SUMMAHTIME! Here’s what I’m loving:

Jen Lancaster’s newest book, the Tao of Martha. omg. Died laughing the entire time. Also Elin Hilderbrand’s newest, Beautiful Day. Can we just have a moment that I was reading a book set in Nantucket while in on Nantucket? A dream.

It shouldn’t surprise you, but grilling everything – especially corn. And corn in general. How many recipes have I made with corn in the last month? Like a thousand. Okay, okay… four.

My embarrassing sunglasses. Yes. Love them. Here’s a link to purchase so we can be twins.

All things Kacey Musgraves. AND All things Eric Church. His performance last week was like the best thing I’ve ever seen.

The olloclip lens for my iPhone. I was inspired to get one after seeing all of Amy’s pictures and figured my husband and I could share. I use the term “share” loosely. He has fallen in love with it and I’ve barely seen it.

These neon flip flops from the Gap that I bought on whim a few weeks ago when I was in NYC for like five minutes. Because I’m brilliant and wore five inch wedges to walk around.  Not only do they enable my neon obsession, they are actually comfortable.

Summer beverages of choice: hell or high watermelon beer and a classic standby of fruit punch and malibu rum… but with organic kiddo punch. I’m also still obsessed with this coconut water and want to purchase a case of the big ones from amazon. Freaking love.

Basically all dresses from Target. I can’t help myself. Dude, someone seriously has to ban me from that store. I have this one in black and blue. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Still loving my denim vests from there which really came in handy when I wanted to purchase a $250 j brand one.

Any and everything burrata. If you aren’t familiar with this incredible cheese (um, it’s cream stuffed mozzarella)… get on it.

This belt from anthropologie. It goes splendidly with Target dresses… ha. Not funny.

What else are you loving for summer?

28 Responses to “June Favorites: Food + Fun.”

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — June 30, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I’m loving my long dresses as well! I stay super cool in the summer heat. I also have been obsessed with colored shorts this year and racerback sleeveless shirts in different patterns to pair with said shorts.

Becca — June 30, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

This potato salad: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/poblano-potato-pancakes-recipe/index.html

Should go great with your corn grilling obsession :)

Marcie — June 30, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

The book recommendation sounds great, and I love that hell or high watermelon beer!

Sophie — June 30, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

I have heard so much about Target dresses!! I live really near by and have been debating going over there and seeing what I can find… no I’m convinced.

Lindsay — June 30, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

I love all your book recs! You need to hop on the goodreads train to keep track of all your reads and so we can all follow along :) So happy you just posted about the olloclip lens..good bday gift for my hubs!

Emily @ Life on Food — June 30, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

Grilled Romaine is my second favorite grilled item. Corn is the first. A dinner last week consisted of three corn cobs. And then I was done.

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — June 30, 2013 @ 8:26 pm

Waaaaah. It’s winter here in Australia, and I want our summer back! You’re makin’ jealous lady!

Molly @ Baklette — June 30, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

I am in LOVE with maxi dresses! I got some sandals from Gap a couple of months ago and they are so so comfortable! I was super surprised!
    And I just spent almost $100 at Target on clothes…I really need to be banned from there too!
    And I totally want to be sunglasses twins BUT i am broke! But I did just lose my sunglasses….hmmmm.

Christina — June 30, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

Just added “Beautiful Day” to my Kindle wish list! Thanks for the suggestion!

Tieghan — June 30, 2013 @ 11:36 pm

I am loving the heat, the berries and long summer dresses. Oh, plus corn, tomatoes and this awesome fresh Oregon Salmon! So good!
    I can not believe June is over. Crazy!

Randilea — July 1, 2013 @ 12:47 am

Agree on the burrata! I’m obsessed with it currently. Also I think your sunglasses are AWESOME. I’m super addicted to all things neon or coral right now.

danielle — July 1, 2013 @ 9:36 am

I was so annoyed by most of the characters in Beautiful Day! They just drove me completely and utterly nuts. I was disappointed because normally I enjoy her books, but this one, ugh. They were all so selfish or incredibly annoying or manipulative. It did make me want to go to the beach though.

Meredith — July 1, 2013 @ 9:51 am

I love that beer!!!!! It so refreshing in the summer!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — July 1, 2013 @ 2:10 pm

Yeah, I seriously couldn’t survive this summer heat without dresses and Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka and Fresca (so refreshing)!

allison — July 1, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

Just devoured Tao of Martha over the weekend – loved it; and can not wait to make glitter pumpkins!

I am crazy for this tomato-corn salad (it would be so so so so amazing with roasted corn!!!) http://byallison.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/my-fave-tomato-corn-salad/

my summer faves: http://byallison.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/awesome-moment-of-the-week-19/

Lisa — July 1, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

Tried to leave a comment on your July 4th roundup.
    Enjoying shishkabobs this week, caprese salad, texas caviar. And this for dessert:
    Also grilled peaches mmmm.

• Lisa — July 1st, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

Also went the see THE HEAT; hilarious love Melissa McCarthy!

Lauren — July 1, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

LOVE the book recommendations! Must-read the Tao of Martha and I love anything Elin! Just finished Silver Girl…such a great summer read.

Ashley Renee — July 1, 2013 @ 6:51 pm

I saw Kacey & Eric in Seattle a month ago on Kenny Chesney’s No Shoes Nation Tour :) They were awesome! #sametrailerdifferentpark #scruffyeric=sexyeric yes, i did just hashtag in a blog comment. showing my age…

Dana Ivy — July 1, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

I love all the things you love… seriously! Especially Target- UBSESSED.

Xo
    Dana Ivy
    http://www.iadorewhatilove.com – Check out my blog!

Cari — July 2, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

I LOVE the hell or high watermelon!

Nessa — July 2, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

Go Target!

Amy — July 2, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

I really enjoy your blog but not quite as much as I love Eric Church. I am so jealous that you got to see him.

• Jessica — July 2nd, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

he puts on the BEST show, just oozes passion – if you get a chance, you must see him!

Liselle — July 8, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

I have Beautiful Day on my stack of library books to read – now I can’t wait. You were excited to read a book about Nantucket while on Nantucket. I watched one of the Pirates of the Caribbean while on a cruise – wait for it – ON the Caribbean! Very very cool!

Julie — July 8, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

I’m reading Tao of Martha right now…loving it!

Ashley — July 11, 2013 @ 11:34 pm

SOOO glad I am not the only 30 year old to still shop in the juniors section at Target.

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things.