Want to know what I’m thinking today?

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

Besides how giddy I am that Scott Speedman is back on cable television?

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

And besides how I don’t know if I can handle not ever knowing WHAT happened to Mark Sloan on Grey’s?

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

That this week deserves a big, cold glass of sangria.

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

It has been… a week. Uh huh. And it was “a week” AFTER I had this sangria last weekend. Fair? I think not.

Sooooo. You know, I’m all about the chilly weather cocktails. Last year I made pomegranate vanilla sangria along with apple cider margaritas, and now I’m like why didn’t I ever just make apple cider sangria? I don’t know. Sometimes I am just totally clueless.

Oh and I’m also freaking out over the fact that pomegranate season is HERE! Only one of my favorite fruits, um… EVER.

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

But it’s not about poms today, it’s all about the apples. I guess it’s been all about the apples all week, yes? Huh. Sorta crazy over them.

They only get better in sangria. Trust me.

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

Apple Cider Sangria

Yield: serves 4-6

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 bottle (standard size) of pinot grigio
2 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
1 cup club soda
1/2 cup ginger brandy
3 honey crisp apples, chopped
3 pears, chopped

Directions:

Combine all ingredients together and stir, stir, stir. Refrigerate for an hour or so (or longer!) before serving.

[Regular brandy can also be used, I simply used ginger brandy to give it more autumn flavor.]

Apple Cider Sangria I howsweeteats.com

Cheers?

253 Responses to “Apple Cider Sangria.”

Kim in MD — October 5, 2012 @ 6:54 am

I am SO making this sangria for the football games on Sunday! I love the Fall flavors!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — October 5, 2012 @ 7:01 am

I love apples and making sangria with them is a great idea! I love this drink! I think I’ll make a big pitcher of it this weekend!! Speaking of which, have a great weekend!!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 7:30 am

You too!

Liz — October 5, 2012 @ 7:15 am

I never thought sangria could get any better – this recipe proves me wrong. Wowza.

keri @ shaken together — October 5, 2012 @ 7:17 am

This looks absolutely unbelievable!! I pinned this and cannot wait to make it!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — October 5, 2012 @ 7:24 am

This may very well be the best thing on the internet. Or, I’m really thirsty. YUM.

Simply Life — October 5, 2012 @ 7:25 am

what a fun fall drink!

Mallory @forkvsspoon — October 5, 2012 @ 7:27 am

I still can not believe they killed off McSteamy! Oy. Anywho, love the sangria – I will be making this for a shower at the end of this month…it’ll be perfect!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 7:30 am

I knooooow. But WHAT did it? Last night they said “terminal illness.” What did that MEAN? Waaaahhhh!

• Mallory @forkvsspoon — October 5th, 2012 @ 8:20 am

I know! I was waiting for them to explain, but nothing. They always leave us hanging! Argh!

• Larissa — October 5th, 2012 @ 10:20 am

It was something from the plane crash, no? And a broken heart…over Lexi. Cristina said he kept dying on her when they were in the woods before they got rescued…I wish they would be more specific, though. It was soooooo sad when Callie and Derek kept vigil until he passed away. Oh, and wtf is up with Cristina?? OMG! that woman has serious ptsd! She needs to get away from Minnesota or whereever she went and go back to Seattle so her hubby and Mer can take care of her. duh.

Oh, and apples? in sangria? Sounds tasty!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint — October 5, 2012 @ 7:34 am

I had a conversation with myself last night (the mister was already asleep) that I was going to make sangria this weekend. Thanks for making the recipe search easy because this will definitely be in my belly in the next 48 hours or so. :)

DessertForTwo — October 5, 2012 @ 7:40 am

They make ginger brandy?! I must have this! Thanks for sharing :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 5, 2012 @ 7:44 am

Ummm YES PLEASE!! It has indeed been “a week”. The thought of enjoying a nice glass of this after work today is definitely making my morning a bit better!! Cheers to Friday!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh — October 5, 2012 @ 7:55 am

Perfect Fall drink! I might just make this for a party I’m going to in a few weeks.

Stacia — October 5, 2012 @ 8:20 am

Um, seriously. First, he’s all barely hanging on, then he’s ok, then he’s on life support? What could do that? They are so taking the easy way out! I even googled “the surge”. Found nothing.

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:35 am

hahaha I was familiar with the term “surge” just because of having sick grandparents… like apparently people get one last burst of energy and life in them before they pass away… but still – what was his terminal illness?! UGH!

Anna Maria Lewis — October 5, 2012 @ 8:23 am

I emailed you a few weeks ago about a signature cocktail for my fall wedding…..this one is FOR SURE going on the list!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:34 am

Oh my gosh!! Yes! I think this is a much better call than the apple cider margs… I feel like more people will like sangria over tequila??

Stephanie — October 5, 2012 @ 8:37 am

So about wanting this NOW. At 8:44am….

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — October 5, 2012 @ 8:39 am

Jessica what kind of ginger brandy did you use?
    Thanks!

Julie @Savvy Eats — October 5, 2012 @ 8:39 am

MMM, I made a fall fruit sangria a few weeks ago and it was a HUGE hit with everyone! YUM!

Ashley — October 5, 2012 @ 8:43 am

I, too, want to know what the heck is going on with Sloan! I am going back and watching that darn finale again to try to get some hints!

Oh and P.S. this looks absolutely freaking amazing. I’m going to a bonfire tomorrow and this is exactly what we need there! You’re the best! :)

Janelle — October 5, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I am so in love with having Scott Speedman back! He’ll always be Ben to me except now he’s sooo much hotter! (and I don’t even really care for the show!)

• Larissa — October 5th, 2012 @ 10:26 am

I’m confused. Scott Speedman is on Last Resort, not Grey’s Anatomy…He is quite hot, though!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:32 am

Always Ben. Agreed.

Becca — October 5, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Yum! I can’t want to make this, thank you!!! I’ll have to splurge on some cider, stupid apple crop :/

elizabeth @ chronic venture — October 5, 2012 @ 9:02 am

this has been on my to make list for bunco next week! i will have to try this version out, looks beautiful!

Leanne @ healthful pursuit — October 5, 2012 @ 9:02 am

Wow, I read somewhere in your comments the other day that this was coming. Perfect timing too with Thanksgiving going on this weekend!

RavieNomNoms — October 5, 2012 @ 9:02 am

What a lovely idea for the classic sangria! I have a feeling that I would prefer this one to the traditional!

CherylK — October 5, 2012 @ 9:07 am

I know I’ll love this. One question…how long does it keep in the fridge? I’m the only one who indulges (so to speak) in my house. I could halve the recipe, probably.

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:31 am

Alright, I’m not very good with these things, for instance, my husband will eat stuff that is 6-8 days old (within reason of course)… I’d probably keep this in the fridge for at least a week… maybe even more as long as it is covered!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — October 5, 2012 @ 9:10 am

So easy but yet so delicious!

Ashley — October 5, 2012 @ 9:11 am

YES. I am all over this idea.

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — October 5, 2012 @ 9:14 am

be still my heart!! I am dying I need this in an iv hooked up to my body stat! I am going on a girls weekend and totally making this!

Eliza — October 5, 2012 @ 9:14 am

Awesome. I want to go to the store now and have this for lunch.

Cookbook Queen — October 5, 2012 @ 9:15 am

He seemed okay when they landed. WHAT HAPPENED?!?

I am so upset by this turn of events. UPSET. It’s like watching Grey’s has become an Olympic sport because seriously, I walk away completely exhausted.

I’m totally adding this sangria to my post baby list. Which, incidentally, is quite long.

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:30 am

And the best part is that next week they are looking TOTALLY HAPPY and normal and like it will all just be fine. What? Okay.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 5, 2012 @ 9:18 am

I want to love sangria SO much, maybe this is the way to do it.

Milynn — October 5, 2012 @ 9:23 am

This is so perfect! Sangria AND apple cider? Thank you!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — October 5, 2012 @ 9:25 am

I cannot even handle Grey’s anymore…it just makes me feel unstable…I’m still recovering from the season finale a couple of years ago where the gunman shot up the hospital. However, I could totally deal with this sangria – yum!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:30 am

Um, I definitely thought I was going to die during that episode. Total heart palpitations.

Abby@ Totes Delish Blog — October 5, 2012 @ 9:39 am

I JUST got apples from the orchard yesterday, this is perfect for Friday afternoon!

Mal @ The Chic Geek — October 5, 2012 @ 9:46 am

What a wonderful fall drink!

Have a lovely weekend!

Brianna — October 5, 2012 @ 9:52 am

I saw the preview for the new show and said “Ben is back!” and my husband looked at me and said “who’s Ben?”. He will always be Ben from Felicity.

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Always. always always.

Amarachi — October 5, 2012 @ 10:10 am

oh my god, I can relate, just finished watching the Grey’s Anatomy episode and I’m pretty much balled my eyes out crying. I think I need a little Modern Family now lol

Brittany - Life of a Bama Girl — October 5, 2012 @ 10:12 am

This looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it!

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — October 5, 2012 @ 10:16 am

ahhh love love LOVE. I have a half gallon of apple cider in my fridge just begging to be made into sangria.

Kelly — October 5, 2012 @ 10:16 am

I made a big batch of apple sangria for a fall party last year and I did a cinnamon-sugared rim for each wine glass. That was a big hit. Just an idea for some of you that might be making this!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:28 am

Love this idea too!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — October 5, 2012 @ 10:37 am

My mom always makes sangria with chopped apples (and oranges) – but we haven’t tried using apple cider yet! Sounds sooo delicious and perfect for fall!

Jenna — October 5, 2012 @ 10:48 am

This looks so refreshing love it !!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — October 5, 2012 @ 10:53 am

I know!!!! Soooooooooo not cool that they killed off Mark Solan! What the heck were they thinking?! Not cool, Grey’s. Not cool.
    I missed bits and pieces of the show due to a crying baby- did Christina say that they were eating Lexi?! If so, that could have been rewritten; in my opinion. There were other ways to show their distress. Yuck…… Plus, they were in the woods- figure out how to kill/trap an animal or steal a bird’s eggs. Yuck.
    Anywho……. This would make any fall party complete! Mmm! Fall happiness in a glass!

• Jessica — October 5th, 2012 @ 11:27 am

hahaha OMG no, she said she could hear animals eating Lexi. LOL!!

• Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — October 5th, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

Oh.my.goodness……….. Thank heavens! I was seriously feeling really disappointed in the writers for that- I’m feeling better about the whole thing now.

HA! Missing a word or two REALLY makes a difference, huh?!?

• Anne Weber-Falk — October 5th, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

Ew, didn’t hear about the eating Lexi thing. Gross. I’m not surprised Mark died though. Towards the end of the finale he didn’t look very good. Arizona was trying to encourage him to stick with them. Also, didn’t they have to do something to him to help him breathe? I remember his lips looking very blue and grey. I’ll miss him. Sighhh…

Janine — October 5, 2012 @ 11:06 am

OMG THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Thanks for the recipe, can’t wait to try it!

mary @ what's cookin with mary — October 5, 2012 @ 11:16 am

Most definitely cheers !

allie@sweetpotatobites — October 5, 2012 @ 11:17 am

love apples, love pinot grigio (my personal wine fave). this is the perfect fall drink.

Michelle — October 5, 2012 @ 11:44 am

Um, I love you for this recipe. You have no idea! Like I’m so excited for this I”m going to go get the ingredients on my lunch break today. I NEED this after this week!

I stopped watching Grey’s a few years ago. Too much emotional trauma for me! I’m not strong enough for it!

jordan @ thedancingdonut — October 5, 2012 @ 11:49 am

THANK YOU FOR THIS. you have combined my two loves: sangria and autumn. making this for a celebration next weekend, for sure :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 5, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

TGIF!! I could so use one of these right about now. At 1040am :) GREAT recipe, perfect for fall.

janetha {meals & moves} — October 5, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

great idea. want.

Heidi @foodiecrush — October 5, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

Yes, to Scott Speedman and this drink. They both deserve a big old slurp in my book.

parfums — October 5, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

so tasty . i like it
    Parfum pas cher

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Apple Crumb Bars « THE SPATULARETTES

2. Pingback: Friday Favorites « MollyontheRun

3. Pingback: Hey Mr. Postman. | feathers.and.fedoras

4. Pingback: Link Round-up: A Holiday Table, Apple Cider Sangria, Foam Rolling, and More | Smart Mom Style

5. Pingback: » Fall Recipe Round-Up Lost & Fawned

14. Pingback: Apple Cider Sangria | Pale Yellow

15. Pingback: Spooky Party Foods for Adults | Mod City Mag

16. Pingback: Life:Styled » Cocktail Spotlight: Apple Cider Sangria

17. Pingback: No Tricks, All Treats | Newly Wife Healthy Life

18. Pingback: Weekend wrap-up: Halloween and Hurricanes | Trendsetters

19. Pingback: Apple Cider Sangria « Under the Maple Canopy

20. Pingback: Entertaining (Made Simpler)

21. Pingback: Refinery’s Food Favourites | FOOD & DRINK | Refinery Magazine

22. Pingback: Lightened Up Fresh Green Bean Casserole. | Lifestyle Pins

23. Pingback: Our Thanksgiving Menu « Running in the City

24. Pingback: if i were hosting thanksgiving… (a thanksgiving recipe roundup) | wee eats

25. Pingback: Drink: Apple Cider Sangria

42. Pingback: How To Make Sangria | Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom

43. Pingback: 9 Simple Substitutions for Common Food Allergies | melissa nguyen

44. Pingback: Top 7 Fabulous Beverages for Summer Days - All Fresh Recipes

45. Pingback: Apple Cider Sangria | Only Great Recipes

46. Pingback: Apple Cider Sangria | Only Great Recipes

47. Pingback: Fresh Peach and Nectarine Crumb Bars | heatherhomefaker

48. Pingback: Stylish Adventures: Weekly Pintrest Finds - Stylish Adventures with AL

49. Pingback: Cocktail Hour – Fall-Inspired Sangria Recipes | Pretty Little Daydream

50. Pingback: Friday Finds – Gift Guide | The Uprooted Okie