I know it’s the holiday season and you should reserve most eating space for cookies, but I have to make an argument for this bread.

Cheddar Tailgating Bread I howsweeteats.com

It seems simple enough. Who would have thought that bread covered in butter and cheese would be so addicting?

Besides me.

It’s like garlic bread on speed or something. Ridiculously easy and fast.

Cheddar Tailgating Bread I howsweeteats.com

And! I’m even thinking that you could swap out these flavors for an array of other ones. Bacon? Obviously. But lots of others too. Can we get some sort of thai coconutty peanut flavor going on?

Cheddar Tailgating Bread I howsweeteats.com

You can find the recipe on the Tasty Kitchen Blog. I’m thinking about making this a Sunday requirement… consider it.

42 Responses to “Cheddar Tailgating Bread.”

Emily @ Life on Food — December 2, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

I would make a cookie exception for some of this…loving the cheesy goodness!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — December 2, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Get.in.my.mouth. Sometimes I hate sharing. This looks like one of those times.

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 2, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

Okay. I think I’ve fouund my new breakfast/lunch/dinner for, like, ever.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 2, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

I’m not tailigating but that sure looks fabulous!

Kacy — December 2, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

I would honestly rather have that than cookies anytime. Bread and cheese is my bread and butter. Wait a minute…

A farmer in the dell — December 2, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Cookies are overrated . I’d take this bread any day! Yum

Sarah — December 2, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

Now come on. Or are we still on the feasting side of christmas? Yes, we are, never mind! Carry on!

Cathy @ Noble Pig — December 2, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

Holy…

Julia {The Roasted Root} — December 2, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

What a beautiful sight – a huge loaf of bread with melty cheese all up in it! This looks wonderful and yes, perfect for enjoying with friends while watching the game :)

Stephanie — December 2, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

what a fun idea! i mean, making more room for more cheese by criss crossing the bread like that is clearly genius. why can’t i think of these things? *sigh* #thisiswhyIneedtobuyyourcookbook ;)

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork — December 2, 2012 @ 8:58 pm

I’d rather have cheese over a cookie any day! This looks so amazing!!

Julia — December 2, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

That bread looks like the best bread ever. You can’t beat all of that cheese! I see some tailgate food in my future.

Ross @ TheFaceBaby — December 2, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

Cassie’s super-duper cute 89-year-old neighbor makes bread very similar to this. We call it Vera bread because, well, Vera makes it. So good.

Tieghan — December 3, 2012 @ 12:54 am

Your pictures are amazing! This looks so yummy! I ay just have to make it for Christmas! Can NEVER have enough cheese!

Live a Sweet Life — December 3, 2012 @ 1:40 am

This bread is very much looking better than any cookie right now. It has cheese and butter all over it. OMG the cheese!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 3, 2012 @ 7:26 am

Oh my! I saw this on tasty kitchen! I never seen such a gorgeous piece of bread!!

tania@mykitchenstories.com.au — December 3, 2012 @ 7:43 am

Oh nice. Everyone needs something savoury about now anyway

Kim in MD — December 3, 2012 @ 8:56 am

I saw this on Tasty Kitchen and I have been thinking about it ever since. This would be perfect football game day grub!

Kat — December 3, 2012 @ 9:27 am

i’m 90% sure that i just drooled all over my keyboard. (50% of the time it works every time……love that movie)

shannon — December 3, 2012 @ 10:39 am

as if carbs didn’t make me happy enough.
    then you went ahead and posted this.

HEAVEN. that’s where i am.

little kitchie — December 3, 2012 @ 11:32 am

My husband looked at this photo and demanded that I make it immediately. Trying it out tonight!

HeatherChristo — December 3, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

O.M.G.

Rebecca {Foodie with Family} — December 3, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

MWAH! I’m so glad you like it so much! I think we should have a Cheddar Tailgating Bread party and see how many versions we can come up with. ♥

Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) — December 3, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Oh my sweet, sweet heavens. How do I get this delivered to my office? I can taste all that cheesy goodness already!

Smitten Foodie — December 3, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

Oh my gracious, this looks fabulous!! Will definitely be making this over the holidays. Thanks for sharing:)
    Take care
    Connie

Ian Dixon — December 3, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

I’d do a bread split that was then spread with some tomato paste or left-over bolognese sauce. Top with mushrooms, green pepper, onions and cheese then melt the cheese under the grill until it is nice and bubbly.
    My kids love this approach

Darcie — December 3, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

Oh my gosh, Jessica. This must be what Heaven looks like!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — December 3, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

This is unbelievably gorgeous!

Elizabeth @Food Ramblings — December 3, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

you win the argument! all that cheese is almost better than a sugary cookie :)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — December 3, 2012 @ 9:08 pm

……….what.

Holy crap.

Michelle — December 3, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

So I am wondering…if I wanna make this to bring to a party…what’s the best way? Can I make ahead ands try to keep warm/reheat? Or, do I try to assemble T the party and cook there? Any ideas….?

sherrie — December 4, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

My husband loves when I make this.I add chopped jalapenos to my cheese mix.

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — December 5, 2012 @ 11:13 am

I could eat this every single day of my life. So amazing!

Kevin (Closet Cooking) — December 7, 2012 @ 11:04 am

That looks so good!

sabatino - hotcupoflove.com — December 9, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

This makes me want to love myself.

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — December 11, 2012 @ 3:18 am

Seriously? I am in heaven. Cheese + Bread is the only thing that comes close to dessert for me. And yes I agree BACON is a must addition to this bread!

1. Pingback: Frugal Tuesdays: Cheap Holiday Appetizers | carpe season

2. Pingback: Leanne Herrera's Intergalactic Kitchen Show! - Fourth-Wall Friday No.2

3. Pingback: Cheddar Taligating Bread. « Bhavesh's space