People! Look at these beauties.

Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

I can’t even tell you how delicious they are, how simple they are, how quick to assemble and easily devoured… yeah. They are ah may zing.

Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

And since they are light, well… eat ’til your itty bitty heart is content.

Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

You can find the recipe on the Tasty Kitchen Blog. Dooooo it.

28 Responses to “Lightened Up Chicken Enchiladas.”

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — October 27, 2012 @ 7:43 am

I’m surprised you have a ‘lightened up’ recipe!! ;) But these look delicious!

kim@hungryhealthygirl — October 27, 2012 @ 7:53 am

I just went on over and printed the recipe. These sound fabulous!

Lauren Hardy — October 27, 2012 @ 9:05 am

This is too funny! My boyfriend and I made ground beef enchiladas last night. They are always a hit.

Simply life — October 27, 2012 @ 10:00 am

these look SO good!

Erin@LawStudentsWife — October 27, 2012 @ 10:03 am

YUM! These look way to rich to be light–what a wonderful deception. Mexican is one of our go-tos, and I absolutely love enchiladas. Looks d-lish!

shannon — October 27, 2012 @ 11:10 am

i want these in my mouth, man oh man.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 27, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

I never make enchiladas. I need to make a vegetarian version. Perfect hearty fall and winter food!

Theresa — October 27, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

for those that don’t want to do all that chopping of the peppers and chiles, etc, i use this sauce recipe and kick it up with jalapeno juice and cayenne… it’s also amazing:

Mary-Where's the Zoom — October 27, 2012 @ 3:32 pm

Are you posting on Saturdays now?! My weekend just got a whole lot yummier!

Anna @ hiddenponies — October 27, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

Except for those hearty-looking wraps these don’t LOOK healthy – perfect for how I like my “health food” :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — October 28, 2012 @ 8:54 am

Ohh, they looks good! I love that your lightening things up a bit!!!

Susan — October 28, 2012 @ 10:07 am

WOW! These look so-o-o good!

Magda — October 28, 2012 @ 11:29 am

They look so good! You’ve made me hungry!!!

Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen — October 28, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

I LOVE chicken enchiladas, these look fantastic!!

Rachael {SimplyFreshCooking} — October 28, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

Healthy enchiladas… yes, please!

Emily @ Life on Food — October 28, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

We have so many leftovers that need to be eaten up and now all I want is Mexican food!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — October 28, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

Perfect meal to eat and keep warm during this “hurricane” that’s hitting us tomorrow supposedly. Yum!

Rachel P — October 28, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

1) Umm, these look amazing and I LOVE enchiladas… totes going to try this one!

2) I have a superserious question for you – I have a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond and I want to buy myself ONE piece of Le Creuset (since I literally have not a single piece of cookware that can go from stovetop to oven – ugh) – what do you suggest as the most all around useful? I totally trust your opinion!

3) K I just also want to add that I’m weirdly jealous of all your Giant Eagle store brand ingredients in your picture because my boyfriend and I moved to Oklahoma from Pennsylvania this year and we miss the north so much :)

Ana — October 29, 2012 @ 12:01 am

They look so delicious! I love enchiladas (actually, any Mexican food), so if they’re lighter on the calories, it’s even better!

Danielle Young — October 29, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

Can I just say that I love your blog!! When I was a culinary teacher we made many of your wonderful recipes!! And these enchiladas look great. Since I live in the Southwest enchiladas are considered a staple and it is nice to see another version. Love your pictures too, think I drooled a little!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — October 29, 2012 @ 7:43 pm

I want these now. Why must you make the burgers I have for dinner look unappealing?>

Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut — October 29, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

Why do you do this to me? I’m holed up due to Hurricane Sandy and now all I can think about are these enchiladas…

Amanda — October 30, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I made these the day the blogpost hit my email and I never do that! They were delish and a hit, thank you mam!

michelle — October 31, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

I made these for dinner last night and they were sooo good! My picky husband ate every bite and I ended up eating a second portion at 11 p.m. I had no chipotles so I used chipotle powder and a jalapeno. Great recipe.

Kim — November 1, 2012 @ 6:25 am

I make a chicken enchilada that is one of my husband’s favorite meals and it’s really simple. Chicken, taco seasoning, lime juice and cilantro. Combine that in some tortillas with sauteed onion and some spinach (I put spinach on everything!) roll it up and cover with a green salsa verde (Herdez makes one where I can pronounce every ingredient on the list! which isn’t a good rule to go by for a scientist but I digress) and I don’t use a lot of cheese on the top…delicious

Brittani — November 2, 2012 @ 8:55 am

I made these last night and they were sooo dang good! That sauce is fantastic. I also plan on making your peanut butter fudge cake tonight for my husband’s birthday. I’m just showing him “how sweet eats”. :)

1. Pingback: Not so south of the border « Cate's Kitchen Adventures