Crab Avocado Quesadillas.
I love seafood.
I love it even more when it’s mixed with bacon and cheese.
I love quesadillas.
Why not combine all of that into one tasty treat?
I used my favorite tortillas – La Tortilla Factory.
Not only are they loaded with protein and fiber, they taste delicious. They are also soft and chewy. Perfect, in my opinion!
The avocado and pineapple give the quesadilla’s a bit of a tropical taste.
And the bacon. . .
Well, I think we all know what I think about the bacon.
Like everything else, I garnish my quesadillas with limes.
We love limes. We always have a ton of them, just hanging around our house.
I’m sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the 3 handles of Ketel One in our bar.
When it comes to the crabmeat, don’t skimp. Buy the good stuff. None of that imitation garbage.
I promise you will thank me.
Crab Avocado Quesadillas
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz lump crab meat
- 1 slice bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 slices avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice pineapple, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except for tortillas and cheese in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Assemble tortillas with ingredients in between. Make sure there is cheese on both the bottom of one tortilla and the top of the crabmeat mixture to act as ‘glue.’
- Brown tortilla on both sides until cheese is melted.
Thanks so much for all of your well wishes for Mr. How Sweet! He is still a bit sickly, and I fed him popsicles all night.
When he finally comes to and realizes how little protein he has had, he is going to have a cow.