These fat straws and pastel sprinkles from Target. They are out for Easter and you can find them where they have the seasonal/holiday baking and party goods. Uhhh… freaking love them. I actually bought out all of the straws (good photo props!) and sprinkles at my local Target a few weeks ago. I hope they restocked.

This should be an obvious given, but my 80s glam sharpies. &^%&#%*Q$*!!!

Banshee & The Walking Dead. Let me preface this by saying that I am not into vampire and zombie stuff at ALL. Like I cannot stress that enough. However, a few years back when The Walking Dead began my husband watched it and got me hooked. Yes, I have a legit heart attack for most of the episode but still watch it. Oh and I can’t watch it before bed. Or alone. We’ve also been watching Banshee which is on at the weird-ass time of Friday night. It would be inconvenient if I had a life, but I don’t soooo… yeah. It’s on Cinemax and definitely s bit skinamax-y, but otherwise I’m sort of into it? Regardless, Nashville is still my #1 love at the moment and thank goodness it came back on last night. Couldn’t take it.

Speaking of Nashville, I’m pretty certain it is what has me on the only-listening-to-country-music train right now. I can’t get enough which is so, so weird. At the moment, I am loving everything by Lee Brice. Majorly crushing.

This humboldt fog cheese. Good grief. That has replaced all cheeses as my absolute favorite cheese. It is a chevre and ugh… I just can’t even explain how delicious it is. I love it so much and have been buying some every weekend. I need to stop. For local friends, I get mine at DeLallo’s. Not sure if Whole Foods has it.

While we are talking about that cheese, another given is this salad. I know I mentioned it in a post earlier this week, but it is making me want to eat salad. I use some baby romaine and spinach and season it well, top it with grape tomatoes, humboldt fog, roasted chickpeas, Trader Joe’s honey roasted sliced almonds (these are INCREDIBLE), salmon and golden balsamic vinegar. Basically, I make a salad with the least amount of salad-like ingredients I can.

This is sort of trendy, but The Happiness Project. Before I continue, I should say that I didn’t exactly love this entire book. I read every day and this took me daaaaays to get through. I found some of it fairly boring and actually found myself dreading reading it at times, but that might have just been because large portions didn’t apply to me, like when it came to talking about children. So why is it on this list? Ha. I did love a lot of her points and tricks to keep her life happy and clutter-free – like cleaning out closets, having an empty shelf and using the one minute rule: if it takes one minute or less (like hanging up a coat), do it. So many great ideas in there.

These watches from Anthropologie. Okay, I am not a watch person. Clearly – as these watches are even set at different times. I mean I am, but I don’t need a fancy expensive watch. You know I love tacky costume jewelry and fun colorful things. I got the mint watch last summer and wore the heck out of it. Later in the fall I got the blue and love it too. I think there is a coral-y one and I want that too. I want all of the things. These are not pricey for watches whatsoever and they are super fun. I live in them. And I think that photo is blurry. Apologies.

These neon striped reebok socks. They come in a pack of six and are all crazy, assorted colors, but unfortunately I cannot find them online anywhere to provide a link. I got mine at Dick’s (sporting goods, people. sporting goods.) for what it’s worth.

While we are talking about sports wear (or something like it), I’ve been living in these Nike fleece hoodies. They are perfect if you’re going to workout outside in the cold or just be outside for a few hours. Since we are nearing Spring they will probably be on sale soon and you can often find them for 50% off. They are the best.

These BIG chocolate coconut waters. I’ve talked about Zico for years and how I never liked coconut water until I tried the chocolate. So typical. Sometimes a full bottle is a little too much (like if I come home late from yoga and want to eat dinner too. these sort of fill me up.) so I love that I can pour the amount I want from the big jugs. I can find the normal chocolate Zico at my local grocery stores and Target, but can only find these big ones at Trader Joe’s.

Snapea Crisps. Ugh, cannot get enough. Why are these so freaking good? I like these original ones a bit more than the Trader Joe’s version, but I’m not that picky. I wish I could have a lifetime supply of them. Let’s make that happen.

That’s all for now. Tell me about your life! Favorite shoes? Books? Movies? Snacks? Accessories? Music? I could use a new playlist. Yes I could.

70 Responses to “February Favorites: Food + Fun.”

Danielle — February 28, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

I was first introduced to Humboldt Fog cheese in a delicious goat cheese tart. It wasn’t until I decided to recreate it at home that I discovered what made the tart so delicious was not just goat cheese, but Humboldt Fog! My Whole Foods does carry it, so I would think they all do. Totally agree with you on this one!

Becca — February 28, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

Diiiitto on The Happiness Project, chocolate coconut water, and snapea crisps (aka crackpea crisps). I feel like the Happiness Project would have been better as a list. Not a book. The “cheese factor” is a little high sometimes in her writing.

Cassie | Bake Your Day — February 28, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

If you like Lee Brice, check out Kip Moore. I can’t get enough of him! And he was on last night’s Nashville episode…he’s pretty easy on the eyes.

• Jessica — February 28th, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

i love him too!

• Prairie Princess — March 1st, 2013 @ 10:54 am

I saw our shared girl crush, Miranda Lambert (umm i want to invite her over for cupcakes and to shoot stuff I think we would be instant BFF’s) and Dierks Bentley (I just want to hug him and then ride in his truck is that weird? No it’s fine because my hubby has a total man crush on Dierks, and once got to meet him and was like a total schoolgirl at a Justin Bieber concert, so cute) in concert last week and guess who opened for them? LEE BRICE. I liked him before but after hearing him BELT his songs live I am totally in love with him. Homeboy can SING. I mean, we knew that but sometimes it’s disappointing to see someone live and realize they may have had a *little* help in the studio. Not Lee, I was so impressed. Also, he looks, acts, talks like just a normal, every day kind of guy. My new fav.

Chels R. — February 28, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

I never used to like coconut water at all but lately I have really started enjoying it! I discovered this new VitaCoco pineapple flavored one I love! Tastes kinda like a pina colada!

Emily — February 28, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Um, I buy at LEAST 2 of those big guys every time I got to Trader Joe’s. It just so good!!!! They used to have the single size ones real cheap and stopped carrying them for some reason.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — February 28, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

Let’s talk about how our local station plays college basketball before Nashville and I ALWAYS END UP MISSING THE FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW! Can’t. Handle. It.

Jessica L. @ The Lamppost — February 28, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

If you’re (kinda) getting into country, try Jason Aldean. He’s amazing…major crush!!

• Jessica — February 28th, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

yes i like him too!

Kristina — February 28, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

GAAH ILoveThoseSnapeaCrisps.

I buy that zico for my dad, he doesn’t drink it, so I end up drinking it when I visit.

I also buy Jason hoodies a lot, like from his college or whatever, then I end up wearing them…

Holiday Baker Man — February 28, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

No sweet potato chips? Sad watch addiction here.

Valerie @ Pursuit of Sweetness — February 28, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

Woah. I need to try that chocolate coconut water! I’ve tried plain and one other flavor (mango?), and thought they were gross…hmm.

• Jessica — February 28th, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

i’m the same way – i think other flavors of coconut water are disgusting.

Stephanie — February 28, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

I am LOVING these posts!
    I also am obsessed with Nashville, last nights episode was too much for me to handle. Reyna’s (ex) husband needs to be smacked – what an @ss he’s turned into!
    Loved all of Gillian Flynn’s books (Gone Girl Author) – but, am currently reading The Fault in our Stars … a must read.

Ashley — February 28, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

LOVE this. Was just thinking about doing a similar post with all food items. I reallllly want that watch!! I used to be such a watch person. I was in love with Fossil back in high school and HAD to have a new Fossil watch every single year. Just like back packs.

Carly @ Snack Therapy — February 28, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

Those straws! Oh my lanta, those are a whole other shade of adorable! NEED.

Kristina — February 28, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

I love Lee Brice and all of the songs from Nashville, I actually download the songs right when they’re released on iTunes before the episode airs…oops!

• Jessica — February 28th, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

… i do the same.

Tasia — February 28, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

Ooooo Cheese. I wonder if Penn Mac has that, i’ll have to look tomorrow.

Also, if you love big bold costume jewelry you will LOVE Stella and Dot. Have you heard of them? I am in love with everything from there: http://www.stelladot.com/sites/anastasiaherk

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat — February 28, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

I’m obsessed with humboldt fog cheese too!! Can’t. Stop. Eating.

Liz — February 28, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

OMG I need those Sharpies, socks, and hoodie. Awesome colors.

Favorite books right now…. I’m reading a biography of the last 20 years of Winston Churchill’s life (it’s a difficult read but very good) and then Lori Foster novels (don’t judge me).

Patti Davis — February 28, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

1. Um, Humboldt Fog? My fave! And guess what? I HATE blue cheese. Ick. Humboldt does not count.

2. Running down to the Target to grab a billion of those straws. Polka dots? Are you even kidding me? I am going to use them to drink everything. Including wine. Please don’t judge.

3. The Walking Dead. My friend and I are so obsessed with it that we started an entire company around it. For realz. Our Big Zombie Tour is based on Season 1 and our guides are walkers from the show. If you come to Atlanta, you MUST come as my guest. I swear you and the hubs will love it. And then I will take you to all the cool places to eat and drink in town. Eek!

4. I would perish without your blog. I love it so much. Tuesday Things? I save it until I have finished my work and then it’s my dessert. :-)

• Sarah — March 1st, 2013 @ 1:41 am

Patti! Seriously same to #4. Tuesday things is like my reward for the day. Love that you do the same!

• Evelyn — March 1st, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

I agree with both of you! Tuesday Things rock my socks! Awesome blog, Jessica!!

Kay — February 28, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

I am obsessed with VitaCoco’s Peach Mango coconut water, but I’ve never tried the Chocolate variations. I think I NEED those hoodies you were talking about though!

Oh man, seasonal Target stuff just SUCKS ME IN SO HARD I can’t escape it. I am so pumped to go for the Easter stuff haha.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — February 28, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

I am EXACTLY the same about coconut water. Hated aaaaall of it, until I tried the chocolate flavor. So good. My normal grocery store (Safeway) sells the large chocolate jugs!

I’ve been watching Walking Dead since it started, and I’m hooked. So much tension! So much blood and gore this season too…

Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog — February 28, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Those straws are awesome! I’m glad we don’t share the same local Target because I want some too! I’m also obsessed with Nashville and Lee Brice’s new song is such a tearjerker!

Michelle — February 28, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

I’m loving your favorites posts!! I hardly ever buy cheese outside of Trader Joe’s anymore since it’s so much cheaper there, but I am definitely going to hunt down this cheese!

Music: download “Oceans” by the band Coasts. They are new and this song literally just got released on iTunes and OMGGG it’s amazing. Also loving Pink’s new song “Just Give Me a Reason” with the guy from Fun. Duets are my fave.

Jenni — February 28, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

Yay for Nashville – I got the soundtrack awhile back when it was super cheap on Amazon and listen to it all the time – Wrong Song is my favorite! Also just started Secret Keeper by Kate Morton and it is fantastic so far, think I may have found a new favorite author…

miriam dema — February 28, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

i used to think Humboldt Fog was my hand down favorite cheese until I tried their Truffle Tremor on a camping trip and Oh My Gosh!! my mind was a bit blown. It is just so good!
    I normally do not go in for truffle flavored things but if you love Humboldt Fog you should totally try Truffle Tremor.
    Whole Foods usually has both.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — February 28, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

Ooooo I’ve seen that mint Anthro watch before! I still can’t decide if I’m a watch person though. I DID get into falsies, per you. But one is still stuck to my face, but I’ve named her Phyllis and we’re basically in love.

In other words, I need friends.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 28, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

“I actually bought out all of the straws (good photo props!) and sprinkles at my local Target a few weeks ago.” — I bought out the Valentine’s sprinkles at my Target! Their pinks are the cutest blend I had seen, and for a great price. Sadly, they were gone for good and I went back 2 weeks later stalking the sprinkles and they were just…gone. Replaced w/ green for St Paddy’s Day.

Lauren — February 28, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Yes you must try their Truffle Tremor.it is devine with their great Tuscan Bread at Delallo’s but you can probably find it at Whole Foods to.

Rose — February 28, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

Love those watches.. I live in my big obnoxious (yes, overdone) Michael Kors in gold.. but I adore it. I’d looove a coral for Spring though.. off to Anthro I go.
    Also I’ve heard lots of gushing over Happiness Project, I too am a big reader, and I couldn’t stand it.. she was so pretentious and contradictory and couldn’t even really address it, the way the author of Eat, Pray, Love did, for example, which made it acceptable. I dunno, I just don’t understand why people get anything out of it… Yeah, I agree the one minute rule is a good idea, but I didn’t find it life-changing or novel? And I wan’t a fan of the empty shelf thing… so very “first world problems” if you know what I mean. Anyways, didn’t mean to rant, just nice to see someone not raaaave about it, though I do see that you did enjoy it more than me!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — February 28, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

Could totally tell what cheese that was even when I had only scrolled down about a half inch into the picture (that’s saying something). It is SO good! If you can ever find an Italian cheese called ‘La Tur’–it is equally as amazing, if not MORE so… here’s a link so you can see what it looks like:

I now totally want that watch (in blue) and I don’t even like wearing watches…

Brittani — February 28, 2013 @ 5:35 pm

While I agree with the fact that all those things need to be in my life, #1 is (sadly? maybe not.) the chocolate coconut water, emphasis on chocolate. It was the first flavor I ever tried when I saw it at TJ’s, then I was silly enough to diverge from it and get the regular. Well, that was a mistake – I even added strawberry Nesquick to it in an attempt to make it better, but that was a fail as well. Lesson learned!

Heather @ Bake, Run, Live — February 28, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

I also like the chocolate coconut water. So much so, that I have it on auto-ship (subscribe and save) from Amazon!

Sara Gelder — February 28, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

I’m All about this new (not new but I just found out about them so they are new) Band “Boyce avenue” they do acoustic covers of popular songs. Like songs I used to find annoying I love now because of them. Check out their versions of Tracy chapman “fast car” blink 182 “I miss you” and the friends theme song. The singers voice is dreamy. Did I just say dreamy? Yep. Good.

Chelsy — February 28, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

Haily Merry Macaroons…I’m obsessed! Also, kale chips…Kaia brand cheezy flavor. My new neone running socks…I’m talking bright purple, pink, green, yellow!

Lauren — February 28, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

I’ve become obsessed with Brad’s Raw Kale chips. I have no idea who Brad is…or what he’s done to his kale but dear God it’s amazing. I really like the hot and spicy one…and the garlic one is fabulous too.
    I’m not into Kale chips what-so-ever so I was shocked I liked them at all, but now I can’t get enough of them.

Heather — February 28, 2013 @ 8:53 pm

Oh my gosh, my husband got me hooked on The Walking Dead too! He makes fun of me because I tell him throughout the whole show how anxious I am! I’m a wreck while we’re watching it because it just makes me THAT nervous. And we recently moved and only have Netflix, so now we’re behind, which makes me sad.

Marlena — February 28, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

Okay so I recently discovered the GREATEST PANDORA STATION EVER KNOWN TO MAN. It’s the Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark station and it. is. perfect. Anyway. This morning I was listening and heard the song “Forever Young” by Alphaville and had to buy it immediately and listen to it all day. So that’s my music obsession du jour (literally). Other than that, have you listened to the BeeGees catalog? Disco aside, they have some pretty deep shit. Man in the Middle and You Win Again are Uh-May-Zing. I promise.

Nancy B. — February 28, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

What am I loving right now? Provolone Cheeze-Its. I had my doubts when I saw them, but they are divine. They have an unexpected smoky flavor. I always drive past DeLallo’s when i am doing work stuff, but sadly, have never had the chance to stop. And I agree with Tasia above, Stella and Dot is fabulous!

Jess — February 28, 2013 @ 11:13 pm

Love LOVE Nashville – I’ve been listening to the soundrack nonstop for weeks! And I think there must be something they’re hiding about those snappea crisps. Every time I eat them I look at the back of the bag, convinced that there must be something more than the few ingredients they claim that make them taste so freakin good.

Clemmi — March 1, 2013 @ 12:00 am

Try reading “The Happiness Advantage”! Amazing book – highly recommend.

Cookin' Canuck — March 1, 2013 @ 12:51 am

There are so many things in this post that I love. Those straws…I WILL be making a trip to Target tomorrow. Those watches…flippin’ adorable. And to top it all…Humboldt Fog, one of my all-time favorite cheeses. Yep, you hit so many nails on their little heads.

• Larry — March 1st, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

omg I totally read your name as “cooking crack” and totally cracked up! haha OH me!

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting — March 1, 2013 @ 1:22 am

I also raided my local target for the same items!

dee — March 1, 2013 @ 6:31 am

Chocolate flavoured coconut water?? mind boggling really :/ I’m writing from Sri Lanka where coconut and coconut water is soooo common.. (island life, whoohoo!)..and I would seriously think twice about it being flavoured :/ just keep drinking the real thing :) u’ll most probably get used to it? :D

love the list :)

Vicki @ WITK — March 1, 2013 @ 7:44 am

Snappea crisps are so addictive! I can’t walk by their display in Fairway without stopping! And right now I’m loving my black patent leather cork wedges. They make me so tall. Love them.

Alissa — March 1, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Love the straws! I am with you on the Happiness Project, I liked the book but it took me a long time to get through because most of it did not relate to me. The watches are super cute and really not a bad price! I am in debate about the mint or the coral, I like them both. Thank you for your monthly recaps, I really look forward to them.

Tarah — March 1, 2013 @ 9:08 am

That cheese is going on my shopping list today. I would love to face plant right into that wheel. Also, I just realized that like the 2 times I left comments on here (and I read everyday) have been in regards to cheese…

Alyssa — March 1, 2013 @ 9:27 am

Your general zeal for ALL things cracks me up :-) I wish I felt the same way about my socks :-)

Cookin' Cowgirl — March 1, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Ok, I started cracking up when you said “these watches aren’t even set at the same time!” You see, I also wear watches not for time telling, but for fashion. In face, my sister-in-law started laughing at me one time because the watch I was wearing still had that little red tabby thingy on it, the watch wasn’t even ticking yet because I hadn’t taken it out….and it was NOT my first time to wear the watch! haha I crack myself up! Glad I’m not the only one!

Amber — March 1, 2013 @ 1:16 pm

Love Nashville AND Lee Brice, too, I recently discovered that uber-hot Charles Esten (Deacon, mmmmmmm) is the same “Chip Esten” that used to do all the goofy songs with Wayne Brady on Whose Line is it Anyway? Not sure if that make him more or less hot. I do love a boy who can make me laugh….

jessica — March 1, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

i just found the large chocolate coconut water at my local health food store…grabbed one. also i’m totally addicted to snapea crisps…yum!

Larry — March 1, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

Ummmm, so yes, I don’t really listen to country (I don’t hate it, but it’s not my first choice) BUT if you like a little crossover action, you MUST have the Christina Aguilera (LOVEOBSESSEDLOVE) & Blake Shelton (swoon) song “Just A Fool” off of her Lotus album… yes. It’s perfection in a song.
    Seriously, download it. I’ll get you a pair of Loubis if you do! (maybe) ♥