Cookie Dough Truffles.
I have this obsession with the cake balls. Of course, I love the oreo balls.
But these below are quite possibly my most favorite Christmas ‘cookie’ ever. Cookie dough truffles, what what!
This dough! There are no eggs in this, so feel free to eat the entire bowl like I may have done.
Just make sure to leave enough time (and ingredients) to whip up another batch.
I actually liked this dough more than regular cookie dough.
Doesn’t it look exactly like cookie dough? It’s so creamy and delish!
I dipped these in milk chocolate. I’m sure they would be great dipped in any kind of chocolate. But dipped in milk chocolate? They really taste like a cookie.
Incredible. I don’t really have any more exciting words to say.
Besides, my mouth is still full of cookie dough.
The only way this will make you sick is if you eat too much. Since there are no raw eggs, it is very easy to do. Eat up!
Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 lbs chocolate disks or chocolate chips, to coat
- In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour if necessary. This will make it easier to roll.
- Melt the chocolate chips or disks in a double boiler. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
[photos by sarah fennel]