1. The lack of new and unique cookie recipes in my life is disturbing. I might only be bringing you Christmas cake and Christmas ice cream this year.

2. Please, please, puhhhlease tell me you’ve seen this Pier 1 commercial where the little snowman girl giggles and says her foot is “smooshed” inside a cupcake. Oh my gosh. I die every time it’s on. I’ve DVRed it. It’s so cute I just want to eat it. Best marketing ever. Also: I still need a life.

3. If someone could make this pretty pink drink appear in front of me, say… like 10 minutes ago, I would be ever so gracious.

4. Daylight Savings time is killing me. KILLING.ME. It’s dark by like 4:15. Actually today, it started getting dark around 2:23. This does not bode well for my motivation and my very fluffy and pillow laden couch. And my DVR. Oh, and I guess… my job.

5. I’ve got a huge girl crush on hungry girl por vida. Her photos? Her styling? In the least creepiest way possible, I’d like to be her. Yes… I know how that sounds.

6. Alright. Do you really want to know how many times I’ve watched the Girls season 2 trailer? I’m way too embarrassed to tell you. But I can’t stop. How annoying is it going to be when we talk about it every single week come January?! Ugh. Can’t wait.

7. Since I have terrible taste, one of my all-time favorite scenes in a movie is in Forgetting Sarah Marshall when Paul Rudd tells Jason Segel to “do less” for like five straight minutes. I often respond to questions with simply… “do less.” If you share my immature and odd sentiments, then this is the most perfect article ever. Especially if you like to write.

8. For a giggle: the monologue of a Stabucks white chocolate peppermint mocha. Dying.

9. I am very boring this week. If I was being honest each of my points would include things about all my current TV shows and how they are definitely real life (they are!), but um, that is embarrassing.

54 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

bridget {bake at 350} — December 4, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

The monologue!!! Now I think I need to go out and buy one! :)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — December 4, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

I am all about Moscow Mules. AND pink drinks. Want.

“Writers who decide they want to BE A WRITER forget that, because they’re so concerned with “sounding like a writer” that they become more concerned with sounding smart than they do with communicating what they’re trying to say.” — THANK YOU. Also, can we talk about how I just love Paul Rudd AND Jason Segel. Roll those two up into one guy and you have my ideal man!

Carly @ Snack Therapy — December 4, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

I have been playing that video for everyone since i first saw it a few weeks ago. I thought I was the only one who found it freaking adorable. I’m glad I’m not alone in this.

Rachel — December 4, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

Have you ever had prickly pear pink lemonade? I had some this past weekend and I wanted to crawl into my cup. Delicious.

I also love “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and have no shame.

… And I also hate that it gets dark so early.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — December 4, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

I’m 99% sure the voice in that adorable commercial is Lil from Rugrats

• Sachi — December 8th, 2012 @ 1:47 am

It definitely is! I guess Rugrats has been off the air so long now the voice actress can recycle Lil’s voice.

Amy @Macncheesenpeas — December 4, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

ok, i just watched the girls trailer (x2) at work and died laughing. Omg I love Lena Dunham. Genius!

Gaby — December 4, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Oh, Christmas baking! I’ve been abroad this semester and I cannot wait to come back to the States and start making cookies! I made your peanut butter blossoms last year and they were a big hit. On the list for Christmas 2012, for sure!

Maria — December 4, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

I love that you mentioned Forgetting Sarah Marshall today because all day long I’ve been singing, “Oh the weather outside is weather.” Haha!

Kristina — December 4, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

daylight. *sigh*

as much as I LOVE this time of year, I do not like that it is dark by 4. and still dark until like, 6 am. I miss my sun until 9pm West Coast summers…

Christmas Ice Cream will make up for it…

cindy — December 4, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

IThat Pier1 commercial gets me every time! and I don’t ever even go there! I am pretty much sure the voice is the same as Lil from Rugrats.

I wanna give you a hug and then make cookies….thanks for the crazy amount of love!

• Jenna @ Sensationallyseasonal.com — December 4th, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

I love the Pier 1 commercial! I am glad someone else has come to the conclusion that it is Lil from Rugrats!!!! That commercial is awesome!

Natalie @ will jog for food — December 4, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

I can’t wait for Girls to come back on…. and Shameless! Those are two of my faves :)

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — December 4, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

I CAN’T WAIT FOR GIRLS!!!!!!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 4, 2012 @ 6:11 pm

You’re never boring – especially when you pot a big huge picture of chocolate cupcakes!! And hungrygirl’s food styling and photos make me weak in the knees, too!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 4, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

Bah! I hate how dark it is all the time. It makes me lazy. Or maybe it’s the cookies, but I blame the darkness!

Ellen — December 4, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

Please share the recipe for those cupcakes!

Jo — December 4, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

That commercial is adorable – but that is a penguin!! Lol

• Jessica — December 4th, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

hahaha shit… you’re right.

Stephanie — December 4, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

I’m currently blaming day light saving time for my need to have my evening cocktail at 4:45 pm, go to bed at 8:30 and not wake until almost 9 am. I “work” from home so I guess its ok. I am beyond excited about “Girls” coming back. I was late to the game since we don’t have cable. I mourned them after I watched the entire season in 24 hours. I spent the following week complaining about how there was never anything on. This caused a lot of confusion at my house since I followed it up with watching all 86 episodes of Felicity…men understand nothing.

• Jessica — December 4th, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

um, have you stolen my life? this is like… totally me.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — December 4, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

Hungry girls blog is awesome. Her photos are always awesome!

Jessica — December 4, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

I looove that scene. I also am forever quoting the part when Jason Segal is drinking alone and says “I’m Samaahhhntha! I have sex with evverybody!” Every time I drink a martini. Every. Time.

Shelby — December 4, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

daylight savings is killing me this year, too! what is it? I’m STARVING at 5pm and ready for bed by 7:30. old. lady.

Brandi — December 4, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

That Pier 1 commercial is too funny!!

Also, not to sound like a total brat but daylight savings time actually ended when we fell back an hour. We are now in standard time. But I totally get it, the getting dark early SUCKS!

Brooke — December 4, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

I read your blog every day, but especially on Tuesdays. You make me laugh on the toughest day of the week. Thanks.

Steph — December 4, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

I love that Pier 1 commercial! I need to share with my sister.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 4, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

I hadn’t seen the pier 1 commercial til just now and I’m dying…so hilarious! Wes watched it with me and cracked up haha!

Amanda — December 4, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

What is the name of that song playing in the Girls’ trailer?!

Sarah — December 4, 2012 @ 7:50 pm

Holidays are practically FOR TV. Bring on the christmas cake and ice-cream, please.

Paola @gnom-gnom — December 4, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

OMG I just watched the trailer of Girls 4 times in a row! It is just too good. And I hear ya on Christmas cookies, but I just baked a batch of speculaas (a Dutch sort of ginger cookie) and I HIGHLY suggest it. Plus, they look ultra pretty with a mold!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — December 4, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

I freaked out when I first saw the Girls trailer. This season looks so good!!!

Marie — December 4, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

Mmm! I couldn’t concentrate on anything past the picture of your cupcakes. Which recipe is that!?

Jenna @ Sensationallyseasonal.com — December 4, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

Um, Christmas and cake and Christmas and ice cream sounds like my version of heaven. If you put them together (hello, Christmas and cake and icecream!!!!!) and add some delightful tv into the mix and a couch with fluffy comfy pillows….well, I might have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. Can’t wait for your cake and ice cream recipes. Made your cheese tailgate bread and oh. My. GOD.

Katie — December 5, 2012 @ 12:21 am

I need to watch Girls. I need to cancel my life one day and just watch it ALLLL in one shot. I just had to run that by you. You don’t even need to respond…I know your answer.

Kristen — December 5, 2012 @ 7:44 am

Yes! It feels like it’s getting dark WAY earlier than normal! I mean, with daylight savings in past years…

Also, what is the recipe for those DELICIOUS looking cupcakes? :D

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — December 5, 2012 @ 10:11 am

yum… peppermint mocha. the monologue is hilarious!

Shani — December 5, 2012 @ 10:21 am

My daughter, she’s almost 12 and a cupcake devotee, imitate the penguin from the Pier 1 commercial all the time ! We look for reasons to say “smooshed” just like she does ! They had an earlier commercial with a French-accented foot stool that said a gruff, “ahllo” that was awesome too.

I Paul Rudd in that movie is my favorite character in the whole thing. I love his longer hair and visor and the “do less” scene is so genius!! It is so funny, and I love that he never remembers meeting Jason Segel. They needed more of him in that movie and I bet any of his bloopers are a riot !

Lindsey Nicole — December 5, 2012 @ 10:41 am

My BF and I often speak to each other in quotes from movies. Particularly the “do less” and “No, now you’re not doing anything. You’re just laying there. You have to do something” bits from FSM. That is probably one of my favorite comedies in recent years and I’m heartbroken that the BluRay copy I bought WILL NOT PLAY. Have I exchanged it? Nope. Still sitting in front of my TV looking super sad with its ripped packaging, waiting to be swapped out for a usable copy.

Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream — December 5, 2012 @ 10:42 am

I count on you for my morning laugh; thanks for delivering yet again! Oh, and I am so following that hungry girl pro vida too! Thanks for the link!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — December 5, 2012 @ 11:22 am

I can’t wait for Girls and its all your fault! You should probably start another page on the blog where we all get to talk about it and figure out how Marnie looks So. Perfect. All the time.

Jamee — December 5, 2012 @ 11:42 am

I feel like we could be best friends. My mom, sister, and sister-in-law are getting together on Saturday to bake Christmas Cookies. The classics… ya know. I can’t wait for Girls to start and I heart Starbuck’s White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha’s.

Kristen M. — December 5, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

The Pier 1 commercial always makes me giggle. I cannot wait for Girls to come back!

Hannah Jayne — December 5, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

The only great thing about daylight savings is that I can blame everything on it. Like the fact that I woke up an hour ago and am now wrapped in my blankie on the couch contemplating a nap. And I looove the Pier 1 commercials! I die for the cupcake one, but I’m also a total sucker for the “nutcracker wearing a treeeee.” I’ve been belting it out repeatedly while making Almond Joy cookies – new recipe of the season!!

Rachel — December 5, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

OMG! the Pier 1 commercial is super cute!!
    Nothing is lame about the things that make you smile!!!

Erika Wilson — December 5, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

Cindy at Hungry Girl Por Vida is a lovely lady. She was my sons’ pre-K teacher and made the most beautiful s’mores cupcakes for their pre-K graduation.

Ang — December 5, 2012 @ 4:32 pm

I totally feel all your points! I recently realized that most of my life is dictated by what is on TV at any given time. I’m in a Sunday night stupor because Boardwalk is over, the Walking Dead is over, and Girls is ever so far away!!!

Katie — December 5, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

GIRLS! I hadn’t seen that until right now, and I watched it twice- LOVE. Can’t wait! I think I need to rewatch season 1 twice before 2 starts.. Thanks

Megan — December 5, 2012 @ 9:04 pm

It’s comforting to know that I can DVR that commercial with no shame. Totally puts me in my happy place. #2 I’m not a fan of boardwalk empire and all I can think about is when Girls comes back. LOVE IT.

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — December 6, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Is it weird that you have a crazy obsession with an invisible internet friend whose photos you adore, whose writing makes you die, and who you consider an overall role model in the blogger world? Nah…b/c that’s exactly how I feel about you! Ugh…that just sounds so creepy! Sorry for that… :/

• Jessica — December 6th, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

i love you. thank you.

Emily — December 6, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

GIRLS 2. I can not WAIT! My favorite part is clearly when she is doing the exercise video via her laptop. Perfection.

Gaby — December 7, 2012 @ 8:34 am

Meh, I think new and unique as far as cookies go might be overrated. The classics are classics for a reason!
    Have you ever done an eggnog based cookie? That could be something!
    Thanks for such a great blog! I read it basically every single day (and spend too much time catching up when I’ve been away from the Internet for a few days). I’ve been abroad this semester, and I can’t wait to go home and try some of the delicious things you’ve posted here!

Larry — December 17, 2012 @ 8:49 pm

That commercial IS SO FUNNY! I totally giggle like a Japanese school girl when it comes on. “My foot is smoooooshed in a cupcake! TEEHEE!!”
    I die.