ 11:13 am

I think you have created our new family birthday cake! Thanks!

Karriann — June 2, 2012 @ 11:25 am

That looks magnificent! Perfect coffee match :)

“Happy Cooking”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 2, 2012 @ 11:40 am

Too funny we were talking about cast iron…and now this. Gah!! Now I REALLY need a cast iron!!! Looks awesome!

Selina — June 2, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

why? Why? WHY? WHYYYYY :D I’m on a diet :(

Kristin — June 2, 2012 @ 12:28 pm

How great is this?! My fiancee LOVES pazookies from BJ’s and this is essential a huge one. Thanks for the share :)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — June 2, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

oh man, this would be dangerous in our house. both my husband and i are huge fans of pizookies (pizza cookies) which is what this totally reminds me of! yum!

Rachel — June 2, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Oh my gosh . . . I can hardly even think straight after looking at those pictures. This looks beyond delicious. I don’t think I’ll be satisfied until I make and devour one (or two, or three, or . . . ). THANKS FOR NOTHING, JESSICA. THERE GOES MY WEEKEND.

Valentina — June 2, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

Hi! i have a smaller skillet, can i split the dough and save some for later? should i freeze the dough?
    Thanks!
    PS: this looks absolutely delicious!! :)

• Jessica — June 2nd, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

I think you can but I’m not positive since I haven’t tried it. I don’t see why not!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — June 2, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

Yum! I want to make this. Like now.

Captain Micah — June 2, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

I made this last night, but it didn’t quite turn out. It was delicious, but it was crumbly when I put it into the oven. I was hoping that it would all melt together as it cooked. Even though it didn’t, it was still wonderful.

But now I am noticing the pictures. You have TWO sticks of butter in the pictures, but only one stick listed in the recipe. That would make all the difference in the world as to how the batter looks going into the oven. Is that what the recipe should say is TWO sticks of butter?

I’ve never been in the wrong when adding MORE butter! : ) Maybe I should try it again tonight with a little more. I doubt anyone would complain…

• Caria — June 2nd, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

Captain Micah – the same question was asked on the Tasty Kitchen website – here is the response “In the post, Jessica mentions that her skillet is larger than the 8″ size called for in the recipe, and so she doubled the recipe. That’s why you see 2 sticks in her photo instead of just one. (I say we storm her place and help her polish off that ginormous cookie. I’m going to pretend they haven’t finished the whole thing yet and knock on her door anyway.)” Hope this helps.

• Jessica — June 2nd, 2012 @ 10:32 pm

Yep this is correct! I mention it in the TK post – my skillet is 12.5 inches and very deep. If you use the 8 inch skillet as the recipe calls for, I definitely wouldn’t add another stick of butter. I’m honestly not sure why it was crumbly – did you really whisk the sugars well??

Ashley's Cooking Adventures — June 2, 2012 @ 9:23 pm

I want to eat this entire cookie with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Cait's Plate — June 2, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

GAH! I literally stood with a cast iron skillet in my hands today for this exact reason and I didn’t get it! Now I really wish I had!

Family Meals and Cooking Tips — June 3, 2012 @ 1:15 am

Woah. How good does that look! I’m currently on the lookout for dark chocolate recipes for a Superfoods for the Brain special I am writing so this is perfect. Think I will have to link to this recipe – YUM!

AJ — June 3, 2012 @ 6:39 am

Yum… oh I will be making this today! AJ@queenofmynest

alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — June 3, 2012 @ 9:16 am

love this!!

Laura — June 3, 2012 @ 1:33 pm

Oooo I saw this on the tasty kitchen blog a few days ago and I was smitten!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day — June 3, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

Ooooooooo I’ve been drooling since I saw this at the Tasty Kitchen a few days ago. First step….getting a iron skillet. Why don’t I have one?

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — June 3, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Oh boy after the day I had yesterday I NEED one of these all to myself.

Rhonda — June 3, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

Alas I am allergic to “chocolate chocolate” if that makes any sense?
    I can only eat white chocolate……you Jessica make many recipes with
    chocolate that I have been able to avoid……that is until NOW!!!
    I must make – have this “cookie”. You being the “expert” of all
    food products (she says truly from the heart ❤ in awe) can you
    recommend a white chocolate bar to use or anything else for me to
    sub?????
    Totally luv what you do……pardon typos!

Kim — June 3, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

So, I baked this no more than 7 seconds after you posted the recipe. And, no, I am not ashamed of that. I will never bake regular cookies again…it was amazing!

Lindsay — June 3, 2012 @ 11:16 pm

There’s a chance that I bought a cast iron skillet today just so I could make this… It’s sooooo good! Yummmmm!

Stephanie — June 4, 2012 @ 7:23 am

Jessica, I just got a brand new cast iron pan at my bridal shower. I was wondering what is your favorite method for seasoning yours?

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 4, 2012 @ 8:40 am

Ok soooooooooo I totally need a cast iron skillet pan now. I’ve seen waaaaaaaaay too many skillet cookies lately and i can’t take it. I’m in large melty cookie withdrawal! Yours looks way too good to be true Jessica!

Ali — June 4, 2012 @ 10:35 am

holy moly…that looks insanely good. i’m pretty sure i’d eat the whole thing myself…eeek

Tanya — June 4, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

Made this last night, but I separated the batter into 4 rammekins… we covered them with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla when they came out of the oven…. HEAVENLY!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League — June 4, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

I need to buy a cast iron skillet. Like, now.

Meanwhile I pine away for this skillet cookie…

Victoria — June 4, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

I’m totally making this tonight! My cast iron pan is huge too; how long did you end up cooking it?

Melody — June 4, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

Again, Jessica…I have such a love/hate relationship with you. Your blog is the only one I read daily and can’t wait to see what deliciousity you have goin’ on! You could nearly be a southern girl. :)

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — June 4, 2012 @ 8:40 pm

All i can say is YUM! I want one NOW.

1. Pingback: Consider me charmed at the science in our skulls. | Danelle Bourgeois

2. Pingback: Brown Butter Cherry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie | Bake Break!

3. Pingback: Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie « Beckster's Laboratory

4. Pingback: 15 Recipes for Your 4th of July Party | The Daily Muse

5. Pingback: Recipe: Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie | One Green Planet

6. Pingback: Oatmeal Skillet Cookie : Yes, I want cake.

7. Pingback: Skillet Cookie | Cookin' Up Life

8. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie | StarLoz™

9. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie - Foodie Fiasco

10. Pingback: Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Toasted Walnuts | Interventions and Lullabies

11. Pingback: out of (and into) the mouths of babes | rhinestones of wisdom.

12. Pingback: Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie | thebitesizedbaker