Tuesday Things.

tt-1-47

1. Lots of you sent me a link to this sprinkle grinder recently. Is it a real thing? Can we make it a real thing?

2. I put it on facebook over the weekend but I have now watched the lady antebellum + stevie nicks crossroads collaboration on CMT about four times. So, so good.

3. So wait. There is brown butter buttermilk syrup in this world? Like that exists? I’m dead.

4. There are so many 80s songs that I can no longer take seriously or listen to if they come on in the car because all I picture are the extremely uncomfortable scenes from Rock of Ages.

5. On Saturday I heard a commotion above me and after walking up the stairs, saw my husband dancing and singing blurred lines. He’s like, “OMG you have to hear this song, I just found it and it’s so good.” Uh… just a few months late.

6. He’s also recently discovered some of my face masks. It’s pretty hilarious.

7. Absolutely dying over the dumbest things ever said on twitter. This is almost as good as the autocorrects.

8. I’m not even really sure what to say about Dexter because I’m just like… how are you ending this? But still loving Boardwalk only two episodes in this season and it sort of exacerbates my awkward Steve Buscemi crush. Otherwise I’m just rewatching West Wing episodes because I’m a boring freak.

9. That froyo up there is almond milk froyo from TCBY. Almond milk froyo = even more room for toppings. Jess math.

10. I’m still in the midst of a big bootie obsession. Yes, I know how that sounds but I’m talking shoes people. I want them all.

42 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — September 17, 2013 @ 11:16 am

Fruity cereal, cherries, chocolate and sprinkles!?!? You know how to live Jessica. I am dying over that sprinkle grinder; no way is that real unless…..
    Great funny links jessica!

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — September 17, 2013 @ 11:20 am

I’ve seen that sprinkle grinder thing – it’s actually normal sprinkles inside that just come out when you turn it, and the long sprinkles on the side are just printed on a bit of paper inside :( sorry to disappoint. But, you can still use it in the same way! It just doesn’t get cut off in the same way.

Also I feel the same about Dexter – I can’t think of an ending that will be good enough for the end of such a long-running show! I hope it doesn’t end in the way Dexter’s planning, that seems so lame.

cindy — September 17, 2013 @ 11:54 am

I am WAY obsessed with these ankle boots http://www.pinterest.com/pin/28147566394893859/ …cause, well, GLITTER!

Kelly — September 17, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

bahahaha to the twin tweet! almost 9 months was a bit much, could not even imagine 18! lol

Kelly — September 17, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

5. i can totally picture him rockin out with a face mask on :)

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — September 17, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

I’m not sure if I’m really out of the loop or what but I have not caught on to this whole fro-yo phase yet. Maybe I need to get my act together and get on it!

Natalie — September 17, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

My beef with the Crossroad performance was that I don’t want to hear anyone other than Stevie Nicks sing Fleetwood Mac songs, but I do want to hear Stevie Nicks sing Lady Antebellum songs… so it was mostly enjoyable.

Jenna @ www.Sensationallyseasonal.com — September 17, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

Hahaha! I love your math! That’s also my kind of math… :-) Totally works!

Wendy @ All Kinds of Miles — September 17, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

That link with the dumbest tweets seriously had my laughing out loud! You should read this one too: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/what-happens-if-you-text-your-parents-pretending-to-be-a-dru

Sara — September 17, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

I am obsessed with booties too! so, i splurged on my first pair of Frye boots yesterday. OMG. I am in love. And my rationale is they will last forever so it is worth the sticker shock (!). Love them.

PS…I CANNOT put Husband’s Secret down. Amazing!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Angela @ Health's Angel — September 17, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

I neeeeed to try that almond milk fro-yo. There’s a TCBY in Murrysville now (where I grew up/my parents still live) so that must happen ASAP. I’ve never been much of a fro-yo person but this may be a game changer.

Diane — September 17, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

Give ‘Ray Donovan’ a looksie on Showtime. OMG Liev is wonderful eye candy in this series!

Rachel Cooks — September 17, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

big bootie obsession. lol!

Marissa@ohhhsolovely — September 17, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

heard about the almond milk froyo…will have to see if my tcby has it!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — September 17, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

Love booties! Rag & Bone “dicker” boots are one of my all-time favorites!

Manga — September 17, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

Um, just to add to your Tuesday awesomeness… Please go listen to the Justin Moore+ Miranda Lambert duet off his new album. “Old Habits”. Yum yum!

Ashley — September 17, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

ALMOND MILK FROYO whaaaaaaaat!? So relieved you have a shoe obsession and not a butt obsession, butt I’d love you either way.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 17, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

Big booties sounds so cozy and awesome. Except it’s still like 80F here. Not that that’s a bad thing :) And a sprinkle grinder – now THAT’S clever. LOL

BJ — September 17, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

Sprinkle Grinder – cute with a big C!!
    Nude Booties google image search? I needed a camel foot for mine…um, feet have toes. Don’t do it.

Jillian — September 17, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I am not giving up. You NEED to watch Newsroom on HBO. Its a must for a West Wing fan! Just saying…

Kylie @ immaeatthat — September 17, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

I’m still laughing about that comment you made awhile ago about googling “nude booties”…sooo funny hahahaha

Holiday Baker Man — September 17, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

Love the Syrup

Kayla — September 17, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

Awkward Steve Buscemi crush…same. And this weekend I told one of my girlfriends “I’m going through a big bootie phase, like that’s all I’ve been wanting lately.” Ummmm wait I didn’t mean that how it sounds.

Lindsay — September 17, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

Have you watched Scandal? I am currently bingewatching my life away trying to catch up before season 3 premiers. I know you would love it!

Nancy — September 18, 2013 @ 6:46 am

1. Love / want the sprinkle grinder
    2. Nude booties and now “Love big booties” – you’re killing me
    3. I sincerely hope I never smell anyone’s “colon”! Tweets #29 – I think I have died of laughter ~ heck, I’m still laughing!
    4. Thank you! :-)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — September 18, 2013 @ 7:27 am

Dam it1 Now you got me drooling over fruit pebbles! One of my favorites in my frozen yogurt!!!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — September 18, 2013 @ 7:48 am

Haha – your husband sounds amazing :)

If you like West Wing you should give The Newsroom (on HBO) a try – it’s made by the same people and it’s so good!

betty (the sweaty betty) — September 18, 2013 @ 8:58 am

i just put all episodes of GIRLS in my Netflix queue. I’m only 5 episodes down, but I love it. thanks for continually talking about it! haha

Lisa Lyons — September 18, 2013 @ 11:06 am

If you like WW, check out “Borgen” a Danish version of the show with a gorgeous woman playing the Prime Minister. Very well written, acted and directed, it’s on PBS. Riveting even with the subtitles!

Stephanie — September 18, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

Laughing about the Blurred Lines reference. My husband repeatedly refers to Robin Thicke as ROBERET Thicke and pronounces Pharrel like “Feral” cat. Side note, I can’t wait to try the TCBY almond milk FRO YO!

julie zimmerman — September 18, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

that twitter link was so funny!!!! It is very sad that our society seems to be that unintelligent!!!!!!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — September 18, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

The tweets are almost painful to read!
    I’ve been dying to try the new almond milk froyo!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — September 18, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

7. I’m dying too… gotta give them credit for being able to write phonetics…

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — September 18, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

Had to come back and comment about nr.18… speechless

Mary-Clay @ Cooking with the King — September 18, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

I sometimes feel like we’re the same person. Totes tried the almond milk froyo on Monday, Stevie Nicks is my absolute favorite (saw Fleetwood Mac in concert in May. Best ever.), and I love 80s music but for the same reason get all weirded out by some songs now. Also, I heart sprinkles and FRIENDS.

Rose — September 18, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

My boyfriend DIES at women saying things like big bootie obsession.. and nut butter.. and etc. (maybe I do a little too;) )
    Also, I am allergic to dairy, and my fro-yo experiences here in Canada have only been fruit/sorbet flavours (at Menchies.. don’t know if thats Cndn or US too?) that are So underwhelming.. I hope I come across the almond milk kind soon!!!
    And Stevie Nicks is my idol :) I love watching 70′s vids of her.. Such a knock out!

Jade Sheldon-Burnsed — September 18, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

Those tweets are making me love/hate life…

Bianca — September 18, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

I just want to say that I love your Tuesday Things posts. They always have such great stuff!

Heather Saffer — September 19, 2013 @ 10:30 am

I’m so freakin’ crushed that there’s no longer a TCBY around here. I can’t eat dairy so I’m dying to try this almond yogurt. Someone needs to tell me that it’s awful so I stop craving it.

Tara@PNWRunner — September 21, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

The dumbest things on twitter is hilarious. OMG! Thank you for showing this to me. I feel complete!

Molly @ Bakelette — September 23, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

5 and 6 bahahaha! Too funny! As for number 9 I find no flaws in your logic!

1. Pingback: MCI: Blue | MOONCHEEZ