A salad on a Saturday.

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

But it has fried avocado.

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

And bacon.

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

And honey lime vinaigrette.

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

And a spicy ranch ranch drizzle!

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

I could get used to this.

Crispy Avocado BLT Salad I howsweeteats.com

You can find the recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog. Yes, it’s as good as it looks.

48 Responses to “Crispy Avocado BLT Salad.”

kim@hungryhealthygirl — February 16, 2013 @ 9:31 am

That salad will be in my mouth this weekend!!!! Fried avocado and bacon….heaven on earth!!

Katherines Corner — February 16, 2013 @ 9:59 am

oh my goodness, I would surely have seconds of this delish salad. Hugs P.S. I invite share this with my readers you can still add it to the Thursday hop

sofia — February 16, 2013 @ 10:18 am

…FRIED avocado? be still, my heart. I have to try this ASAP. thanks for sharing, it looks dangerously good.

Tara @ Smells Like Home — February 16, 2013 @ 10:18 am

ummm…good thing I’m working on my menu for next week right now because I NEED this salad in my life. Fried avocado? Bacon? Ranch? dude sign me up.

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — February 16, 2013 @ 10:26 am

Um… yum. This looks awesome.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 16, 2013 @ 10:44 am

Crispy avocado? Now that is something I’ve never tried! I bet the texture is totally amazing – crispy outside, creamy inside. You’re a clever one!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — February 16, 2013 @ 10:44 am

ok, this is everything I want and more on this rainy gross Saturday Jess. :) FRIED AVOCADO! Omg my tastebuds are dancing! :)

Melissa Ortiz — February 16, 2013 @ 11:03 am

So 3 weeks ago I stumbled upon your website and I truly fell in love!!! I challenged myself and said going forward I am going to make everything you make, no matter what. I started with Asiago shrimp soup and I’m up to blood orange Sangria. I was out of town last week, so I got behind. A few of my co-workers are now hooked on your site too. I’ll get messages from them saying make sure you bring those peppermint patties. ( BTW those were the best things EVER! Made them 2x already. But OMG I can not wait to make this salad!!! Thanks for all the inspiration and motivation!

Whitney @ The Newlywed Chefs — February 16, 2013 @ 11:19 am

You have just taken avocado to a whole new level! Crispy! Amazing! Man, this salad looks awesome. We need to try this one soon!

Moni Meals — February 16, 2013 @ 11:24 am

If this tastes as good as it LOOKS I am really excited. This would be a great meal to entertain with too. Thanks Jessica!

Have a great weekend. :)

LisaG — February 16, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Uhm yes this brings BLT to another realm ! Im having this.

Holiday Baker Man — February 16, 2013 @ 11:45 am

mmmmm…. bacon1

Stephanie — February 16, 2013 @ 11:56 am

Gah! I discovered fried avocado last year and my life has been better for it :) http://www.fortheyum.com/2012/05/avocado-fries.html Soooo good with sriracha or a bit of lime!!! I’ve never thought about on a salad though… This might quell my guilt about the frying!

Meg - De quelle planète es-tu? — February 16, 2013 @ 11:58 am

This looks too good to be true.

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — February 16, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

That salad has some SERIOUS sex appeal.

Dang, Jessica…you’ve done it again.

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat — February 16, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

I have never seen a salad that I wanted more!!

Lindsey — February 16, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

This is truly my kind of salad! I can’t even imagine how delicious it must be! I’m amazed that your recipes ALWAYS look great. No hit or miss here! Thanks for sharing :)

Rebecca — February 16, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

So I’m sort of having a problem with how you keep making me want avocado, when I’m out of them. Stop, would you? But please don’t.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 16, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

honey lime vinaigrette + spicy ranch drizzle = I want that on everything.

love the cheery yellow napkin in the photo. Such spring-like happy colors!

Amelia — February 16, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

Say whaaaaaat???! Fried avocado? I think I love you. :)

Eileen — February 16, 2013 @ 7:35 pm

A BLT in salad form? SIgn me up!! :)

Shanna@ pineapple and coconut — February 16, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

Ohhhhhh my kind of salad!!! And I just so happen to have all the ingredients on hand and was trying to think of what to make for dinner. So, now I know – thank you!!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — February 17, 2013 @ 10:44 am

Normally I am not a craver of salads, but this is an exception.

charissa — February 17, 2013 @ 11:37 am

in total awe of you!!!

Potatoes and Pilates — February 17, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

Fried avocado? Mind BLOWN!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — February 17, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

OMG, the crispy avocado totally got me! WANT!

Alicia Greenrabbit — February 17, 2013 @ 2:46 pm

Whoa! These are probably as good as fried Twinkies!
    Holey cow is there no stopping you with the avocados???
    What’s next ,candied avocado? Ha,ha,ha,ha!
    Keep them coming, i love what you do!

Natalie (@fashionatalie) — February 17, 2013 @ 3:02 pm

This looks SO AMAZING!!!! I LOVE avocado and can’t wait to try this. Seriously!

Emily @ Life on Food — February 17, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

I am on a complete avocado kick. I cannot get enough of them. Now if only the ones I just bought would ripen quicker. I will be making this salad soon.

Chelsea — February 17, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

It’s like you peered into my soul. All my favorites in one bowl. I can’t wait to make this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrazzi — February 17, 2013 @ 8:14 pm

do you ever take a bad picture? you’re awesome jessica!

Shari Kelley — February 17, 2013 @ 10:03 pm

I thought there wasn’t anything better than avocado used in guacamole. Evidently I was wrong. Wow! This looks amazing.

a farmer in the dell — February 18, 2013 @ 1:12 am

your fried an avocado? you are my hero. My salads will never be the same again!

Ross @ TheFaceBaby — February 18, 2013 @ 2:57 am

There you go again with those beautiful messes. Salty, peppery avocado crummies ALL OVER THE PLACE and I don’t even want to punch anyone in the face.

Are you my therapist?

Kim in MD — February 18, 2013 @ 8:25 am

At first glance I thought that was fried chicken. Fried avocado? That’s genius! I’m off to print the recipe!

angela@spinachtiger — February 18, 2013 @ 10:23 am

We fry it up here in the South, but you’ve managed to make this look, fresh, beautiful and healthy. Lovely idea. Great pics.

kat — February 18, 2013 @ 11:01 am

now THAT’s a salad ;)

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — February 18, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

bookmarking to make soon!!!

Lori Leinart — February 19, 2013 @ 11:33 am

I was hoping for some follow-up feedback from anyone who tried the recipe…how was it? Also wondering if anyone can advise on how far in advance these avocados can be fried before composing the salad (how long till they get soggy) ? This looks AMAZING, can’t wait to try it!

• Jackie W — February 25th, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

It was AMAZING! Best salad I’ve ever had. Frying the avocado was also easier than I anticipated. We fried the avocados and put them on the salad immediately, but we had some excess fried avocado (we used an extra avocado) we snacked on after the fact. They were perfectly fine/crisp 20-30 minutes later but weren’t as warm. I would suggest frying the same day to get that crisp texture. It is sublime.

Larry — February 19, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

HOW THE EFF DID I NOT SEE THIS UNTIL TODAY?!
    *i die*

Colette — February 19, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

Ok, that looks CRAZY good!

Tiffany — February 22, 2013 @ 11:01 am

This is my first time reading your blog and I LOVE LOVE it!!! I am so excited to try frying one of my all time favorites, avocado! Who would have thought?!! Thanks so much!!!

Megan — February 25, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

Oh jeez. This look so good!

Jen — February 25, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

I just made this salad, and it was sublime. Absolutely AMAZING. Thank goodness I bought 2 avocados over the weekend, because I definitely need to have this again soon! By the way, this is the first recipe of yours that I have tried, and I’m excited to try more. Thanks for the best salad recipe I have ever tried :)

1. Pingback: monday moment (fifty). : two after twenty

2. Pingback: Sunday | De quelle planète es-tu?

3. Pingback: Friday Recipe: Crispy Avocado, Bacon &Tomato Salad from howsweeteats.com | accordingtocarey.com