tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. I’m losing at the froyo game. I can’t keep up.

2. This brownie batter spread is happening in my life today. GAH.

3. Last week Eddie woke up and swore that I was snoring and he was yelling at me to stop in the middle of the night. (which is my night… every single night… with him.) He then realized that it was a dream, I wasn’t snoring (I’m the lightest sleeper and practically awake all night so I’d probably hear it) and he was just having hopeful moments that I was snoring in the middle of the night so he could turn the tables on me.

4. I’ve determined that all random flavors of oreos are crap… except for chocolate peanut butter.

5. Figures I share my baby news on the same day that Ryan Gosling reluctantly shares his. This is real.

6. Let’s talk about TV! Um, True Blood, I hate you and how you play with my emotions. If Eric and Sookie don’t end up together I will probably die for real. This episode was giving me mini emotional flashbacks of season 3. Puh-lease let that happen. I totally forgot that Masters of Sex had started again until the minute it came on, and it was heartbreakingly good. Ahhhh. What do we think of the Leftovers? I am utterly confused and have to watch each episode twice and then have Eddie try and explain it all to me. But I think I’m into it, mostly because it’s just like WTF?

7. Late late late on Saturday night we finally watched Gravity and all I’ve been thinking since is whyyyyy does it end there? I need more detail. What do people say? I want more!

8. Considering I spend a large portion of my life stuck behind people who don’t know how to use the self-checkout at the grocery store, I’d like to share these 10 commandments with them.

9. Can I please age like Rob Lowe? I fear that I would have needed to reverse start ten years ago.

48 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

samantha — July 15, 2014 @ 11:11 am

We have a froyo place (with a billion toppings to choose from) 5 minutes from my house. And now that I have begun working again and receive a paycheck, it’s going to be incredibly hard to stay away from and not, all but, hand them over my check. Well, between the froyo, target, whole foods, and trader joe’s. That’s where my money goes every week. And I wonder why I have none….

Bri | Bites of Bri — July 15, 2014 @ 11:19 am

Totally agree on gravity! Worst ending ever!!!

Rachel — July 15, 2014 @ 11:23 am

101% Amen to everything you’ve just said about Eric Northman. Also, The Leftovers. I’m confused too. But I can’t stop watching, because I want to know why I’m so confused!

You’re not alone!!!

Jennifer Gilson — July 15, 2014 @ 11:29 am

Spoiler Alert: In the books, Sookie does NOT end up with Eric (much to my dismay).

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

i knooooow. i read the books but my thinking is that the show has strayed so much that they will make a different ending? i’m so afraid they will put her with bill though. the only way i can see her being with sam is if 1. his new girl dies and 2. there is a huge time jump. what do you think??

• Rachel — July 16th, 2014 @ 8:17 am

This is the perfect reason why I quite reading the books. In my mind, they’ll always be together!!

Abby — July 15, 2014 @ 11:34 am

Thanks for sharing my grocery shopping post! I’m just trying to help, one grocery cart at a time…

Carrie — July 15, 2014 @ 11:50 am

Have you tried the birthday cake oreos?

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 2:59 pm

yes! wasn’t a fan. thought they tasted so artificial!

Jenny Pittsburgh — July 15, 2014 @ 12:03 pm

A-frickin-men to the Grocery Store Commandments!!! I am constantly walking through the store muttering to myself “How do you people not know the rules?!?!?” I’m printing this up and taking it with me to pass out.

I’ve been trying to find my next series to binge watch and True Blood keeps circling in my brain. But then I worry that it’s crappy in the last seasons?? Maybe I should try Parenthood? Decisions, decisions…

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 2:59 pm

it is really crappy in the last few seasons, but 1-some of season 4 are great!

• Kristina Hammock — July 18th, 2014 @ 3:11 am

Parenthood is so good! I highly recommend it! :) Prepare to stock up on tissues, though, because you’ll need them for pretty much every episode haha!

Carolynne — July 15, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

Oh my, but have you had White Fudge Oreos?? They come out at Christmas time in the US only (sad for me but also means road trip!!) and they are TO DIE FOR. But you have to like white chocolate :D Right now at Tim Horton’s we have a new Oreo donut. It is a chocolate donut with oreo cream in the middle and cookie crumbles on top. It is also very tasty but I am trying to stay away from it because I do not need any more pregnancy weight!!

I haven’t been watching TB this season, but I’ve heard that some main characters have died already. I think I will wait until it has all aired and then binge watch the final season.

I adore froyo and am so pleased that new places are popping up everywhere in Canada as well. Who can’t say no to unlimited cookie dough?!? Even though I’m not supposed to be eating it right now….Oooops.

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

i haven’t! i don’t really love white chocolate but i may have to try them.

Erica House — July 15, 2014 @ 12:11 pm

omg that brownie batter spread just brought a tear to my eye

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — July 15, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

OMG. That list of grocery shopping commandments is AMAZING. I only step foot in the grocery store before 8 am on Friday mornings. Any other time and I’m ready to stab someone. Also, i’m so confused but intrigued by The Leftovers. If they could stop with the shooting dogs thing, I’d be much more on board. So far, though, i like it.

Alex @ Kenzie Life — July 15, 2014 @ 1:13 pm

I just saw that brownie batter spread a few days ago and got really excited. It looks amazing!

Molly - Doughvelopment — July 15, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

Can’t stand getting stuck in the slower lines at the self-checkout! Sometimes I just want to be like here let me do it, my inner control freak, but yeah ugh.
    I’m not really a fan of the flavored oreos either…i like the original best!
    I don’t think your losing the froyo game, I would eat either of those in a heartbeat!

Sarah @ the gold lining girl — July 15, 2014 @ 1:39 pm

I hear you on most of the weird Oreo flavors, and I second you that the Chocolate PB ones rock, but have you had the Golden Birthday Cake oreos? I have been full-on addicted since October. I am a person who easily fixates, but this is the longest I’ve ever gotten stuck on a single food item. Love them so much!

A girl I went to elementary school w/ is on The Leftovers… Carrie Coon. I want to watch it but my S.O. just dropped our HBO. I’m lost w/o it. Couldn’t believe he’d do that to me! AND he added the golf channels. Seriously?

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

i like the regular golden, but couldn’t get behind the bday cake!
      and i would die without HBO. major first world prob!!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — July 15, 2014 @ 1:40 pm

OMG Please please please watch Ray Donovan!! I need someone to tell me how squeezed they are inside waiting for the next episode to air! So so good. You’ll totally get sucked in. And there’s only been one episode of season 2 so far (same night as Masters of Sex on ShoTime so just stay on that channel) so you could catch up easily!!

• Jessica — July 15th, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

i tried to watch that last year and couldn’t get into it. maybe i should try again??

Julie — July 15, 2014 @ 1:41 pm

Omg I agree about Gravity. I wanted to know so much!

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon — July 15, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

I 100% agree with Gravity – I also watched it on Saturday – and I am SO CONFUSED. Did she get saved? Did she just live on a jungle island? How the heck did she really survive flying in a ball of flaming metal? Too many questions after too many minutes of staring at her face.

Red — July 15, 2014 @ 2:30 pm

OMG! The Ryan Gosling “Hey Girl” memes made me almost die laughing.

Katriel — July 15, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

The self check out thing for reals! I was at the grocery store the other day and I swear every single register was being used by a self check out virgin. Thirty years later when they were finally done and my fruit had already gone bad, I busted up to the counter and took less than 3 minutes like a pro. It’s not that hard. But if it is, don’t do it.

Rachel Cooks — July 15, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

The grocery shopping link! YES. YES. YES. AMEN.

Erika — July 15, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

Those grocery commandments are everything!! True Blood has just lost me and then Alcide.. OMG I.CAN’T.. why would they do that!?!
    I haven’t seen the Leftovers but I have been binge watching Orphan Black. Have you seen that? You need to watch that.. seriously good show..

Amanda — July 15, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

I have a bad feeling about Erik! He’s my favorite but I just have a bad bad feeling.

Froyo is life. That is all!

Becki Sue — July 15, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

I beg to differ on the Oreos. The Chocolate Mint ones are AMAZING!!!! I think I might like them MORE than the original. I tried the Limeade ones this weekend. While I am a huge lime fan, I thought they were only okay.

Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog — July 15, 2014 @ 4:24 pm

I saw Leftovers…and totally didn’t get it. Confused.

LittleYellowButterflies — July 15, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Ahhh yes I feel the same way about True Blood! Sookie and Eric are made for one another. So. Hot.

Congrats on the baby btw, SO EXCITING! :)

LYB x

Julie — July 15, 2014 @ 5:26 pm

OMG The Leftovers. The hotness of Justin Theroux!!!!! But I can’t watch it anywhere close to bedtime bc it seriously screws with my mind. I think I like it though?

Vanessa — July 15, 2014 @ 6:28 pm

I felt the same way about Gravity! I was left with so many questions! And I really hope that Sookie and Eric end up together on TB, I hate her and Bill together. Always have. Ugh!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 15, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

The Commandments are amazing!!! And so, so true. There are so many people I’d like to hand these out to… especially at Costco!

Jenna — July 15, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

Have you watched the companion short film to Gravity? I think the director’s brother made it. It’s pretty good! http://www.shortoftheweek.com/2013/11/25/aningaaq/

Millie l Add A Little — July 15, 2014 @ 7:40 pm

Ooh I still gotta check out Gravity!! There’s so much hype!! Also, now I totally craving froyo. Thanks Jessica :p

katy — July 15, 2014 @ 8:20 pm

Lemon Oreos. SO GOOD. They remind me of the old-school Girl Scouts Lemon Chalet Cremes.

And the ten commandments? Yes. Absolutely. Especially the self-checkout one.

Emily @ Life on Food — July 15, 2014 @ 8:21 pm

I watched Gravity last week and thought the same thing. I just don’t know now.

Jennie — July 15, 2014 @ 9:50 pm

Whenever I think about Eric and Sookie, I have flashbacks to how I felt when Dawson’s Creek was coming to a close and it seemed like Pacey and Joey might not end up together. Like, it might end my LIFE if they didn’t happen.

The way the promos and PR are going for TB this season, I think it’s going to be a Bill and Sookie show. Alan Ball did an interview where he said he felt they were endgame. I think they’ll stick to his vision. It’s ridiculous, but it’s the way it’s going to go IMO.

Kely — July 16, 2014 @ 8:55 am

I’m actually loving The Leftovers. Mostly because I’ve been following this girl’s recaps and as I read her commentary, I get it!
    Check it out.

Leslie H — July 16, 2014 @ 9:40 am

Rob Lowe – he looks the same today as he did in Wayne’s World 20 years ago (what?!).

dana — July 16, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

Thanks for sharing the brownie spread, Jessica! And congrats on your baby news!! So exciting.

Lisa P — July 16, 2014 @ 7:00 pm

I hated Gravity! Ugh, NOTHING happened! And not enough Clooney…

Maressa — July 16, 2014 @ 10:16 pm

I need Sookie and Eric together too, they are perfection and we haven’t gotten enough. I am so over Bill and have been for so long!! I don’t like how they are showing flashbacks of their relationship though, gives me bad feelings!! I totally agree with the Leftovers, WTF I need more!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner — July 17, 2014 @ 9:17 am

Ha ha, I love the ten commandments. So true! “Don’t be a hero.” Bahahaha.

Cheyenne — July 21, 2014 @ 11:24 am

i saw a bit of the first episode of the leftovers and i must say, i’m intrigued! thank you for posting this and reminding me to re-watch that episode (because i really didn’t get it at all either, haha.)
    xo, cheyenne

Kristen — July 22, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

I agree about True Blood, Gravity and Rob Lowe. :)