1. Um… this breakfast? Was insane. A truffled omelet with these fried potatoes, and when I say fried, I mean they HAD to be deep fried. So crusty on the outside and super fluffy on the inside. I just… can’t. Booze made it even better.

2. If you’re looking for some new blogs to follow, I highly suggest reading Heather’s and Jackie’s. I have a super weirdo, creepy obsession with them. Hey… at least I’m honest.

3. I developed the worst sinus infection and like, quadruple ear infection (my diagnosis, obviously) to the point where I can’t HEAR A DARN THING. I think I’m dying. And I am not dramatic at all. But the best part about this is since coming home, I’ve slept like a freaking baby because I can’t hear any snoring. Life is good.

4. I’m also pretty sure my husband is okay with this because I’m not talking much. He even made me mac and cheese from a box last night. True love?

5. Tell you more later, but I am seriously obsessed with Seattle. Like, I want to move there? Now? I know.

6. Oh but wait, I do want to tell you how we ordered 4 waters from room service on Friday night and they cost us FIFTY DOLLARS. It was super late, the shops/bars in the hotel were closed, I don’t think we could find a vending machine and if we didn’t have water immediately, our lives were going to end… so we ordered 4 waters from room service. In my next life, I think I want to run room service catering so I can be a millionaire.

7. If you’ve ever doubted my ability to talk nonstop for hours, you should stop. Because Bev happened to be on my connecting flight to Seattle, and after 2.5 solid hours of talking nonstop, we got told to shut the heck up by fellow passengers. I hate my annoying self. Sorry world.

8. And even though I can’t hear, smell or taste a thing, I have been craving this vanilla lemonade for days. Also totally flipping my lid over these cheesecake cones. They make me want to do nothing for the rest of my life except eat them. And I just might.

9. I didn’t get a picture of it (or, well… barely anything), but I drank a white chocolate bacon martini on Saturday. WHAT.

10. Let’s start the pity party now… since Girls is ending next week. Maybe next season Hannah won’t love getting naked so often? You’re the wound!!

11. Since my husband and I sort of like each other now (it only took 3.5 years. maybe I’ll tell you about this someday.), he had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I don’t even remember if I thanked him because I was still reeling from not being able to find my car in the airport parking lot. Worst.wife.ever.

12. I’m praying my life will be more fun starting tomorrow when I’m not a complete lump on the couch only ingesting popsicles. Oh… and brandy? I might have had a sip.

13. I vow to use less exclamation points in my life. Starting tomorrow.

88 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lisa | With Style and Grace — June 13, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

oh no, I can’t believe you got so sick!!! I hope you’re starting to feel better – get lots of rest!!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — June 13, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

So I showed my boyfriend an episode of Girls……. and he didn’t hate it. I don’t know what to do now, it’s like it was only fun because I thought I was doing something naughty (watching an awesomely bad TV show I thought he’d hate)!

christina ashley — June 13, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

I am obsessed. I am completely obsessed with your blog. I am overly obsessed with your food posts. I am mostly obsessed with your wit. Obsessed. And… it brings me great JOY to know that you loved Seattle! I live here with my family, and it is the BEST!!! And yes, i just used way too many exclamation points. Thanks for blogging… it makes my days brighter. Seriously. And one question for you… will you PLEASE have kids so that you can blog about parenting too?!?! I. Can’t. Wait.

Jackie @ The Beeroness — June 13, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

Making the list of Tuesday Things makes me so happy, I’m jealous of myself. If that’s possible. And you are way more adorable that I even expected. Heart you. That is all.

Vanessa — June 14, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Tuesday Things always are a highlight of my week. Seriously, yout so great.
    I always get ear infections, they STINK! Pour some hydrogen peroxide in your ear, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, drain the fluid, and do the same thing on the other ear. Works like a charm!

Caitlin — June 14, 2012 @ 10:51 pm

Your blog makes me so happy! Seriously. Keep doing it always please :)

Hayley — June 14, 2012 @ 11:01 pm

I just found your blog, and I’m already crazy for it! I love the way you write, and your recipes.. all of them thus far! PLEASE tell us what your hubby got for you from Anthro… LOVE that store! <3 and Thanks for the awesome reads!

Jocelyn — June 15, 2012 @ 9:33 am

Hello there. I’ve been lurking on your blog for a bit and I thought it was high time I leave a comment. I was in Seattle at the beginning of this month (perhaps we passed each other on the street) and I fell in lurve. We had unusually beautiful weather, so I got an unrealistic picture of what life in Seattle is actually like. But I don’t care. I would move there in an instant just to have access to Pike Place Market and all the fresh produce, seafood, and ridiculously cheap flowers.

Tawny — June 15, 2012 @ 10:03 am

How does your husband know what to buy in Anthropologie? If my husband went there he would only bring home candles and soap. : )

amanda june — June 17, 2012 @ 1:25 am

please do tell us more about that whole husband thing :)

amanda june — June 17, 2012 @ 1:25 am

oh and…seattle is my most favorite place in the world! sigh.

Deanna — June 17, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

#1. I loved Girls. Can’t believe the season is over already…
    #2. Seattle is beautiful, but have you checked out Portland? I can’t decide which city is better. They’re both wonderful
    #3. I’m sorry you’re sick, but it’s seeping down to Ohio too. My whole family has this stuffy thing going on. Drink some hot water with honey and vinegar in it. Sounds gross, but soothes your throat.

ps. I love your blog!!!!

Erika — June 17, 2012 @ 9:48 pm

It would be so fun if you moved to Seattle!!! I live near Seattle, and we could be real life friends! I, too, use too many exclamation points!!! And, you can get bacon on doughnuts here! I read your blog religiously, and I have never made a single recipe, although once I talked my mom into making one of your recipes (twice, because it was so amazing, she didn’t have to be talked into it again), and I have shared a lot of them on FB, because they look so good! I just don’t cook very much. Anywho, I never comment, but I love your blog!

Jimmi M. — June 18, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

why didn’t you just drink the water from the faucet in the bathroom? or is that weird?

Grace — July 15, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

Hi,
    Sounds yummy. But when I select the print button, I get how to slice a pineapple?
    This also happened with the buffalo turkey burgers. Am I doing something wrong?
    I love your recipes and wish I could sometimes print one, not just slice a pineapple.

Valeri Dinco — June 19, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

A boil inside the ear will usually burst, drain and heal by itself after a few days, but if you are in considerable pain and discomfort and do not want to wait for this to happen, see your GP. They may be able to remove the pus using a surgical needle. ^”.*

Have fun
    http://www.beautyfashiondigest.comdm Valeri Dinco

Deedra Simenson — July 3, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Other diagnostic tests to assess the potential causes for sinusitis may include a mucus culture, nasal endoscopy (see below), X-rays, allergy testing, CT scan of the sinuses, or blood work..“;

Good day