There are some days when I would just die to have you in the kitchen with me.

And then, there are others when I thank the universe that no one can see me.

Yesterday was both.

Lots of delicious things came out of my kitchen. Also coming out of my kitchen? A very loud, off-key version of Lisa Loeb’s Stay not in tune whatsoever while it played on Pandora after I overflowed a mason jar with beer and ate about 16 maraschino cherries from the jar. And the overflowing foam looked so pretty that I then intentionally overflowed it again just so I could take a picture. Which I didn’t even get. Boo freaking hoo.

In addition to all of the things that materialized in my kitchen, it was 5 million degrees and I finally let the heat win. I needed something cold and while I wished it was an entire gallon of Phish Food, that was practically impossible to eat while doing a bunch of other things. The only thing I could add to my multitasking list was a straw.

So I did!

This is totally healthy too. And it tastes good. And it’s somewhat filling. And it doesn’t even have chocolate? I’m so confused.

Buuuut I just happen to think it’s the new perfect snack. Plus it was an interesting new way for me to consume cantaloupe which I’ve been totally destroying this week. True story: I’m on my 4th.

Oh and in case anyone’s interested, I just wasted 90 minutes of my life watching Wanderlust. What?

Cantaloupe Coconut Lassi

serves 1 generously or 2 appropriately

1 cup coconut water

1/2 cup light canned coconut milk

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt

2 cups frozen cantaloupe cubes

2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes

2 teaspoons honey

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon cardamom

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

pinch of salt

toasted coconut for garnish

Combine all ingredients together (except for toasted coconut) in a blender and process until smooth! Garnish with toasted coconut. Drink up.

But I guess I just should have made a Phish Food shake. Duh.

76 Responses to “Hey Look… It’s a Cantaloupe Coconut Lassi.”

DessertForTwo — July 7, 2012 @ 9:00 am

This is awesome and I can’t wait to make it! Sooo refreshing! :)

OldTurtle — July 7, 2012 @ 10:34 am

Awesome! Do you think those ingredients would freeze well? I would love to try this as a frozen desert.

Katrina — July 7, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

So unique! I love this idea!

Katie @ ohshineon — July 7, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

This sounds super delicious, light, and healthy. I’m really into this.

Lynda Qunell — July 7, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

Yep fell asleep thru Wanderlust waste. Tried the Lassi not a waste love it. Now I might also try the foaming beer today. I live in Wa state and we finally have made it to the 70’s . We’ve been stuck in the 50’s and low 60’s since last year. Might just need that brew today now that spring has made it here. HA Waiting still for summmer.

Leandra — July 7, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

Hahaa! I just watched Wanderlust too. What in the world…

This lassi looks DELICIOUS. I’ve never thought about using frozen melon/cantaloupe in a blended drink but I’m loving the idea. Thanks for the recipe.

Nancy @ CouponClippingCook — July 8, 2012 @ 4:28 am

Love the idea of using cantaloupe in the drink. It looks sooo good.

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy — July 8, 2012 @ 10:48 pm

I know what I’m doing with my extra coconut milk now! This looks like Bali in a glass

Sharifah — July 9, 2012 @ 10:41 pm

You had me at lassi or maybe it was at coconut, nope, it was definitely at cantaloupe. This sounds amazing I can’t to try this. Sounds so yummy!

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee — July 10, 2012 @ 11:00 am

I always pick up cantaloupes but never just want to eat it cut up. Great way of using a cantaloupe!

Brittany — July 12, 2012 @ 7:01 am

This looks great Jess. Pinning now!

Corrie — July 12, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Where did you get those recycled glasses? I have a friend who found a few at TJ Max and is looking for more!

• Jessica — July 12th, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

Pier 1!

• Corrie — July 13th, 2012 @ 12:32 am

63 — April 8, 2013 @ 5:32 am

Its like you learn my mind! You appear to know so
    much about this, like you wrote the e book in it or something.

I believe that you just could do with a few percent to
    force the message home a little bit, however instead of that, that is wonderful
    blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

BJ — May 28, 2013 @ 9:37 pm

Made this today. It was great. And the color is amazing. Making it for a women’s wellness event this Saturday. I’d rather use your brain cells than mine. ;) I’ll share the source for sure. (in case they don’t like it! bah!!)

1. Pingback: The Modeste Diaries: Orange Crush « Style & Fashion

2. Pingback: Cantaloupe Lassi - Weight Watchers | The Slender Kitchen

3. Pingback: Healthy drink and smoothie recipies to help you stay hydratedHealthy Diet and Body

4. Pingback: Caramelized Pineapple Lassi | How Sweet It Is