Tuesday Things.

autumn I howsweeteats.com

1. Is there a place where it is eternally fall? There should be and I should live there.

2. My world just exploded: whole wheat CROISSANTS. From the only person I would trust with whole wheat croissants. Such a win.

3. This morning I turned on the TV to watch GMA (my favorite) while making breakfast and Beaches happened to be on the last station I was watching. So I basically ate a breakfast of tears.

4. I made a box of brownies at my parents’ house last Friday and seriously, they were some of the best brownies I have ever had. Why you gotta be so good, boxes?

5. Since I’m in a Halloween candy coma, does anyone else remember like 20 years ago when Twix had other flavors, such as chocolate mint and cookies and cream? That was the life.

6. Speaking of Halloween, I’m super excited because hopefully by this time next week, Jimmy Kimmel will have his annual video where the parents tell their kids that they ate all of their candy. So funnay.

7. Are you guys fans of haunted houses? They scare the crap out of me. Haven’t been to one in years but if I go, I need to be in the middle of a large group of people. This video of one of Ellen’s writers and producers going through a haunted house is SO me. It’s hilarious.

8. TV schtuff. SO Homeland, you’re getting so good. My heart was in pieces for Saul, it was pumping for Quinn (omg) and can we talk about Dana? Apparently there is all this hate for Dana and she actually doesn’t bother me that much. I mean I think her mannerisms are hilarious and the SNL skit was to die for last year, but otherwise, I don’t mind her. I think the actress is gor.geous. Though I do have to say that one of her scenes on Sunday might have beat out James Van der Beek for the ugliest cry ever. Also, I just gotta say that I am LOVING Avery on Nashville now, love his chemistry with Juliette – so glad they kept him around. I definitely cried at the end last week with my BBF Connie Britton singing. WHY DOES THIS SHOW DO THIS TO ME.

9. This list killed me: the 50 most 90s things to ever happen. And if you want a good giggle: 32 people who are having a worse day that you. I laughed at some of those like I do with autocorrects.

10. Five years later and we still argue over who loads the dishwasher the best way. I apparently do it wrong. But guess what! So does he.

44 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Mila — October 29, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

haha you crack me up. Is it time for beauty favorites yet? counting down the days.

• Jessica — October 29th, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

tomorrow! :)

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — October 29, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

Haha, love these posts!

Those Jimmy Kimmel videos are the best! Kinda mean for the poor kids, but so funny for the rest of us :)

Katriel — October 29, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

I cried at the end of Nashville last week also. So sweet when everyone sang with her!

chelcie @ chelcie's food files — October 29, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

haha dying at the homeland comments..that cry was SO ugly!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun — October 29, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Haha love the 90′s link! So true!

Mary — October 29, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

Yes! The different twix bars!!! No one ever knows what im talking about!!! The cookies and cream type was SO good

jasi — October 29, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

#3 understand completely- i steel magnolia-ed in my cereal last week. the captain (crunch not morgan- different kinda breakfast) was salty that day

#4 only thing i cannot perfectly replicate from scratch without processed box goodness. only brownies to blow my mind otherwise are emeril’s chipotle brownies (sans chipotle- i know)

#5 legit, need to lock down my halloween candy. holiday gatherings coming up. don’t need grandma buying me a gym pass this year, thanks. (yeah, she did. that was xmas ’11)

thanks for sharing your autumn with me.

Mia — October 29, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

Aww! TLC! And JTT! And those overalls! (I definitely had the same ones Beyonce was wearing – and my mom definitely just called me within the last 3 weeks to ask if she could donate them Goodwill. “Umm…sure, Mom…if you think they’ll take them.”)

Kim @ AdventuresInANew(ish)CIty — October 29, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I’m SO glad Homeland is finally getting back into its groove. I was uber skeptical when it seemed to be taking 8 years to get a Brody sighting, ammiright?

Also, I’m obsessed with Dana. What a ridonculously good little actress.

Emily — October 29, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

OMG! The haunted house segment on Ellen seriously had me laughing so hard, my eyes started to water. That would be me, hiding behind someone else, and saying “stop it. stop it now.”

Molly | Yes to Yolks — October 29, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

I ALSO cried at the end of Nashville! That scene was amazing!!!!

Jenni — October 29, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

Oh my god Kenan Thompson with kids in Pokemon shirts, oh my god NSYNC’s tank tops (Lisa Frank?), oh my god everything from the 90s. Dyyyyying.

Gina_AcuteDesigns — October 29, 2013 @ 6:16 pm

I have been putting off buying halloween candy because I know I will just eat it ALL before any trick or treaters come…..

Jade Sheldon-Burnsed — October 29, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

If you ever find that magical place that is always Fall, please let me know…

Kristina — October 29, 2013 @ 6:39 pm

I totally remember all of those Twix flavors. I LOVED them. I made homemade Twix once, and made two options – caramel or peanut butter. people freaked out and looked at me weird, saying THAT ONE (pointing to peanut butter) is NOT a Twix!! there was peanut butter, right? RIGHT?

I love when Jimmy Kimmel does that.

Laura — October 29, 2013 @ 6:48 pm

I totally agree about Avery on Nashville! I thought he was the WORST last season, but they’ve redeemed him this year.

JulieD — October 29, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

OMG I love Beaches…sigh. I always watch it when it’s on.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — October 29, 2013 @ 7:17 pm

I’ve never seen Beaches…what is it? Also–I am obsessed with those Jimmy Kimmel videos, as well as that Ellen video. I watch Ellen pretty much every day, can’t get enough.

I’ve had whole wheat croissants before! They were so good–the whole wheat part negates the butter, right?? I’ve also had pretzel croissants and those were pretty amazing too.

Kellie @ Keeprunninkellie — October 29, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

The movie, Beaches, is one of my favorites. When I was really young, I loved watching the beginning when they were on the boardwalk and getting ice cream floats. Also, totally agree, Jimmy Kimmel’s videos of parents telling their kids that they ate their candy is hilarious!

Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onion — October 29, 2013 @ 8:31 pm

totally with you on the dishwasher.. been arguing over that one for around 5 years as well.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 29, 2013 @ 8:45 pm

I LOVE that Ellen video! I was cracking up!! You should look for the one from last year – just as funny, if not more!

Emily — October 29, 2013 @ 8:51 pm

YES! yes yes yes! I thought I was the only one who remembered the different flavored twix. My husband didn’t believe me so I had to google it. Total flashback to fifth grade snack time. I’d trade snacks for a PB twix any day.

Tara — October 29, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

I am almost positive my boyfriend loads the dishwasher wrong on purpose so he never has to do dishes; the way he does it makes me cringe whenever I load something after him.

Rose — October 29, 2013 @ 11:17 pm

My boyfriend always harps on me about the dishwasher!! That’s hilarious.. I now do it so lazily because I know he will rearrange it anyways!! That’s probably not the mature thing to do.
    Thats list was great.. The first pic may be my fav but of course all the overalls..The TLC ones with condoms!! Anyways I had a black pair that was totally super cool :)

Krysten — October 30, 2013 @ 8:29 am

Man, cookies and cream Twix were my JAM! Why don’t they make those anymore? (And do the kids still say “jam?”)

Nikki Sportsman — October 30, 2013 @ 9:32 am

I love donuts!

Susan P — October 30, 2013 @ 9:36 am

I love Autumn weather and sights and smells the best, also.

Kristin — October 30, 2013 @ 10:54 am

Speaking of the 90s, every time Avery is on, I have flashbacks from the movie Camp Nowhere. And when he was Lucky? We are so lucky to have lived through the 90s and remember it.

Corinne — October 30, 2013 @ 11:15 am

I can’t get enough Nashville. I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode!

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green — October 30, 2013 @ 11:24 am

OMG, the videos where the parents tell their kids that they ate all of their candy is my fav thing of life!! SOOO hilarious!! I can’t wait.

Cookbook Queen — October 30, 2013 @ 11:57 am

Jon David and I LOVE the Jimmy Kimmel Candy Skit. We watch it together every year!! The funniest thing is, he’s so chill about his Halloween candy..I could eat it all and he wouldn’t bat an eye (we have candy around ALLL the time, so he’s kind of numb to sugar). So, seeing these kids flipping out is such a foreign concept to him, he’s like, “why don’t they just go get some from the candy drawer”.

Because yes, he thinks all moms keep a candy drawer.

Also, I still want to marry Quinn.

Karie — October 30, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

Twix just came out with a gingerbread flavor, I wonder what those are like!!

Lindsey — October 30, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

I feel like you’re my soul sister! Last week I had to introduce myself to a big group of people at work and said my favorite movies were Beaches and Blow. Everyone laughed at me. Also, was bawling during Rayna’s song last week. Bawling.

Jayme Evans — October 30, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

I just cried when I read, “jortiest jorts”

Ross | TheFaceBaby — October 30, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

Ellen’s videos of haunted houses (and hidden camera gags in general) are some of the best I’ve ever seen. She’s so stinking funny, it’s not even funny (wait, yeah it is.). She needs to get a load of Bubba, though … she’s missing the boat on that one!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — October 30, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Ok that last Buzzfeed? I’m crying! Laughed SO hard.

Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} — October 30, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

We argue over dishwasher loading all the time! He puts everything in the front (aka the lazy way) so that after the first few dishes are in there, you have to open the darn thing up all the way just to stick a piece of silverware in. Shouldn’t drive me crazy, but it does! Glad we’re not the only ones :)

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — October 30, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

ZOMG the dishwasher. I’m so happy to hear the feud isn’t just in our house. But seriously, of all the things, why do they have such strong feelings about the dishwasher?!

cheyenne — October 31, 2013 @ 6:17 am

haha, those 32 people who are having a worse day than you, so funny!
    xo, cheyenne

Anne Marie Walker — October 31, 2013 @ 2:35 pm

Doughnuts are not for me, I don’t get why people love them so much.
    I was wiping tears after watching the Ellen video, so funny.
    Worse day than you stuff always gets me thinking how lucky I really am and should stop being so negative!! We are all so blessed!! and the laughs don’t hurt….
    amw

Debbie D. — November 1, 2013 @ 3:58 am

MMMMMMMMMM! Donuts! Love them!

Jamily — November 2, 2013 @ 6:54 am

The dishwasher thing made me laugh. Pierre and i have been married for almost 7 years and not only do we argue about who loads it better but we also argue about who UNLOADS it better. MEN.

1. Pingback: Later, 2013. | pinmeplease