Gorgonzola Smothered Chicken with Pancetta.
Thanks to all for playin’ a very tricky Trivia Friday!
2. Grant – but I will also accept MacArthur since this was tricky!
3. The Great Gazoo
Those who qualified are:
Congrats, guys! Let me know if I missed anyone. The winner will be chose on the last day of this month, so look out.
Are you still incredibly stuffed from Thanksgiving and 3 days worth of leftovers?
Tis’ the season for indulgence!
This tender chicken dish is topped with creamy gorgonzola and salty pancetta – the perfect combination.
I fried the pancetta and let it drain. You can buy pancetta and chop it, but most stores carry pre-chopped pancetta.
And dipped the chicken in some beaten egg, then dredged it through a bit of flour.
I added a few spices to my flour mixture – salt, pepper, smoked paprika – you can add whatever you’d like.
And just pan-fry until it is brown on each side.
After it has a nice golden brown color, reduce the heat a bit and allow it to cook through.
Top with a good 1/4 cup of gorgonzola, and once it melts, add the pancetta.
It is a very savory dish, and I think it’s goes best with a side of rice or a salad. It balances out the heaviness of the chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta, fried
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Beat 2 eggs in a large bowl, and add 1 cup of flour (+ paprika, salt and pepper) to a large plate. Dip the chicken in the egg, the dredge through the flour. Add to the skillet and let brown on both sides.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add 1/4 cup gorgonzola on each breast, and allow to melt. Remove from pan and transfer to plate. Sprinkle about 1/8 cup of pancetta of top.
Feeling a bit sluggish and down from all of the big meals this weekend? Check out how I plan to stay fit this holiday season!
You can also update your readers here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp