I couldn’t go one more day without telling you about this.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

You need it in your life. Today sounds about right.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Apple Cider Margaritas

Yield: serves 1, is easily multiplied

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 ounce Grand Marnier
1 ounce gold tequila
5-6 ounces sweet apple cider
orange segments and apple slices
cinnamon + cane sugar + coarse sugar for glass rimming
cinnamon sticks for garnish

Directions:

Add a few spoonfuls of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon to a plate. Run an orange segment around the edge of the glass, then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim. Add a few orange slices in the bottom of the glass, fill with ice, then add the Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider and stir to mix. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!

Note: As a rule, I generally prefer silver tequila in my margaritas, but the gold here really gives a “warmth” that matches the cider and cinnamon perfectly.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Happy Fall!

196 Responses to “Apple Cider Margaritas.”

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — October 22, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

I hate you for making me want this so badly…….I’m sure I could figure out how to do this without alcohol but I just know it wouldn’t be the same. haha

• Sandy — September 9th, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

I hear you! However, we can substitute the sugar , and use Agave Nectar to sweeten it!

Sonnet Gal — October 23, 2011 @ 7:50 am

I read your postings in the mornings…sometimes pretty early. Is it wrong that I want one of these right this minute?!

Emmy (Wine and Butter) — October 23, 2011 @ 8:08 am

The fact that these are both seasonal and fruit-bearing completely overrides the fact that they are alcoholic. W.A.N.T

Michaela — October 23, 2011 @ 8:44 am

thank you. perfect for the weekend.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — October 23, 2011 @ 8:51 am

I love apples, I love margarita’s and I tequila, this drink sounds perfect!! What a great drink to have on a nice fall day!

Sandra — October 23, 2011 @ 8:54 am

I’m making pancakes right now. How messed up is it to want one of these along with them?!

Mary Beth — October 23, 2011 @ 11:15 am

This will be so perfect for our Halloween party. Thanks!

Kerry — October 23, 2011 @ 11:56 am

I would love to see you try out something from these guys

Courtney R (Bake. Eat. Repeat) — October 23, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Ah! These will be perfect for a girl’s night coming up. Fancy and seasonal!

Katie — October 23, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

That last photo is so beautiful! Cinnamon and apples? I’m in.

Bridget — October 23, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

You read my mind. I was seriously searching the internet last night for adult apple cider beverages to bring to our Halloween party next week…PERFECT! Might have to test it out today though… just to be sure…

Jasmine — October 23, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

I did not realize how much I miss apple cider until you posted this recipe and there is no way to import it without it turning hard. :(

Skinny Fat Kid — October 23, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

Yum! I have a bottle of Grand Marnier sitting around so will put it to good use! Thanksgiving recipe for sure!

Karen T. — October 23, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

@Jessica Ok I know I’m going to catch flack for this, but I don’t like tequilla. Any way to turn this in to a drink with vodka?

• Jessica — October 24th, 2011 @ 7:29 am

I personally think that rum would work better (especially spiced rum!), but I also think you could try mixing it with flavored vodka? I’d probably leave out the Grand Marnier.

• Michelle — October 24th, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I made a hot spiced cider last year with Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka and it was deeelicious

• Karen T. — October 25th, 2011 @ 10:53 am

OMG sounds fantastic!! Will have to try it with the spiced rum and then make another batch with the whipped cream vodka!! Man I love this blog. All the amazing ideas that come for the brains of you wonderful people!! :)

Squash Blossom Babies — October 23, 2011 @ 8:27 pm

Alright, that looks amazing! I’m pinning this and will be trying it soon!!! :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 23, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

i want one for breakfast

Anna Chapman — October 23, 2011 @ 11:43 pm

Made it with Trader Joe’s Pear Cinnamon Cider! Delicious! Thanks for the idea!

Stefanie — October 24, 2011 @ 8:54 am

I made this for a party this past weekend here in pittsburgh! So tasty, thanks!

Cait's Plate — October 24, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Happy Fall indeed! These look incredible. And yes, today absolutely DOES sound about right.

Jake Schiffer — October 24, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

You should really try this with Texas’s first hard cider companies Leprechaun Hard Cider! Its fresh crushed cider apples fermented in a Champagne yeast, with no added sugar, and no apple concentrate. Comes out to be 7.3% alcohol and would go AMAZING with this drink!

• Karen T. — October 25th, 2011 @ 10:52 am

Where can you find the hard cider??

Nastassia (Let Me Eat Cake) — October 24, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

mmm love this Fall inspired marg! So creative I can’t wait to find an occasion to make a batch :)

Kristin — October 25, 2011 @ 6:57 am

Oh my Goodness. Just tried these the other night with a friend and holy crapoli are these fantastic!!!!! Of course comming home at 5 in the morning when you have to be at work at 7 not so much. Totally worth it though. Thanks for the awesome recipe!!! :)

Ashley — October 26, 2011 @ 11:39 am

I am in love with your blog. :D

Michelle — October 28, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

ooooooohhhhh I want to try this!!!

Joan — October 30, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

Great cocktail!!!!!

Jackie — October 31, 2011 @ 11:15 am

I made these this weekend and they were amazing! I wasn’t so sure about the whole tequila and cider thing, but once they were mixed up and I took my first sip I was hooked. I have a new reason to look forward to apple cider season next year.

tara — October 31, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

I made these this weekend and they were GREAT. i used really good quality tequilla and grand marnier and apple cider i got from the store. i measured the booze exactly but then just sort of added enough cider to fill the glasses. The cinnamon sugar rim was GREAT. I used beverage sugar since that’s what i had on hand instead of cane and it was great. I am still thinking about them and its been 2 days ! i cant wait to make another batch. They were just the right amount of sweet/tart/boozy !

Charity — October 31, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

We made these over the weekend and enjoyed them. On the second round, I left out the orange slices since I found them too overpowering. (Never did use apple slices.) On the third round, I did apple cider and Gosling’s dark rum. A good weekend for drinks! Thanks for the recipe.

Jenni — October 31, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

I want one of these immediately! :) It will certainly be the new drink of choice at Thanksgiving this year!

Michelle — November 1, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

This is very necessary! Making this asap! ty!

Rachel Wilkerson — November 2, 2011 @ 10:43 am

Made these last night — HOME RUN!! Thanks, Mrs. How Sweet!!

Rachel — November 4, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

YUM! Totally making these when I go up to New Hampshire with my family and boyfriend. It’s sure to be a fall getaway hit. Thanks so much!

Mia — November 4, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

If I wanted to make a large batch of this to take tailgating could I mix all of it up before hand and rim the glasses as we pour them?

TAMARA — November 21, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

(*gasp*) You are a girl after my own heart. I will definitely be making these this Thursday. Thanks!

Linda — November 25, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

WOW!! I made these for Thanksgiving…and we just couldn’t stop ourselves! We had a VERY GOOD Thanksgiving!! Thanks for posting these.

Marie @ Chocolate & Wine — November 28, 2011 @ 12:55 am

Made these tonight for Boyfriend and myself. They were DELICIOUS!

xo Marie
    Chocolate & Wine

Julia — December 9, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

Oh this is soooooo my kinda drink!!!! And you’re right, how’s you know I need this is my life, like, yesterday!

Leslie — December 19, 2011 @ 1:05 am

Planning to make these for our Christmas Eve night family party! Great way to wait up for Santa. Soooo glad I don’t have to put together anything!!

Cheryl — September 10, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

Another version is to use caramel vodka instead of the other alcohols. Warm up the cider in a microwave, add a shot of caramel vodka and float an apple slice on top with a cinnamon stick. It’s so yummy.

Kelly — October 6, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

These are AMAZING!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this :)

Cookie and Kate — October 7, 2012 @ 11:21 pm

Hell yes. I made a pear nectar and reposado tequila cocktail over and over last fall; perhaps this will be this fall’s tequila drink of choice. Every season should have a tequila drink to go along with it.. but you know this.

Amanda — October 23, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

I loved this recipe and included it in an apple cider round up on my blog. Thanks for making and sharing this, it sounds fabulous! If you’d like to see the round up it’s here http://amandascookin.com/2012/10/30-apple-cider-recipes-for-fall.html

lindsay — November 26, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I am including this in a 35 Christmas party appetizers and drinks collection over at Mommy’s Sweet Confessions. Thank you!

Lily — December 12, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

Oooh I saw these in the NY Times magazine! My family made them for thanksgiving but I was suffering from the stomach flu and couldn’t try one…next year!

pinder — May 16, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

I’m a student studying at Mississippi State University and honestly appreciate what you have acquired here, definitely like what you’re thinking and the way through which you assert it.
    Your information was splendidly balanced between entertaining and educational.
    I can’t wait to learn far more thanks to you. Your website is undoubtedly one of the better blogs out there right now.

Michele West — October 19, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

These are amazing! My husband has put three away already;)

Indigo Colton — December 16, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

Hello! I wanted to let you know that I have featured your drink recipe in my holiday drink roundup, which you can read here: http://spikesandstardust.com/2013/12/12/need-a-reindeer-mug-with-that-drink/. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Susan E. — October 15, 2014 @ 7:14 pm

I have a caramel bourbon than my hubby picked up on a trip to the mountains that I think would be just lovely in this. It would turn it into a caramel apple margarita. :)

1. Pingback: Apple and Sausage Penne Recipe - lil bit

2. Pingback: Feastivus Autumnus | Breezeway Mike

3. Pingback: 31 Days - Cheers » For the Love of... For the Love of…

4. Pingback: The Boys Club | Your Weekly Internet Cocktail Hour

5. Pingback: Thanksgiving Day Inspiration | Elizabeth Nygard

6. Pingback: Apple Cider Margaritas | The Texan New Yorker

7. Pingback: 8 delicious holiday cocktail recipes - Cool Mom Picks

8. Pingback: Chic Cocktail Napkins for Cocktail Season | The English Room

9. Pingback: Drink, Eat and Drink Some More. It’s Thanksgiving! | Dailyfoodtoeat

10. Pingback: 10 Flavorful Fall Cocktail for Your Holiday Weekend | Lifestyle blog celebrating simple style in everything from weddings and events to fashion and interiors

11. Pingback: Tried & Tested: Bourbon Pecan Pie + Apple Cider Maragritas | Bourbon and Goose

12. Pingback: Holiday Cocktailing It | blah blah birds

13. Pingback: Feed Me: Holiday Cocktails |

14. Pingback: ’tis the season with refinery 29 | STYLE ME GRASIE

15. Pingback: Need A Reindeer Mug With That Drink? |

16. Pingback: Throwing a health-conscious holiday party on a budget For the Love of…

17. Pingback: Holiday Drinks | Blue Mountain Belle

18. Pingback: 20 Margarita Recipes to Get You in the Spirit of National Margarita Day |Foodbeast

19. Pingback: 20 Margarita Recipes to Get You in the Spirit of National Margarita Day | iWantPop.com

20. Pingback: Fun Drinks Friday! (April 11 2014) - Entrepreneurial Drinker

21. Pingback: The Amazing Apple Cider Margarita | KegWorks WP Development

22. Pingback: Link Lovin' from The English Room | The English Room

23. Pingback: 200 Recipes for Football Season | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: Motivational Mondays: These 7 Spiced Cider Recipes Will Get You in the Mood for Fall | Moonly

25. Pingback: 25+ Fall Cocktail Recipes | A Night Owl Blog

26. Pingback: Top Five Fall Apple Flavors | Mommy Snapped

27. Pingback: FALLing In Love | A Brunette With Baggage

28. Pingback: Welcome Fall. (Fall Cooking & Baking Wish List) | The Sweetest Thing.

29. Pingback: 5 Things To Try: Fall 2014 - The ClosetThe Closet

30. Pingback: The REWM:Foodstuffs: A fall dinner - The REWM

31. Pingback: Fall Drinks - Apple Pumpkin Cocktails

32. Pingback: Baked Apples Stuffed with Oatmeal Cookie Granola

33. Pingback: 21 Boozy Apple Cider Recipes You Should Make DIY Ready | DIY Projects | Crafts - DIY Ready | DIY Projects | Crafts

34. Pingback: Fit Finds {October 17} | SF Fit Finder

35. Pingback: 21 Boozy Apple Cider Recipes You Should Make - Homemade Recipes

36. Pingback: この秋飲んでみる21杯の大酒飲みのサイダー飲物 | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード

37. Pingback: この秋飲んでみる21杯の大酒飲みのサイダー飲物 | 健康に良い食事・悪い食事とは・・専門家が説明します!

38. Pingback: Apple Cider Margaritas | Relish Caterers + Event Planning Blog

39. Pingback: Best Fall Cocktails Roundup | Everythings Always Sunny

40. Pingback: Best Fall Cocktails Roundup - Everythings Always Sunny

41. Pingback: 13 Fall Cocktails Perfect For Thanksgiving

42. Pingback: 13 Fall Cocktails Perfect For Thanksgiving | Scarlette Poling's Sceneries