tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. I call this: thee snack.

2. It was 55 degrees this morning, which I decided called for a cup of HOT coffee, my first in months. With whipped cream obviously. Not going to sugar coat it either: I love weather like this.

3. How does this toblerone ice cream cake exist? And more importantly, why isn’t it in my freezer?

4. I finally opened some of those restoration hardware catalogs that were delivered to my house in brick form. They are now ruining my life. Who has a 21K nursery? That’s what I want to know.

5. I’ve eaten like three pounds of blueberries in two days. I feel like I’m going to turn into Violet Beauregarde.

6. As if my crush on Robin Wright wasn’t already huge enough. This happened.

7. Whaaaaaat is going to happen on True Blood? Or wait, does it really matter as long as Eric lives? Also, some of those scenes in the The Leftovers force me to put my hands over my face. Like the first scene. That was utterly awful. I would prefer a Justin-Theroux-in-uniform-only show please. Surprise surprise. I didn’t get to watch Masters of Sex yet this week. I’m kind of buried in boxes. BUT I have of course found time to watch reruns of the West Wing on my laptop. And did you see the trailer for the Walking Dead? AHHH! Cannot wait. As well as with Boardwalk Empire. Have I been watching anything else lately?? No no, not really. I can’t wait for fall TV. But I did tell Eddie that I was concerned about traveling soon and missing my favorite shows. I am such a loser.

8. Sadly this sums up many of the text messages between myself and those close to me. I have learned to stop googling any and all symptoms about, well, everything.

9. If you have an extra 40 minutes, you can hang out with me on the the lively show. I can’t listen because I am embarrassed of myself. palm -> face.

10. All I want to do in life is make legit homemade rainbow sherbet. It is seemingly impossible. I MIGHT have it for you next week. Just wait.

11. One more thing!! You have three more days to enter to win a signed copy of my cookbook – AND get a signed book plate if you preorder. Smooches.

45 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Julie — July 29, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Loved you on the Lively Show! And that ice cream cake – GAH!

Yael — July 29, 2014 @ 1:03 pm

That’s my favorite snack! Sometimes when I feel guilty i stick a small apple slice underneath so i can call it “healthy.”

Lately I’ve been just sticking my spoon into peanut butter and then straight into nutella, though, because chocolate chips sometimes fall off and we can’t have that, right? Also, then i get to eat any peanut butter that got leftover in the nutella jar from my dipping. . . No shame. Well, some shame.

(Even my breakfast lately has been a little bit of cereal with banana, peanut butter, nutella, and vanilla soy or almond milk. Oh g-d.)

stephanie — July 29, 2014 @ 1:12 pm

i loved you on the blake lively show!! :D

jessica — July 29, 2014 @ 1:17 pm

BRB…going to listen to this podcast asap!!

Angela @ Health's Angel — July 29, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

Listening to the show now as I eat lunch at my desk…as I am 25 and working a desk job like you did. So cool hearing your voice! CANNOT WAIT for your book to come out.

Alessandra — July 29, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

You were SO hilarious on the podcast! It’s so fun to hear what your voice sounds like, and all your advice was so helpful! Love your links (as always!), and I’ve eaten at least a few pounds of blueberries in the last few days too… whoops!

Janelle — July 29, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Aw I thought you were adorably YOU! Thanks for sharing the podcast interview.

Tracy | PeanutButter and Onion — July 29, 2014 @ 1:46 pm

LOL, your amazing on the lively show!

Jenni — July 29, 2014 @ 2:23 pm

Yesss I’m all about the nut butters straight off the spoon. Now I’m gonna go listen to you on the Lively Show. I’ve never heard your voice before!

Julia — July 29, 2014 @ 2:28 pm

AMAZING Lively Show appearance!! You are so nuts – you were great!!!

erin @hooleywithaz — July 29, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

if you figure out a homemade rainbow sherbet recipe, you will have my undying love and affection until my dying day. which i know you’ve always wanted, so you know, incentive?

Amanda — July 29, 2014 @ 2:54 pm

Homemade rainbow sherbert sounds to die for! Totally already downloaded that podcast. Ps- can’t wait to get your cookbook!

Katriel — July 29, 2014 @ 2:55 pm

Don’t ever google symptoms ever! Especially not pregnant.

Madelaine — July 29, 2014 @ 2:56 pm

I absolutely love hearing your voice…you’re fantastic on the show! Thanks for sharing the link!

amanda @ fake ginger — July 29, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

I listened to your Lively Show episode yesterday – you gave lots of great advice and I really enjoyed the whole thing. :)

Kim — July 29, 2014 @ 3:44 pm

Wow!! Listened to part of the Lively Show. Not what I thought you would sound like at all….

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — July 29, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

1. That is definitely the best snack ever and I eat it every day 2. I absolutely eat that many blueberries as well and absolutely used the Violet reference on my blog a few weeks ago! We totally think alike.

Simone — July 29, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

Love the podcast show!

thenik — July 29, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

How f’ing great was that Robin Wright – Jimmy Fallon thing? My husband and I almost woke the baby watching that the other night. You know ol’ girl gets DOWN in her kitchen dancing.

Loved hearing you on the podcast, seriously – you sounded exactly how I thought you would about everything. Best to you – as always – in everything! xo

Kim — July 29, 2014 @ 5:11 pm

Best snack EVER! Loved hearing you speak :) Great interview!!

michelle hill — July 29, 2014 @ 5:32 pm

awww, Jessica, the podcast interview was AWESOME!! Your voice is so sweet and friendly, I am so looking forward to hopefully meeting you on your book signing tour.
    p.s. Robin Wright- such a girl crush since forest jump! lol

Sarah @ the gold lining girl — July 29, 2014 @ 5:38 pm

My mother taught me that snack, I mean “thee snack” years ago. PB from the jar dunked in choc chips is a family classic for us! Haha. :)

Olga Giffors — July 29, 2014 @ 5:39 pm

Ahhhh, I just listened to the podcast! You are truly such an inspiration and it makes me want to quit my day job and go back to cooking full time. I can’t wait to buy your cookbook and can’t wait to hear (read?) all about your little baby muffin that’s due soon. I just had my first baby (boy!) 4 months ago. Sooo amazing and soooo damn hard. And tiring.

Sarah @ the gold lining girl — July 29, 2014 @ 6:20 pm

P.S. I just finished listening to the podcast and my at-home workout today blew by listening to it!! You’re a riot. It was great. Can’t wait for your cookbook to arrive at my door!!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 29, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

Currently listening to your interview and it’s GREAT! You are a natural and are going to totally rock the launch of your book! As for that 55 degrees, it was cold here today too. Unfortunately I’m not loving it quite as much as you but a coffee (perhaps with a side of toblerone cake) sounds rather divine right now!

Leslie — July 29, 2014 @ 6:30 pm

Haha, this cracks me up. Most important topic, why isn’t that cake in my freezer too?! I love strawberries that much, man once i start I can’t stop! They’re so delish.

Emily @ Life on Food — July 29, 2014 @ 6:40 pm

My husband was none to happy when I got the 20 pounds worth of restoration hardware catalogs. I kind of loved it. Then didn’t know what to do with them all. So pretty! So expensive!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) — July 29, 2014 @ 8:01 pm

Peanut butter on a spoon dipped in chocolate chips? I have that as a snack on a regular basis. One of the best!

2 Kids and Tired Cooks

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — July 29, 2014 @ 8:37 pm

Firstly, thank you for the ice cream cake love! Secondly, I have been in love with Robin Wright since Princess Bride days – she’s the greatest. And thirdly, I loved your lively show interview! Girl, you’re an inspiration.

Erica @ thecrumbycupcake — July 29, 2014 @ 9:25 pm

That Toblerone cake is ridic, no? I just want to know why Toblerone doesn’t have their own ice cream line, now. Seems like a good investment idea….

And you sound so sweet on the podcast!!! <3 the advice and you! :)

Bryn — July 29, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

love the podcast!! you are so honest, genuine, and sweet!

Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog — July 29, 2014 @ 9:53 pm

Those Restoration Hardware “books”. Seriously. They’re still in a stack on my coffee table because I just can’t. Not yet. Maybe I’ll be ready someday to tackle that.

Sarah — July 30, 2014 @ 9:02 am

I loved listening to you on the Lively Show! You are a long time favorite of mine and it’s so cool/crazy/weird in the best way to hear your voice! Has anyone (from other parts of the US of course) told you that you have an East Coast accent? Too cute!

Sam — July 30, 2014 @ 9:31 am

Ha! I have a girl crush on Robin Wright too!! she is just great.

Tara Connor — July 30, 2014 @ 9:37 am

Love your bubbly voice on the Lively Show! : ) Dying to get your book – cannot WAIT!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — July 30, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

My husband and I totally send those hypochondriac texts to each other too! Crazy.
    Annnnnd now I’m listening to you! :)

Markie — July 30, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

I just love you more and want to be your best friend after listening to the podcast.

Jen — July 30, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

That first scene in The Leftovers was so horrible, one of the worst scenes I have ever seen. I had to turn away.

Jan R — July 30, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

I would love to have a signed copy of your cookbook…PLEASE!

Nicole — July 30, 2014 @ 6:47 pm

I listened to your podcast and got so crazy inspired that I had to take a half day at work and go home and blog instead! Love it!

tara — July 30, 2014 @ 11:12 pm

I looooved your podcast!! It was sooo good! So inspiring and great!

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change — July 30, 2014 @ 11:26 pm

I’m loving the cold temp days we are getting. I’m definitely not a summer girl – I love fall!

Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet — July 31, 2014 @ 9:57 pm

I’ve been spooning jam lately and dotting it with roasted peanuts!

Kassi — August 1, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

#3 has made my mouth water…

Ariel — August 2, 2014 @ 11:38 am

Signed copy of your cookbook? Yes please!!