Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Update your google readers!http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp
Did you check out the pumpkin spice balls?
I whipped up these babies last night, intending to frost with pumpkin spice frosting like I usually do.
I ran out of pumpkin spice frosting. I could have made more, but decided to use up the remaining peanut butter frosting I had left. I also made more chocolate fudge chip cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.
(three guesses on what I had for breakfast this morning.)
Never eaten pumpkin and peanut butter flavors together? PUH-LEEEEASE try! Today!
Unless of course, you dislike pumpkin (like my husband) or dislike peanut butter (how is that possible??). Or you are allergic to peanut butter. Or pumpkin.
But really, it is such a delicious combo! If you dislike either, this may change your mind.
Probably not, but if so, let me know. I’d love to be responsible for creating the undying love between a human and peanut butter and pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, beating one at a time. Add vanilla and pumpkin, mixing thoroughly.
- Mix flour, powder, soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Add half of dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Stream in milk while mixer is on low speed. Add the other half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Spoon into cupcake molds.
- Bakes at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- I made mini cupcakes and baked for 12 minutes. I got about 48 cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. If icing seems to thick, add some milk 1 teaspoon at a time. Frost cupcakes or cake.
My sausage arms aren’t going anywhere anytime soon…
Still not receiving my udpates since I switched domains? Update your reader here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp