1. I have been LIVING ON melons with spoons the last few weeks. Like just give me a half of a cantaloupe or watermelon and a spoon and I am good to go. I can’t get enough. I don’t even need any of the yogurt/honey/toasted nuts/insert whatever you’re going to tell me is amazing on melon here. The simple, really cold fruit is just so refreshing. Me days easily go like this: cantaloupe -> avocado toast -> tomatoes, burrata, basil + balsamic -> sprinkled iced cream.

2. Uh. Bad news bears. Last week I ordered a large and in charge iced coffee from Starbucks and even though I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had ordered a large iced coffee elsewhere, one from Starbucks is giant-er and basically an illegal drug. I don’t like this me.

3. Majorly blog crushing on wit and vinegar. I need this blueberry pie sundae in my life.

4. This is so embarrassingly me: 27 signs of an obsessive list maker.

5. Last week while I was in the kitchen and determined I was bored of every playlist and pandora station known to man, I started to watch the West Wing on netflix and ummm… I’m sort of hooked.

6. In more TV news, I don’t know why but I am still loving Dexter sososo much this season. However, I feel like he or Deb may kick the bucket by the end of the series.  In movie news, I watched Spring Breakers when I was banned to the couch with sickness, or should I say, I tried to watch Spring Breakers. The entire time I was just like what… is… this. I don’t understand. What… is… happening. I am so confused. Made no sense to me. I was also like omgthisissoinappropriate! I am old.

7. Over the weekend I bought this gorgeous sparkly pinkish-purple lipgloss at Sephora and then proceeded to get in my car and put it all over my lips. Only to find out that it is EYE SHADOW. Which I guess makes sense, considering I looked like a cross between a frosty-lipped 1980s hooker and… a unicorn.

8. Let’s talk books! But – new books. Have you read any recent releases lately that you love?

9. Words cannot express how freaking excited I am to go on vacation in a few weeks. I feel like my excitement ranks up there with a ten year old’s excitement. I am going to eat all the s’mores.

85 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Amy — July 16, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

I just finished “The Devil Wears Prada” (old, duh) and am working on “Revenge Wears Prada” (new, also duh). They’re both fun and perfect for summertime easy reading!

• Dana Ivy — July 17th, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

To go off of what Amy said, I am almost done with Revenge Wears Prada and am absolutely LOVING it!! The most perfect summer, cheesy, read!

Xo
      Dana Ivy
      http://www.iadorewhatilove.com – Check out my blog!!

Alissa — July 16, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

I enjoyed Jeanette Wallls new one (she’s the author of The Glass Castle – new one is The Silver Star).

Sara — July 16, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

Hi! Not quite sure what types of books you love but here are some personal favorites: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell was adorable, very much a quick beach read. Code Name Verity is fantastic, but not what one would call a “beach read.” Still one of the best books I’ve read recently. The TIme Traveler’s Wife is not recent but slayed me. Loved it. Would you want to get sucked into the Game of Thrones vortex?! Go for it! ;) If you read The Kite Runner, the author has written a new book (See, I’m keeping one suggestion current! ha!) which I’m sure is mind bogglingly amazing. I don’t want to scare you so I’ll stop here.

Melissa — July 16, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

I’m definitely right there with you, when it comes to cantaloupe! It is so refreshing and sweet; the ideal summer treat!

Jillian D — July 16, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

I also just started watching the West Wing on Netflix. So good!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — July 16, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud at the eyeshadow/lip gloss situation! Hilarious!

Bryn — July 16, 2013 @ 10:08 pm

i saw today that Nashville comes back 9/25, woo hoo for season 2, I can’t wait!!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — July 16, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

cantaloupe -> avocado toast -> tomatoes, burrata, basil + balsamic -> sprinkled iced cream —–> sign me up plz?! ;)

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — July 16, 2013 @ 11:26 pm

Pretty much anything from Sophie Kinsella… homegirl is hilarious! :)

theresa — July 16, 2013 @ 11:26 pm

oh girl, i just finished watching west wing! so. good. burned through those on netflix over the course of a few weeks. also, dexter. deb’s hatred of her brother is breaking my heart, but i mean, what else can she do? very intrigued to see how they will wrap this series up. ps. dr vogel whatshername? super creepy.

Andrea — July 17, 2013 @ 12:26 am

RUN, do not walk to get a copy of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes – elevated chick lit, and good for a cathartic ugly-cry :)

Ashley — July 17, 2013 @ 2:16 am

I think Dexter is going to end up in jail :( but I agree…I am SO into this season…espically after that epic fail of season 6

Jessica — July 17, 2013 @ 8:03 am

i felt the same way about Spring Breakers too!! i gave it a try last weekend and was so very confused….i just stared and was like what the…??
    i recently read the first two books in the Divergent series (not new) and they were so good! The third and final book comes out in a few months though. They’re making a movie too, which just completes my obsession with it :)

Helen — July 17, 2013 @ 8:17 am

I second the recommendation of ME BEFORE YOU. Grab a box of Kleenex & laugh & cry through a really, great book. Since you have Kleenex, you should then start THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green. So good! I would also suggest WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE by Maria Semple & BEAUTIFUL RUINS by Jess Walter some of my favorites of late.

PS – I love your blog!!!

Jennifer Sikora — July 17, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I have eaten my weight in watermelon lately so I totally understand what you are saying :)

julie zimmerman — July 17, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

Just have to say, the lip gloss that was really eye shadow comment made me laugh out loud….thank you!!!!

Audrey — July 17, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

I just watched spring breakers last week and it was not what i expected. AT. ALL. We should have watched this… http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186589/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4 haha!

Abby — July 17, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

1) Totally on the same page re: melon… especially watermelon. It’s just soooo good.

2) Dexter. SO much better than last season. I’m scared for Deb and Dexter, though! I think bad things are going to happen to both.

3) Books – I just read The Silver Linings Playbook – finished it in 2 days. It’s better than the movie IMO, but I saw the movie first and just thought about Bradley Cooper the whole time i was reading. It was delightful.

Jenni — July 17, 2013 @ 3:20 pm

The list thing is SO me too, I totally cracked up!!

Finishing up Sophie Kinsella’s newest now, Wedding Night – funny, fluffy and quick, perfect for vacation :) Another new one I loved was Ladies Night by Mary Kay Andrews – it’s about a successful blogger, and really drew me in, my fave by her so far.

Melissa — July 17, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

Book to read: White Girl Problems by Babe Walker. Super fun summer read!

Alison R. — July 17, 2013 @ 7:34 pm

I just finished Chanel Bonfire by Wendy Lawless. Loved it. I’m staring Mindy Kaling’s book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me soon.

Dexter… I’m so sad it’s the last season, but I think Dexter might be the one who ends up dead. I think Dex will see it as a way to save her since he’s been saying it’s his fault she is messed up now. I’m concerned about the Vogel woman…

Alison R. — July 17, 2013 @ 7:35 pm

BTW.. watch Spring Breakdown with Amy Poehler and Parker Posey :) A little more adult thank Spring Breakers, but still funny.

Leslie Moore — July 17, 2013 @ 10:36 pm

I literally laughed out loud when I read the story about the eyeshadow! Too funny!

Michelle — July 18, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

I agree with the earlier posters regarding the book Me Before You…very enjoyable read

Megan {Country Cleaver] — July 18, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Um – Welcome to the Dark Side of the West Wing – that show rules my life. No, seriously – it is why I got a degree in political science. Practically every paper I had to write for my degree came from some sort of round the bend reference from WW and whammo here I am… I’m still not sure to this day if that is awesome or sad. But since you “have a case of the West Wings” I’m hoping (for my sanity) you say it’s awesome…

natalie @ wee eats — July 18, 2013 @ 11:05 pm

i’ve been reading dan brown’s “inferno” (the newest of the da vince code books) – i’ve never been a “huge” da vinci code fan by any means but this book really keeps me at the edge of my seat! and have you checked out ‘the bridge’ at all (back to tv now)… i’ve only caught the first two episodes but i think it has potential!

Liselle — July 19, 2013 @ 8:06 am

I just finished Elin Hilderbrand’s latest book, Beautiful Day, and loved it. Now I feel like I need to watch The West Wing! But I have all the seasons of Mad Men to watch – was supposed to be watching throughout the summer and it hasn’t happened yet. I almost need a rainy weekend for that.

Alyssa — July 19, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

I just finished “The Orpan of the Olive Tree” (it was free for Kindle a few weeks ago) and it was so good! A period romance/drama. I loved it and am currently looking for new obsession-inducing reading material.

Nessa — July 19, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

I just read the first two books in the Matched trilogy, by Allie Condie, and they were both fabulous!

Niki — July 22, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

omg – the lists. SO ME. I swear I’ve done each one! the ‘make after vacation’ list is totally me right now.