tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. Can we talk about these peanut butter s’moreos? Killing me smalls.

2. Somehow I got my hands on an Arhaus catalog (or the universe sent it to me for pure torture purposes only) and while I love the chairs… have you ever noticed how many of them are photographed outside in streams and woods and forests? Like hey, let’s just take this $6000 chair out into the mud and take some pics of it, that will sell it.

3. I can’t fathom these new cappuccino flavored potato chips. Has anyone tried them? They sound like one of the worst things on earth to me right now but… you know my tastes are off.

4. Speaking of, I’ve reverted back to my childhood and just want to eat cheddar chex mix all the time. If this could be recreated to perfection at home, that would be awesome. But it can’t. There is no way to clone it.

5. I should probably write a book on the worst way to pack your home for a move. I’d put stuff in boxes and then there would be extra room so I’d throw even more random stuff in but then it’s not like you can label the box with every single thing (or you can and I’m lazy) and now I’m pulling sheets out of boxes with toothpaste and steak knives.

6. I can’t stop blasting this song. It’s been love/hate.

7. I’m pretty sure that Masters of Sex has taken over the top spot for my favorite show in the summer. I can’t get over how much I love it – even if it makes me squeamish at times but not in the trashy terrible way that GIRLS does. I have a crush on Michael Sheen. You know that I’m thrilled about one thing that happened on True Blood this past week but I won’t say for fear of spoiling. Still not enough to save it for me though. I don’t know which I’m more excited about for fall: Sons of Anarchy or Walking Dead. AHHHH.

8. Also, let’s talk about the other exciting thing this week: Shark Week! But whyyyyy can’t it be like it used to? Now it’s all about like alien sharks and lochness monster sharks and supernatural sharks. I like shark week from 1995.

9. Over the weekend my cousin showed me how to keep my phone letters on lowercase ALL THE TIME. Why is lowercase so much cuter? My elementary school teachers are dying inside right now but that’s the only way I desire to write my words.

49 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Laura — August 12, 2014 @ 2:12 pm

Pleeeease tell me how to do #9!

• Rachel — August 13th, 2014 @ 10:06 am

Seconded!!!!

• katy — August 14th, 2014 @ 9:46 am

On an iPhone – go to settings, then general, then keyboard. Deselect auto-capitalization. Ta-da! :-)

P.S. this is also where you can turn off the spellcheck and auto-correct, if those things drive you nuts like they do me. haha

molly yeh — August 12, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

every time i walk by those freaking cappuccino chips i have to stand there and debate whether i should by them. i think i’ve already lost.

Paula — August 12, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

I think C.A. Pinkham on Jezebel promised to do a taste-test article of the Lay’s proposed flavors. I really want someone to tell me how they made cappuccino chips, because I can’t fathom how that’s not putrid. Thank heavens Jezebel exists to keep me up-to-date on the world’s most useless news.

Sarah @ the gold lining girl — August 12, 2014 @ 2:21 pm

Oh i know… cappuccino chips? What were they thinking? Nasty! NOTHING about that sounds appetizing!

Yes, that song is a little annoying, and yet very addictive. Love/hate pretty much sums up my feelings about it perfectly too!

Today I made a List of all the Lists I need to sit down and make. It’s not a joke. I know you are like this too regarding list-making! Please share with me your current favorite planner/life organizer? In dire need. Thank you!

Anna — August 12, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

I have tried the chips. I am expecting as well and food just doesn’t hold the same luster it used to. I thought they would be so bad and you know they were not terrible. The worst ones were the mango salsa.

Laura — August 12, 2014 @ 2:29 pm

Don’t get the cappuccino chips! They are AWFUL. The mango salsa ones are gross, too. Gross gross gross. Don’t subject your taste buds to them.

erin @hooleywithaz — August 12, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

i NEED to find out how to make the phone letters lowercase! life hack me please!

Julie @ Table for Two — August 12, 2014 @ 2:37 pm

whaaaaaat?! how do you do #9??

dana — August 12, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

Thank for the share!!! xo

Kate — August 12, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

<3 #9. duh. everything is cuter when it's in little travel size. my husband gets so annoyed because anything that is little is too adorable it hurts my heart and i must buy it. ie. a little container of lemon juice found at the gas station. adorable.

• Rachel — August 12th, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

They have little jars of Just Mayo at the dollar store. I have the urge to buy one for all of my friends!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — August 12, 2014 @ 2:52 pm

OMG that song!!

Jackie — August 12, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

I just moved in June and it sounds like you pack the same exact way I pack. Drove my husband nuts lol.

erin — August 12, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

SONS. Seriously can’t wait! Though, we’re watching the 6th season again and 4 episodes into it and I’ve already closed my eyes/plugged my ears probably 10 times so I wouldn’t barf. I love it though. Like, named-our-dog-Teller-cause-we’re-so-obsessed kind of love it. My heart will break into a thousand pieces (AGAIN – it took me months to get over losing my friend Opie) when it’s over.

• Victoria — August 13th, 2014 @ 10:42 am

Where are you watching the 6th season? I haven’t seen it added to Netflix yet and I’m dying to catch up before the final season!!

Haley — August 12, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

YES. I have tried the cappuccino chips (my mother in law bought them), and they are 110% as terrible as you’re thinking.

Anne Weber-Falk — August 12, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

The chips are nasty. Very, very nasty. We did a taste test of all four flavors. None of them were anything to write home about. If I had to choose a favorite it was the wasabi ginger. I would say don’t bother with any of them.

Leslie — August 12, 2014 @ 3:30 pm

Those cupcakes have me drooling girl! I’d love some cheddar chez mix right now, I’m starving. Haha. I haven’t seen Masters Of Sex, I know. Yes I live under a rock. I don’t have time to watch a lot of tv but Sons Of Anarchy will be on the DVR waiting for me. Haha. I hope your having a great Tuesday!

steph — August 12, 2014 @ 3:41 pm

i’m scared of the cappuccino chips. inexplicably scared :/
    yes to all that bass!
    lowercase for the win! lowercase letters are so much rounder and more cute!
    love love LOVE your tuesday things! xo

jen — August 12, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

it’s official. we are the same person. i prefer all lowercase, all the time, but sadly, it is not acceptable in workplace emails…

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — August 12, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

molly yeh has me loving the lower case
    that song
    masters!!! my husband and i are hooked. i watched it during dinner last night (because it was my birthday and that’s what i wanted). i sat there frozen not being able to take a bite.

Ashley — August 12, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

EW to those chips. I mean. No. Although, I will say I like the Food Should Taste Good chocolate tortilla chips. Super addicting. STILL waiting to watch the final episode of season 1 MoS. Cannot wait!

lclikessnacks — August 12, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

if i didn’t purchase the cappuccino chips… no one should. i love both of them too much separate… no need to merge that shit. vom.com for sure.

ami@naivecookcooks — August 12, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

Jessica I totally do #5 all the time! Haha

Rebecca — August 12, 2014 @ 7:11 pm

I seem to be in the minority over here, but this English major is glad that you don’t usually write your posts in all lowercase. I might develop a twitch! Ha ha.

And I have to agree everyone else that the cappuccino chips are no good. I tasted cinnamon more than anything, and zero salt. Just a bland cinnamon flake. Definitely not worth it.

Emily @ Life on Food — August 12, 2014 @ 8:07 pm

cappuccino chips are the worst idea ever. My grocery store has a huge display right when you walk in. It makes me want to gag.

Nicole — August 12, 2014 @ 8:09 pm

Have you heard of/seen the new show Manhattan? It’s about the scientists working on the Manhattan Project and their wives. Only three episodes but so good so far!

Kate — August 12, 2014 @ 8:51 pm

I ate cheddar chef mix all the time when I was pregnant! Especially first trimester – I basically lived on that ad peanut m&ms. Lovely.

Rachel Wilkerson Miller — August 12, 2014 @ 8:55 pm

Ummm ok I have TV things to share! I am not a big TV person and I HAVE to see the pilot of a show before I can really get into it, so I decided to watch two pilots this weekend and maybe be in the cool kids’ club if the shows get popular. First was The Knick which is dark and gory as hell but pretty fascinating and I’ll watch a few more eps and feel it out for sure. Then I watched Outlander (never read the book)…this first ep was a bit slow but I feel like I like where it’s heading? Like, all hunky romance novel covers all the time?

Ashley — August 13, 2014 @ 7:23 am

The first time I saw the cappucino chips I was more than a little hungover walking through the grocery store searching for an already chilled Gatorade. My boyfriend points at them and goes “wanna try them?” I almost lost my cookies right there in Aisle 7 of Publix. UGH. Why?? just why??

Nikki schutte — August 13, 2014 @ 8:40 am

I personally love the cappuccino lays chips. I’ve tried all four and they are by far my favorite. I have them in the evening when I’m craving a salty sweet snack. The mango salsa chips…not so much…but I’m allergic to pineapple and that’s what they taste like to me,

Vanessa — August 13, 2014 @ 9:59 am

The cappuccino chips make me cringe even thinking about them. I need those cupcakes NOW! Haha. I have spent most of the summer watching Sons, just started season 6 so I can watch season 7 when it starts and I am loving it. I am SO looking forward to the Walking Dead premiere too though.

Robin — August 13, 2014 @ 10:42 am

I am totally with you on Shark Week!

Liselle Konig — August 13, 2014 @ 11:14 am

I have a friend who refuses to capitalize anything in texts or emails and it drives me nuts. How hard is it to cap words? One time it totally changed the meaning of the sentence since she would not cap the name of a restaurant.

Angie W. — August 13, 2014 @ 11:46 am

SO looking forward to this season of Walking Dead! As for the chips, I am not convinced that would be something worth buying. I mean, I might TRY one if it were offered to me, but to actually purchase a can…I don’t think I can commit to that. And I guess I’m going to have to Google #9, because now I’m all intrigued.

Amanda — August 13, 2014 @ 12:12 pm

Is it bad that I love/love that song? No hate here! It’s so damn catchy!

Missy Krause — August 13, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

It’s nuts how much of Tuesday’s things I was also enjoying.

I made the peanut butter s’moreos – DELISH. Totally make them, you will die.

Yes, I totally agree about Arhaus. I just want to know what the furniture would look like in a home, how boring.

The cappuccino chips are disgusting. My husband just had to buy them. I told him they would be gross. I was correct. The bag (minus 4 chips) went into the trash!

I haven’t been able to get that song out of my head. I’m loving every minute of it.

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — August 13, 2014 @ 1:26 pm

I’ve been hearing so much about #7, definitely need to get in on the action (pun intended ;) )

Phyllis — August 13, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

The cap chips SMELLED really good but really didn’t taste so great. When all the young men in my office say no…and they eat ANYTHING…that’s the verdict. I liked the mango salsa ones because I get the flavor without messy salsa in my paperwork!

Erin — August 13, 2014 @ 11:34 pm

Sometimes I read your blog and wonder how you’ve managed to get into my head and write down everything I am thinking. It’s a little spooky. LMAO about the cappuccino chips. Seriously – what?!?! I spotted them at the grocery store last week and took a photograph just to make sure it was real. I want to try them, but don’t want to pay for them and encourage that kind of reckless potato chip behavior from Lays. I’m all about experimenting, but cappuccino?!?! Really?!?! No. Just no.

Joelle — August 14, 2014 @ 8:51 am

I think a homemade cheddar chex mix sounds amazing!!!

King Arthur has a vermont cheddar powder. So it obviously wouldn’t taste exactly the same but I think it has potential!!

Julie F — August 14, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

I really just fixated on that cheddar chex mix comment, and now it is a full blown, must have craving. YES.

Larry — August 14, 2014 @ 5:11 pm

‘cuz small = cute 99% of the time. Unless it’s an ugly baby. Then even a tea-cup sized one couldn’t be cute. Fact.

Julia — August 18, 2014 @ 4:18 pm

For heaven’s sake “reverted back”, my all time pet peeve.

Kristin — September 7, 2014 @ 2:09 pm

i love michael sheen. he is just so adorable. and thank you for the iphone tip! lowercase letters are just more aesthetically pleasing to me, hah.