Say hello to my new favorite thing.

DIY bellini bar I howsweeteats.com

A bright and boozy bar!

A bellini bar, to be more exact.

I could not be more in love. It’s ridiculously simple, almost so much so that I’m embarrassed to tell you how to puree fruit. But we’re doing it. And there’s video!

Bellinis usually consist of prosecco and fruit nectar or puree – most notably peach nectar. But since it’s April and I’ll be lucky to find a decent peach before August, I made my own purees with simple syrup for my own darn bellini bar.

DIY bellini bar I howsweeteats.com

make a sweet little puree of your favorite fruit

pour it in a flute

top it off with prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine or champagne

drink ten of them because they are delicious.

DIY bellini bar I howsweeteats.com

I’m a bit partial to the kiwi version because it’s just so pretty. I’ve given some instructions below (like, add fruit to blender, hit “on” button), but these are highly customizable and I suggest you make your own depending on your mood, the season, what you can find, how much you feel like consuming your emotions via champagne flute and all that jazz.

And then have a little brunch party because that’s life.

A few weeks ago I put together a mini spring brunch with dellalo foods – my local love and favorite store ever. We made a video that will give you a sneak peek of what’s to come –  because I’m going to be rambling on about some RIDICULOUS brunch dishes this week. Like… with lobster.  Yep.

I want to eat it all.

blueberries
kiwi
cantaloupe
pineapple
watermelon
mangoes
2 bottles prosecco (or a sweeter sparkling wine/champagne, go with what you love)

Directions:

simple syrup
To make the simple syrup, combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture beings to boil. Reduce to a simmer for another minute, then turn off the heat and allow to sit at room temperature to cool. You can do this ahead of time and store it sealed in the fridge. If you make too much, you can easily use it for coffee or cocktails - but I'd rather have more than I need than less.

bellinis

Before serving, add each fruit one at a time to the blender to puree. For example, start with the strawberries. Add the strawberries to the blender and blend until pureed, then add in 3 or 4 tablespoons of simple syrup, blending once more. The amount of simple syrup you use is dependent on how sweet and how water dense your fruit is. Taste the puree before adding the syrup and go from there. Keep in mind that prosecco is a dry wine, so it will not add any sweetness. I added anywhere from 2 to 5 tablespoons of syrup for each fruit. After you've finished with the strawberries, pour the mixture in a glass or jar, quickly rinse the blender and repeat with the next fruit. Store the fruit purees in the fridge until ready to serve. You can shake the puree if the syrup or water from the fruit begins to settle.

To serve the bellinis, add a pour of fruit puree into the bottom of a champagne flute. Top it off with prosecco and serve.

DIY bellini bar I howsweeteats.com

that bubbly…

97 Responses to “DIY Bellini Bar & a mini spring brunch.”

Rachel — April 14, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

This is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 14, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

what an AMAZING post idea! How fun is this! I definitely want to do a bellini bar at my next girlsnight gathering!

Nicole — April 14, 2014 @ 5:17 pm

You are the cutest! I love that mint green watch you are wearing in the video.

Moss — April 14, 2014 @ 6:38 pm

So very cool to see you live and in action. All the food looks amazing! I usually throw a Rose tasting party in early summer, but I am totally switching it up this year and doing a bellini bar. So fun!

Lori — April 14, 2014 @ 7:16 pm

OK ~ I usually read you on my phone so I have never left a comment here before *gasp*. I had to log in tonight to talk to you because you had me at bellini ~ they are my favs and I am loving this post. I also really really like ~ ok love most of your posts. You make me laugh ~ you make things trashy and we watch most of the same tv. I am officially oldish but not quite 70 and i have a crush on you. There ~ yup ~ laid it all out there. I am not a stalker and live in Canada so you are safe. Thank you for the snort laughs and recipes. I will be on my phone awaiting your next post.

• Jessica — April 14th, 2014 @ 9:26 pm

thank YOU lori!!

Barbara | Creative Culinary — April 14, 2014 @ 7:39 pm

I want to go a step further and make liqueurs of all of these fruits; I want them ALL!!

Cindy — April 14, 2014 @ 7:49 pm

I just love this so much.

Lisa — April 14, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

Are your bottles from Williams-Sonoma?

• Jessica — April 14th, 2014 @ 9:26 pm

i got the bottles from pat catan’s – i think they were around $1-2 each!

Courtney — April 14, 2014 @ 9:22 pm

I am dying. I want all the bellinis. I had a strawberry bellini for the first time this Valentine’s Day and had to remind myself not to drink 20 of them and become a drunk sloppy embarrassment.

It may seem simple, but thanks for posting this. Right now I’m kind of freaking out about the idea of a blueberry bellini. I need to make that happen this weekend.

emily hassman — April 15, 2014 @ 8:09 am

That video was super cute!!! I missed it in the post yesterday, I guess the videos don’t show up in my email? Super. Cute.

Jennie @themessybakerblog — April 15, 2014 @ 10:18 am

This is just about the most genius idea ever. I’ll take one of each.

Sandy @ RE — April 15, 2014 @ 11:28 am

Love this! Pinned – fun for entertaining. Now, can I come to your party?

Mercedes — April 15, 2014 @ 12:46 pm

OMG is right! I love love love that video and your bellini bar! What a gorgeous brunch to celebrate spring!!!

ashley - baker by nature — April 15, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

eeeeep that video is the cutest! <3

Lynn — April 15, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Quick question. Can I use the bottle simple syrup you can get from the liquor store?

Morgan — April 16, 2014 @ 4:05 am

I love the video! I watched it like three times because I kept missing things that I wanted o see. So creative!! You’re gorgeous!!

Kier — April 16, 2014 @ 9:03 am

Lovely video! And your spread for brunch looks amazing!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — April 16, 2014 @ 9:06 am

Amazing video! What a fun and lovely brunch. This Bellini bar looks fantastic and beautiful. I just need the right occasion to host this splendor!

bridget350@gmail.com — April 16, 2014 @ 10:00 am

You ARE the cutest thing ever! Miss your face! LOVED the video! Yay for brunch & bellinis!!!

Jenny Flake — April 16, 2014 @ 10:08 am

Jessica, you are just darling! This video is perfect :) xo

Dede — April 18, 2014 @ 7:52 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the video! And I want to go to DELALLOS! (However, I live in Arlington, VA!) Sometime maybe on a trip back to PA (I am a native) to see my family we can make a pilgrimage there.

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — April 22, 2014 @ 1:45 am

I love this idea. I bet I can get into all kinds of shenanigans with the tropical fruits out here in Hawaii.

Deardeedle — April 23, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

Just want you to know we did this for Easter and it was AWESOME! Thank you for the inspiration, it was a hit.

Prosecco with blueberry, peach, or strawberry. Did soda water for the kiddos and they loved it just as much.

bev @ bevcooks — April 24, 2014 @ 4:43 pm

I. Freaking. Love. IT!

Channing — April 24, 2014 @ 11:53 pm

Dear god, this is incredible! Sharing on my blog tomorrow!

Heather @ French Press — April 26, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

I am in LOVE! gorge

Kristen — April 28, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

You are so cute!!! I love this video. And now I want brunch and a couple of bellinis. Great job!

Yonnie — May 18, 2014 @ 11:44 pm

Nice to see you in action. Everything looks super delish.

1. Pingback: Spinach and Red Pepper Bacon Wrapped Eggs | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: What I’m Loving week of April 13 | soundZtastee

3. Pingback: Lobster Polenta Pizza with Sun Dried Cherry Tomatoes | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: thursday things - easter is coming and other things | wee eats

5. Pingback: Inspiration | April 18 » Life In Limbo

6. Pingback: Leah’s Link Loves + Bridal Fashion Week Favorites | Georgia Peach On My Mind

7. Pingback: What I Learned This Week #28 | Pale Yellow

8. Pingback: DIY Flavored Bellinis | Just Putzing Around the Kitchen

9. Pingback: DIY Flavored Bellinis | Tina, A Girl Who Loves to Eat « G-Free Foodie

10. Pingback: What I’m Reading | a glass of milk