Holiday Appetizers 101: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheeseball.
Still not receiving my updates since I switched domains? Please update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp
I came up with this concoction, hoping it would taste okay.
I added cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar together.
I was hesitant to use a natural peanut butter because I didn’t want this to come out ‘oily.’ I used Skippy Natural (which is my mind, isn’t really natural) and it worked perfectly. I would suggest a creamier peanut butter – it would probably be incredible with Dark Chocolate Dreams!
I threw in a few handfuls of chocolate chips. After multiple binges tastings, I decided it needed a bit more sugar, too.
Doesn’t it looks like cookie dough? It even kind of resembles the cookie dough truffle mix. Either way, I still inhaled some.
I rolled it into a ball and threw it in the fridge to set.
After crushing some graham crackers, I rolled the cheeseball through them for a topping.
I didn’t expect my husband, most men, or even my mom to enjoy this – at least not more than one taste. It wasn’t very sweet, but I was not sure how the idea of a chocolate-peanut butter appetizer would go down.
I was wrong, and it got devoured. Even my husband ate it up!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheeseball
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 package graham crackers, crushed
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter in a bowl and mix together. Fold in chocolate chips. Form into a ball and let set in the refrigerator.
- Crush graham crackers. Remove ball from fridge and roll through graham crackers. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Serve with graham cracker stix and vanilla wafers.
Sorry for the lack of ‘inside’ pictures, but this got eaten way too quickly. And this time, it wasn’t just me eating it. Ahh…full, bloated bellies love company.