1. I call this: thee snack.
2. It was 55 degrees this morning, which I decided called for a cup of HOT coffee, my first in months. With whipped cream obviously. Not going to sugar coat it either: I love weather like this.
3. How does this toblerone ice cream cake exist? And more importantly, why isn’t it in my freezer?
4. I finally opened some of those restoration hardware catalogs that were delivered to my house in brick form. They are now ruining my life. Who has a 21K nursery? That’s what I want to know.
5. I’ve eaten like three pounds of blueberries in two days. I feel like I’m going to turn into Violet Beauregarde.
6. As if my crush on Robin Wright wasn’t already huge enough. This happened.
7. Whaaaaaat is going to happen on True Blood? Or wait, does it really matter as long as Eric lives? Also, some of those scenes in the The Leftovers force me to put my hands over my face. Like the first scene. That was utterly awful. I would prefer a Justin-Theroux-in-uniform-only show please. Surprise surprise. I didn’t get to watch Masters of Sex yet this week. I’m kind of buried in boxes. BUT I have of course found time to watch reruns of the West Wing on my laptop. And did you see the trailer for the Walking Dead? AHHH! Cannot wait. As well as with Boardwalk Empire. Have I been watching anything else lately?? No no, not really. I can’t wait for fall TV. But I did tell Eddie that I was concerned about traveling soon and missing my favorite shows. I am such a loser.
8. Sadly this sums up many of the text messages between myself and those close to me. I have learned to stop googling any and all symptoms about, well, everything.
9. If you have an extra 40 minutes, you can hang out with me on the the lively show. I can’t listen because I am embarrassed of myself. palm -> face.
10. All I want to do in life is make legit homemade rainbow sherbet. It is seemingly impossible. I MIGHT have it for you next week. Just wait.
11. One more thing!! You have three more days to enter to win a signed copy of my cookbook – AND get a signed book plate if you preorder. Smooches.
46 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Loved you on the Lively Show! And that ice cream cake – GAH!
That’s my favorite snack! Sometimes when I feel guilty i stick a small apple slice underneath so i can call it “healthy.”
Lately I’ve been just sticking my spoon into peanut butter and then straight into nutella, though, because chocolate chips sometimes fall off and we can’t have that, right? Also, then i get to eat any peanut butter that got leftover in the nutella jar from my dipping. . . No shame. Well, some shame.
(Even my breakfast lately has been a little bit of cereal with banana, peanut butter, nutella, and vanilla soy or almond milk. Oh g-d.)
i loved you on the blake lively show!! :D
BRB…going to listen to this podcast asap!!
Listening to the show now as I eat lunch at my desk…as I am 25 and working a desk job like you did. So cool hearing your voice! CANNOT WAIT for your book to come out.
You were SO hilarious on the podcast! It’s so fun to hear what your voice sounds like, and all your advice was so helpful! Love your links (as always!), and I’ve eaten at least a few pounds of blueberries in the last few days too… whoops!
Aw I thought you were adorably YOU! Thanks for sharing the podcast interview.
LOL, your amazing on the lively show!
Yesss I’m all about the nut butters straight off the spoon. Now I’m gonna go listen to you on the Lively Show. I’ve never heard your voice before!
AMAZING Lively Show appearance!! You are so nuts – you were great!!!
if you figure out a homemade rainbow sherbet recipe, you will have my undying love and affection until my dying day. which i know you’ve always wanted, so you know, incentive?
Homemade rainbow sherbert sounds to die for! Totally already downloaded that podcast. Ps- can’t wait to get your cookbook!
Don’t ever google symptoms ever! Especially not pregnant.
I absolutely love hearing your voice…you’re fantastic on the show! Thanks for sharing the link!
I listened to your Lively Show episode yesterday – you gave lots of great advice and I really enjoyed the whole thing. :)
Wow!! Listened to part of the Lively Show. Not what I thought you would sound like at all….
1. That is definitely the best snack ever and I eat it every day 2. I absolutely eat that many blueberries as well and absolutely used the Violet reference on my blog a few weeks ago! We totally think alike.
Love the podcast show!
How f’ing great was that Robin Wright – Jimmy Fallon thing? My husband and I almost woke the baby watching that the other night. You know ol’ girl gets DOWN in her kitchen dancing.
Loved hearing you on the podcast, seriously – you sounded exactly how I thought you would about everything. Best to you – as always – in everything! xo
Best snack EVER! Loved hearing you speak :) Great interview!!
awww, Jessica, the podcast interview was AWESOME!! Your voice is so sweet and friendly, I am so looking forward to hopefully meeting you on your book signing tour.
p.s. Robin Wright- such a girl crush since forest jump! lol
My mother taught me that snack, I mean “thee snack” years ago. PB from the jar dunked in choc chips is a family classic for us! Haha. :)
Ahhhh, I just listened to the podcast! You are truly such an inspiration and it makes me want to quit my day job and go back to cooking full time. I can’t wait to buy your cookbook and can’t wait to hear (read?) all about your little baby muffin that’s due soon. I just had my first baby (boy!) 4 months ago. Sooo amazing and soooo damn hard. And tiring.
P.S. I just finished listening to the podcast and my at-home workout today blew by listening to it!! You’re a riot. It was great. Can’t wait for your cookbook to arrive at my door!!
Currently listening to your interview and it’s GREAT! You are a natural and are going to totally rock the launch of your book! As for that 55 degrees, it was cold here today too. Unfortunately I’m not loving it quite as much as you but a coffee (perhaps with a side of toblerone cake) sounds rather divine right now!
Haha, this cracks me up. Most important topic, why isn’t that cake in my freezer too?! I love strawberries that much, man once i start I can’t stop! They’re so delish.
My husband was none to happy when I got the 20 pounds worth of restoration hardware catalogs. I kind of loved it. Then didn’t know what to do with them all. So pretty! So expensive!
Peanut butter on a spoon dipped in chocolate chips? I have that as a snack on a regular basis. One of the best!
2 Kids and Tired Cooks
Firstly, thank you for the ice cream cake love! Secondly, I have been in love with Robin Wright since Princess Bride days – she’s the greatest. And thirdly, I loved your lively show interview! Girl, you’re an inspiration.
That Toblerone cake is ridic, no? I just want to know why Toblerone doesn’t have their own ice cream line, now. Seems like a good investment idea….
And you sound so sweet on the podcast!!! <3 the advice and you! :)
love the podcast!! you are so honest, genuine, and sweet!
Those Restoration Hardware “books”. Seriously. They’re still in a stack on my coffee table because I just can’t. Not yet. Maybe I’ll be ready someday to tackle that.
I loved listening to you on the Lively Show! You are a long time favorite of mine and it’s so cool/crazy/weird in the best way to hear your voice! Has anyone (from other parts of the US of course) told you that you have an East Coast accent? Too cute!
Ha! I have a girl crush on Robin Wright too!! she is just great.
Love your bubbly voice on the Lively Show! : ) Dying to get your book – cannot WAIT!
My husband and I totally send those hypochondriac texts to each other too! Crazy.
Annnnnd now I’m listening to you! :)
I just love you more and want to be your best friend after listening to the podcast.
That first scene in The Leftovers was so horrible, one of the worst scenes I have ever seen. I had to turn away.
I would love to have a signed copy of your cookbook…PLEASE!
I listened to your podcast and got so crazy inspired that I had to take a half day at work and go home and blog instead! Love it!
I looooved your podcast!! It was sooo good! So inspiring and great!
I’m loving the cold temp days we are getting. I’m definitely not a summer girl – I love fall!
I’ve been spooning jam lately and dotting it with roasted peanuts!
#3 has made my mouth water…
Signed copy of your cookbook? Yes please!!
So I know this is super late/after the fact…but I just found you a few months ago and have been compusively reading back ‘episodes’ of your blog…lovelovelovelovelove it. And I’m listening to your episode of the Lively podcast right.this.second. and I hope you’ve read the LJB The Cat Who… books! Or added them to your list! They’re PERFECT beach reads, and my grandmother introduced them to me when I was in elementary school/middle school (I’m upper 20s now) and I loved them and have all of them and reread them probably once every other year! (how’s that for a runon sentence??)