Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes.
If you are still looking for a tasty Easter dessert, you are in luck!
These cupcakes now rank up there as one of my favorite desserts. And you know that is sayin’ something since I loooove my desserts.
They are fun, colorful and impressive, too.
After the cupcakes are finished baking and have cooled, you cut a cone-shaped hole down through the middle and stuff with a juicy strawberry.
It was slightly challenging, but totally worth it.
And no cupcakes were hurt in the process.
The original recipe called for a powdered-sugar glaze, but I replaced it with a lime buttercream.
It sounded much more decadent and sweet to me.
Don’t be intimidated! When I first saw a picture of these cupcakes, I was torn. I had a minor breakdown, thinking that there was no way I had the patience to make them. But I wanted to make them sooo badly.
They really weren’t that difficult, so you must give them a try.
Just imagine how excited guests will be to bite into a vanilla cupcake and get this surprise!
Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lime zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Stir in lime zest.
- Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 mins at 350. Let cool.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a cone-shaped hole in the cupcake, leaving about an inch of cake on the bottom. Stuff the strawberry down it, and cover with remaining cake if you can. Frost!
- Cream butter. Add sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle in lime juice, add more if needed.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with lime zest.
You’ll have to take my word on the cupcakes, because Mr. How Sweet didn’t get any.
He is probably checkin’ out this post right now thinking, ‘when in the world did she make these. . .?‘
Luckily, I just blame things like that on his poor male memory.