1. I was in Philly last night for a hot second where I talked to the cutest bunch of girls at the University of Pennsylvania about blogging and then was greeted with this bourbon, brown sugar fig and chocolate bitters cocktail. My eyes nearly popped out of my head. !!!! I am so anxious to make my own bitters. Does that require patience and stuff?
2. This past weekend was one of my favorites because my family still indulges our 12 year old selves and we dye easter eggs for HOURS. Remember glitter eggs? Where you dyed the eggs then dumped the glitter in a shaker bag and added the egg, then shook the whole thing up like shake ‘n bake chicken? Yeah. What a fabulous mess. Those were the prettiest eggs ever. Oh and to make things even better, my mom (I mean the easter bunny) still hides the eggs we dye so we can find them. Yeah.
3. On good Friday I usually make a big batch of lobster mac and cheese… and I shared a pic about my almost overflowing pot. Well. After I got the mac and cheese into a baking dish, I filled that same large pot to the top with water then proceeded to flood my entire kitchen with seafood water. I mean, it was a lot of water. On Sunday, we could not figure out why our house smelled like fish. Uh huh… this has been fun. Not.
4. These triple coconut cinnamon rolls need to appear in my life. Because, you know, the cadbury creme eggs, cadbury mini eggs, reese’s peanut butter eggs and dove coconut eggs were not enough to send me into diabetic shock over the weekend.
5. Last week my husband and I carried on a conversation in the car for ten minutes about Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert like we knew them and were best friends. Okay, well I carried on the conversation. I’m such a loser.
6. I have a problem listening to voicemails. As in, I just don’t do it. Unless I know it’s super duper important, I let them pile up on my phone until there are about 30, even though I’m obsessive with clearing all my inboxes constantly. Email me… text me… no voicemails.
7. Speaking of clearing inboxes, last week I got the new mailbox app? Um, I hate it. It did nothing more but stressed me out. I went from having a clear inbox to all of a sudden having 500 emails? This made no sense. Am I just using it wrong? Is there some crazy secret on how to use it and improve your life ten times over?
9. Oh! And my husband totally put an urban decay eyeshadow palette in an easter basket for me on Sunday. Does he know me or does he know me?
10. Thoughts on the Walking Dead finale? I had a feeling that what happened… was going to happen. But all I really want to know is WHEN THE HECK ARE CAROL AND DARYL GOING TO HOOK UP? I’ve been waiting for, like, two years and in Jessica time that is forever. I can even get passed the fact of the rhyming names if they at least kiss. That’s obviously the most important thing during a zombie apocalypse.
11. I had a s’mores shake over the weekend. I’m going to make it for you. Just you wait.