I’m on vacation. I’m never leaving.

If you’re new around here, my family has been vacationing in Northern Michigan for like, a billion years, and it’s only my OMGfavoriteplaceintheentireworld. Like, love it so much that I will say in public how much I HEART it. And like actually use the word “heart.” Love it so much that I just lay on the ground and don’t even care about bugs crawling all over me which is HUGE because I am so high maintenance. At least that’s what somebody told me today.

If you want to see more vacation pics, I’m currently exploiting my entire life on instagram. Come away with me!

P.S. I have about 900 additional iPhone photos already that I will be sharing eventually. And no I’m not dramatic.

44 Responses to “Weekend Snapshots.”

Jess in Indy — July 22, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

sooo gorgeous. i want your life.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day — July 22, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

As a former Michigander, there’s nothing like the mitten state. I miss it!!
    Enjoy!!!

Kelly — July 22, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

There is no place on earth like northern Michigan. We have been going all my life to the little traverse bay area. Its heaven! So excited to go in August!!

Sana — July 22, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

Love all the pics :) Have fun!

Meghan — July 22, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

I’m from (and still in) Michigan and love summers up north. It makes the winter months a little more bearable knowing what is to come :)

Lisa — July 22, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

I don’t think you sound dramatic at all. I must know, what is that creamy looking cocktail?

Katie K — July 22, 2012 @ 7:10 pm

I’ve been a frequent visitor of your blog for quite a while and I was so shocked to see your photos of Boyne City last year. I now live in Ann Arbor, but I’ve been a resident of East Jordan and Traverse City and my parents have a cottage in Charlevoix so I was so excited that you were in Boyne. Have you ever been to Murray’s in East Jordan? My sister-in-law and her family own it and I have a sneaky suspicion you may like their food! Have lots of fun!!!

JulieD — July 22, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

Love the pictures!! So much…but it makes me miss you more! xoxo have fun!!

kim@hungryhealthygirl — July 22, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

Great photos! I love the first one with the American flag.

Melissa — July 22, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

We were at Red Mesa last night. Enjoy!

natalie@thesweetslife — July 22, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

thanks for letting me live vicariously through your vacation photos. I want to see pictures of every single ice cream cone you eat too, k? :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 22, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

I LOVE when Mr. (Eddie) Sweet shows up on the blog! Beautiful pictures!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 22, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

I know you love it so very, very much there. It’s Your Place and I am glad you are so in love with it – we all need ‘that place’. Savor, enjoy, relish. As I know you are :)

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — July 22, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

Beautiful pictures- keep on having an amazing time!!!

Anna — July 22, 2012 @ 7:43 pm

Ahhh, MI how I love thee =)

Although, it’s a bit hot for my liking right now (fall is my most favouritestest season ever). Your shots are gorgeous & you and your hubby are adorable =)

Erica — July 22, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

yayyy! Glad you’re having so much fun- enjoying the instagram action. Those chips look fantastic…I wish I could eat chips and salsa or guacamole every night for dinner…and not be sickly large :). “If you’re new around here” hahah..

Gabby — July 22, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

Are you in Traverse City?! I’m a long time reader and I’ve spent summers up in that area my whole life. Sand dunes, light houses, canoeing…it’s so great up there.

Lisa Spencer — July 22, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

I live in Higgins Lake!!! I wouldn’t trade it for the world

Trudy — July 22, 2012 @ 10:22 pm

The pictures are fantastic! What kind of magarita was that? It looked like one I would like to try.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — July 22, 2012 @ 10:46 pm

Love the photos, especially the one of you and Mr. How Sweet! So cute!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 23, 2012 @ 12:40 am

Listen, girl. NOT a problem. Mo’ pictures mo’ happiness. Instagram dat sheet!

Chantal — July 23, 2012 @ 6:12 am

Hi, I’m sure people must ask you this a lot, but what kind of camera do you use for your photos?

jann jones — July 23, 2012 @ 6:22 am

oK, the creamy drink looks DIVINE, major want!!!, and the water is soooo enticing! I’ve got a little day trip to the Oregon coast today, its like an hour and a half away, you’d love it, and now I want to feel that sand around my feet even more!! I’ll get pics, and post on Facebook, and send ya some!

emily — July 23, 2012 @ 8:11 am

Oh man. My family vacationed in Michigan every single summer when I was a kiddo, and it is… my heart’s happy place. My parents are there with my grandmas right now, actually, and I’m NOT. Being a grown up is dumb!!! More pics so I can live vicariously, please.

Katie @ Oh Shine On — July 23, 2012 @ 8:38 am

Take me with you? I”m currently at the office by myself and am super lonely — your life seems so much more fun right now.

ally — July 23, 2012 @ 8:39 am

Keep ‘gramming! It’s great! Pictures are stunning, and you make many smile, including me!! Ally :)

Christa — July 23, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Your hair is so stinking cute in that top knot!! Love!

ellenbcookery — July 23, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Nice pics. LOVE the orange shirt on the Mr.

Cait's Plate — July 23, 2012 @ 10:05 am

I would never leave if I were you either. It looks like a perfect vacation! I’ve never been to Michigan but from the looks of it I need to go!

Dana — July 23, 2012 @ 10:12 am

I love when you have pictures of Mr. Sweet! He’s a cutie!

Breanne — July 23, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Our phones are twins!!

Have a great vacat, the pictures are gorgeous.

Cydney — July 23, 2012 @ 11:31 am

I love the Upper Peninsula. Have you been up that far north?

Jessi — July 23, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

Tacos, what?!! Haha. Your pictures are making me so hungry…and wishing I was at the lake :)

Kim in MD — July 23, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

I am so jealous! ;-) I have never been to Northern Michigan, but I want to visit so badly. In the meantime, I will enjoy it through your camera lens! Have a great time, Jessica!

Taylor — July 23, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

You and your husband are a cute couple! PS – do I spot a popped colla?! I dig it.

Andrea @ Vegvacious — July 23, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

Love the pics —- I’ve seen a few you posted on Instagram and was feeling kinda (ok, a whole lotta) jealous! Good thing is that I live right across the border so I’m thinking Northern Michigan needs to be a new vacation spot to try!

Kat — July 23, 2012 @ 1:49 pm

omg I need a vacation like this. minus laying on the ground with bugs. ew.

Tracy {Pale Yellow} — July 23, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

I’m leaving for a few weeks for some Northern Michigan action myself! There is nothing better than some time by the lake with a drink in your hand!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — July 23, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

I want to go to there.

Adriana — July 23, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

I’ve traveled all over the world and I maybe biased because I am from Michigan, but there is nowhere better than Northern Michigan along M22…from Traverse City to Harbor Springs and every city in between. Enjoy your vacation!

Elizabeth — July 25, 2012 @ 11:30 pm

Love these pictures!

Kristin — August 10, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

Have you had the black bean cakes at Red Mesa? Soooo delicious!

mountain girl heidi — March 13, 2013 @ 4:37 pm

I feel the same way about northwest Montana (Flathead Valley/Glacier National Park). I live in Nebraska now, and no one gets it.

1. Pingback: Weekend [Vacation] Things. | How Sweet It Is