tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. Too many tacos last night. Cannot move today.

2. Don’t even know what to do with myself: brioche doughnuts with chocolate bourbon glaze. WHAT.

3. I’m going through another closet purge at the moment. Last year (I think at the beginning of fall), I did the whole put-a-bunch-of-things-I-might-want-but-never-wear-in-a-bag-and-wait thing. That was awesome. I didn’t wear any of it or miss it, so it’s gone. Currently doing it again to reduce crap.

4. Last night I was up past midnight scrolling through fashion at the met gala and I still love the olsen twins but will just never get it. Also, it should be reminded that I know absolutely nothing about anything.

5. We’re going through a cereal phase. Five boxes on our counter right now. Well, five boxes and a container of oatmeal. In my defense, I walked by them in the grocery store and they were like three for $8 or something ridiculous like that. NECESSARY.

6. Um. A unicorn name generator. I am a child.

7. I’m super annoyed that the end appears to be near for Juliette and Avery on Nashville, because I actually really liked them together. It’s so dumb that I think this, but I wish the entire series would just SLOW DOWN. Like fifty five things happen every episode and there is rarely suspense. Let’s just put Reyna and Deacon together, then slow everything down. Forever. Oh oh and guess what? We are kind of watching Game of Thrones, since not much else is on that night. I know. I’m a hypocrite. It took me a while this season but I’m loving Mad Men now, of course since there are only three episodes left this year. And Cristina on Grey’s. Yes. I like it this way. But still sad.

8. This is what happens when you try to eat twelve donuts from twelve bakeries one morning. I hurt.

9. With it being so summery out today, I want to grill burgers. What’s the best burger topping you’ve EVER had? (speaking of, there are still a few spots for my burger class on june 14th. you should totally come.)

41 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Jennifer — May 6, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

Pineapple…

Goat Cheese & Grape Jelly

Oh and Jalapeno Pimento Cheese with Jalapeno Bacon Lettuce and tomato – what the goodness?!?!

These where all on separate burgers though not together…but….it could happen.

Kate Woods — May 6, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

Hey! My boyfriend and I are traveling from Baltimore to take your burger class and can not wait! Any recommendations on where we should eat when there? Meat and Potatoes and Peace Love and Donuts are currently on our list but would love more recommendations if you have them. Especially brunch!

• Jessica — May 6th, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

i emailed you!! :)

tara — May 6, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

Welll…..I will tell you that being a celiac now for 2 years the BEST burger topping every is a good buttery slightly toasted fluffy bun the size of my head ! you dont respect the power of the bun until its taken away : )~
    I do like mushrooms, swiss, carm onions and balsamic mayo though too !
    I also love the unicorn names. Mine actually had in it a nickname people call me AND the gnerator gave my cat a name with “beautiful tail” in it which is sooo true. Yes i put his name in the generator to see what his unicorn name would be, don’t judge !
    And i agree with Nashville, too much going on to much jumping around !

samantha — May 6, 2014 @ 1:17 pm

I had read online that Nashville is being considered to get cancelled, so that may be why they’re developing everything so quickly and all at once. Revenge is also up for cancellation.

• Jessica — May 6th, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

noooooooooo!

Courtney E. — May 6, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

Perfect burger: ground lamb with smoked gouda cheese, caramelized onions, and a touch of mayo and ketchup. Heaven in my mouth.

Niki — May 6, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

best burger condiement – what our local burger joint refers to as ‘mmd’ – basically a mustard mayo sauce with fresh dill. MM i could put it on everything – i started making it at home playing around with different mustards. SO GOOD! We have it on regular beef burgers and chicken burgers!

Also – unicorn name generator – amazing.

Rhea — May 6, 2014 @ 1:23 pm

I LOVE fried ratatouille and candied jalapenos on burgers. You will seriously die and go to burger heaven. Promise.

allison — May 6, 2014 @ 1:28 pm

caramelized pineapple + crispy maple bacon + gorgonzola + crispy fried onion strings + sweet chili mayo.

Harper — May 6, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

Duck burger with asian slaw and plum sauce at one of my favorite places here in St. Louis. Devastated to find they have taken it off the menu. May have pouted…maybe.

Cindy — May 6, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

My husband recently had a burger with beets–which is apparently a thing in Australia, however, we had it at a Swedish restaurant. He’s averse to beets and talks about that burger ALL THE TIME. My favorite burger topping are the Zuni Cafe zucchini pickles. Their burger is perfection. I also like grilled pineapple and jalapeños on a burger…or just classic, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a bit of red onion. But really, all the burgers!

Natalie — May 6, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

Sadly the Backstreet Boys concert is June 14 and I need to pretend I am 15 again, scream like a fan girl, pretend i’m going to marry one of the boys then end up with one of the other ones and then have my own rock star music career… yeah… but! next time for sure… no doubt you’ll have a packed house!

• Jessica — May 6th, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

if anyone can understand and forgive for that, it’s me. ;)

Amanda — May 6, 2014 @ 1:55 pm

best burger topping is pimento cheese hands down!

Ashley — May 6, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

From now on you can call me: Fern Sparkle Legs

Laurej — May 6, 2014 @ 2:12 pm

I am right there with you on the cereal binge!

Also, I am sad that Juliette can’t just stay happy for awhile. I wish the writers would give her a break from having it so tough lately. Rayna and Deacon should get together !!!!! I was so annoyed when they made it seem like that was going to happen….and then it didn’t…it just got worse.

Elizabeth — May 6, 2014 @ 2:45 pm

Definitely pimento cheese!

Severiana — May 6, 2014 @ 2:50 pm

Have you ever checked out the Mindy Project?? Love Love Love!!!!!!! It seems right up your alley!!! Funniest show EVA

• Jessica — May 6th, 2014 @ 3:29 pm

yes! love it!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 6, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

I wish you had said you couldnt move today from too many drinks and margs, not tacos, but hey, at least you had fun :) I sat at my desk and worked. So boring.

Closet purges are the best! I love donating so much. To the point sometimes I donate things and am like why did I give that away. Right now, there’s a thrift store in town with my old clothes on the mannequin and i run by it everyday. So weird :)

Miche — May 6, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

Fischer and Wieser raspberry chipotle sauce with grilled green onions and/or grilled hatch chili peppers.

Liz — May 6, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

Helleborine Lovely Head
    Helleborine is very lucky and always succeeds. She is as lovely as the day is long, and she brings the autumn leaves.

..this made me unreasonably happy. Thanks for sharing :)

Amy G — May 6, 2014 @ 6:36 pm

We love refried beans, roasted green chile and jack cheese on our burgers.

Cait — May 6, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

Have you ever STUFFED your burgers?… The possibilities are endless and for some reason i find it more fun when all the junk is INSIDE! One of my faves….
    Turkey burger stuffed with fresh mozz and roasted red pepps.
    Topped with lots of arugula and pesto mayo. All on a toasty delicious brioche-y BUN. Nom!!

Kimberlee — May 6, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

#8 = challenge accepted!

Love your lists.

Signed,
    Rosemary Charming Mane

jessie — May 6, 2014 @ 8:33 pm

My sister loves a burger with a fried egg on top. her favorite thus far included cheddar cheese, fried egg, extra crunchy bacon & pesto.

My favorite burger is a beet burger – no meat. big rounds of roasted beets, flash fried with panko. avocado and boursin cheese on top. heaven.

Jess — May 6, 2014 @ 8:43 pm

Bacon, goat cheese, tomato jam, and bourbon grilled onions. DO it!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — May 6, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

Snapdragon Lovely Horse. Yep that’s my name.

Ashley — May 7, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Yeah…every one of my friends just received a text from me with their unicorn name. I have fulfilled all of their wishes for the day.

sarah — May 7, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

Thank you so much for the doughnut love! And my favorite burger was filled with goat cheese, basil, and caramelized onions. Mmm.

Joanna @ Love Always Jo — May 7, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

My officemate was just saying the exact same thing about Nashville moving way too fast. Good point on the suspense. You’re so right but I hadn’t thought about it like that.

My newest show is About a Boy. It’s just so heartwarming, I love it. Also, my husband and I are watching Friday Night Lights for the first time and are in the middle of season 3…so so good.

Jenna — May 7, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

The best burger I’ve ever had was a vegetarian burger (I’m not vegetarian but it was amazing). It had a sesame seed bun filled with a ricotta and goat’s cheese fritter, spiced beetroot, hummus and toasted walnuts, topped with onion rings. So weird but so amazing, I really want to re-create it. It won a burger competition in Wellington, NZ (just down the road from where they did all of the Lord of the Rings special FX). :)

Larry — May 7, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

I think you should travel out to Napa Valley OR the Bay Area and teach a few of those classes. Because I would go. And eat my homework.

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — May 8, 2014 @ 7:47 am

I’m a big fan of spinach and artichoke dip on turkey burgers. Burgers + dip = paradise.

Kind of in the same vein since it’s technically a dip and all – hummus on a burger made with ground beef is the bomb.

Who still says the bomb? Me, apparently. I’m so obsessed with this burger, not only do I refer to it in 90s slang, I even blogged about it a while back.

Emily Rose — May 8, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

My unicorn name is Nightshade Blue Ears! Thanks for the laugh as always :) Your blog makes me happy.

I wish I could come to your Burger Bash, but I’ll be home visiting my mom! Do you have any other classes you’ll be teaching this summer or fall that you could email me about? Thanks Jess!!

charity — May 9, 2014 @ 10:31 am

Totally agree on Juliette and Avery. I love them together. At some point, they can only keep swapping partners so many times on Nashville. What’s next, Teddy and Juliette?

I have to admit kind of really disliking Scarlett at this point. So drama victim all the time. It is getting too much. Show is going too fast.

I love Deacon, but I am really loving Luke and Rayna too. So conflicted.

I highly recommend About A Boy too and Trophy Wife. Sweet but totally make me laugh out loud!

Morgan — May 10, 2014 @ 10:41 am

The best burger topping I’ve ever had = candied jalapenos. <3 To die for. I want to say the ones I had were freshly candied and not canned. It was paired with oozing pepperjack cheese and caramelized onions.

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — May 11, 2014 @ 3:26 am

Three boxes of cereal for eight bucks!?!?! It’s like I’m on another planet or something. sometimes we pay that much for one box of cereal. $6 is pretty standard. One of my least favorite things about living in Hawaii.

Emily @ Life on Food — May 11, 2014 @ 12:53 pm

I always buy cereal in bulk when it is on sale. Sometimes we have like 12 boxes. It is dangerous. Seriously we cannot just go through a box at a time. We have all of them open at once. Never makes for a boring breakfast.

1. Pingback: Bacon Pineapple Burgers with Candied Jalepenos and Sweet Chili Mayo | How Sweet It Is