Tuesday Things.

tuesday things-1-2

1. On Friday, I baked until I dropped. Like almost everything on my list. For serious. Then I drank that wine. Plus some.

2. Dying over this peppermint white chocolate tart… with candied mint leaves. What the what?! I might be making that this weekend.

3. I’m curious to know how you feel about wrapping presents? I find that lots of people dislike it or find it to be tedious. But I? I love it. Like oh-so much.

4. This year, my husband helped me decorate sugar cookies and they truly look like preschoolers iced them. This is why I need somebody to come decorate my house and clean out my closet. Otherwise it’s going to look like we live in a playskool dollhouse. My taste is baaaaad. And as usual, my patience = zero.

5. What is your Christmas album of choice right now? I’ve been blasting the Dave Barnes holiday album, along with NSYNC, of course. See #4.

6. The 23 most unforgivable spelling mistakes of 2013. And I just spelled unforgivable wrong. Also, last night we laughed so hard at this that my throat hurts today: 33 GIFS from 2013.

7. I shockingly didn’t get hit in the Target security breach, which to me is seriously amazing because I have probably been there more in the last month than the last year. Ugh. They just have everything I don’t need.

8. All of my favorite TV shows were off this past week, but I did watch a bunch of old Entourage episodes (favorite!) while making some snacks on Saturday and Eddie and I started watching Sons of Anarchy. Actually I think we started watching it when it began, but never finished. I’m scared of it. I’m a huge baby.

9. If you celebrate, what are your Christmas Eve traditions? Christmas Eve is the BEST part of Christmas in my family. I’m like an hour away from making a gigantic vat of lobster mac and cheese. Apparently this is a boring holiday themed Tuesday Things? Ho ho ho.

25 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl — December 24, 2013 @ 10:05 am

I love wrapping presents, while listening to Christmas music and drinking a little wine or Christmas coffee. I’ll be at my in-laws tonight for Christmas at their house. Can’t wait! Have a VERY merry Christmas, Jessica!

Natalie — December 24, 2013 @ 10:30 am

wrapping presents is one of my favorite things… i put on the movie white christmas and go to town – even farming out my skills to other people haha… btw the 23 gifs… best thing ever…

i’m making pizza tonight… my dad used to always stop and get pizza on his way home from work but since he passed the tradition was bittersweet to keep up… now i’m making it my own by doing homemade pizza instead… MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Katrina @ WVS — December 24, 2013 @ 10:31 am

haha I love wrapping presents too!! Merry Christmas Jess!

Jenna — December 24, 2013 @ 10:38 am

If it’s one or two (birthday) gifts, I’m ok. As for Christmas gift wrapping, I’m not a fan. Mostly due to the fact that they’re all different shapes and sizes and I can’t cut the paper to be even. My OCD goes nuts!

Christmas Eve traditions include the feast of the seven fishes (or as close to seven as possible!), family time and drinking!

Merry Christmas to you and Eddie! Hope Santa treats you well! ♥

Chrysa — December 24, 2013 @ 10:42 am

Merry Christmas, Jess and Eddie!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 24, 2013 @ 10:47 am

I can’t believe you baked almost everything on that list. It was EPIC. Girl. You deserve wine. And then some. And then some champagne! :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family! I know how important the holidays are for you, so I hope it’s special, awesome, and fabulous! Merry Xmas! xoxoxo

allison — December 24, 2013 @ 10:50 am

I loooooooooove wrapping gifts. Every single thing is wrapped with pretty paper and beautiful big ribbons. No bags in my house.

I’m still majorly crushing on Michael Buble’s Christmas cd from last year (although this year’s christmas special wasn’t as great as the first two), with the Buble + Blake Shelton version of Home, and some glee kids christmas tunes, Pentatonix little drummer boy, and Elvis Blue Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — December 24, 2013 @ 10:50 am

Stick with SOA! It’s a great show, but I did not think it was for me in the beginning. It gets really good! Promise! Also can’t get enough NSYNC holiday music in my life. Boy bands and Mariah Carey. That’s what I listen to this time of year. Merry Christmas!!!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — December 24, 2013 @ 11:11 am

Hahaaa!! I remember seeing that instagram pic of the cookies and thinking, “Oh, Jessica must have been cookie decorating with kids!!” –> oopsies.

I also REALLY enjoy wrapping presents. Stocking presents specifically. I went a little overboard this year. Tonight we’re having the feast of seven fishes (well, really the feast of 2 fishes, because we’re lazy)..but I’m very excited about it.

Lindsey — December 24, 2013 @ 11:11 am

Wrapping presents is the best! As a fellow TV junkie I have to say the show Orphan Black from BBC is amazing! A little sci-fi a little unbelievable and totally marathon worthy!

Danielle — December 24, 2013 @ 11:45 am

We do the feast of the 1 fish…lobster tail. We live in the Caribbean and it’s Lobster Hunting Season so it’s all fresh! That, and lots and lots of vino!!

Rachel — December 24, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

I love wrapping presents, but it gets a bit much when I have to do all my Dad’s gifts to my Mom too!

And my Christmas Eve tradition? I watch Love Actually every single year, without fail!

Marisa — December 24, 2013 @ 1:16 pm

I like the Mindy Smith holiday channel on Pandora, especially when a Leigh Nash song plays. Our Christmas Eve tradition is to go ice skating, out for Mexican food, then coming home to let kids open one present – jammies, a Christmas movie, and a new ornament to hang on the tree. Once they’re in bed we’ll crack open the wine and watch The Family Stone.

Merry Christmas!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — December 24, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Uhhh yeah, I just spent 10 minutes laughing at the 33 GIFS from 2013. The garbage truck one really made me LOL. Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!

Ashley — December 24, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

I LOVE NSync’s Christmas album! It’s one of my favorites.

Claire — December 24, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

I love Christmas Eve! I spend it wrapping Christmas presents (LOVE), watching Christmas movies, and baking cookies. Then we get Mexican take – out for dinner. It’s one of my favorite days of the year! Also NSYNC Christmas album for liiiiife.

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — December 24, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

Actually I would have to agree with the #1 spelling mistake, “paying Amish.” That’s pretty funny.

Leah — December 24, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

We tried Sons of Anarchy but I’m kind of scared of it too!! We just started The Killing, which is also pretty intense but so far pretty good. Any other Netflix recommendations??

Vicki — December 24, 2013 @ 8:37 pm

Those GIFs from 2013 totally made my evening. Well, those and the fact that I get to wrap presents! I love wrapping presents too. It’s so fun.

Addison — December 25, 2013 @ 8:24 am

Merry Christmas! But just a heads up, you need to continue monitoring your credit and/or debit card activity for several months yet. Unfortunately, no fraud yet doesn’t mean your info wasn’t collected :(

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — December 26, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Christmas Eve is our fave too! Def bigger and better than XMas day in our house. It’s prob one of my fave nights of the year :) Hope you had a wonderful holiday!!

Aubrey — December 26, 2013 @ 10:09 am

I love that you also love Dave Barnes Christmas album. Such a hidden gem of an album! I’m slightly obsessed with all of his music, truth be told. Hope your Christmas was fantatsic!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 27, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas :-)

Katriel — December 31, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

To that guy who lives bicuriously through his son….that’s like, super not okay. HA.

Kristin — January 11, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

oh man. sons of anarchy is my FAVORITE show. you just have to get past the first season and then i promise you will be hooked!