Easy Homemade White Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust.
Usually once a week, Mr. How Sweet and I have homemade pizza for dinner.
And often, we end up having it twice a week.
And then we don’t have any for 4-5 weeks because we are so sick of it.
Such is life.
The only thing we disagree on is the amount of sauce. Oh, and the amount of meat.
I don’t like tomato sauce, so when it is piled high on pizza I am not a fan. I also don’t like pepperoni or sausage, or any other kind of meat that does not resemble bacon.
Mr. How Sweet loves gallons of sauce and boatloads of pepperoni.
But let’s get real.
That’s not the only reason I always make 2 pizzas.
It’s because Mr. How Sweet takes down at least one entire pizza himself. Even on the nights that he swears he ‘is not hungry,’ like last night.
I should have taken a picture of the finished product, but I don’t really think that seeing an empty pizza pan would thrill you.
Not that hungry, eh?
Enter the white pizza.
Growing up, my parents always ordered a white pizza. I hated it back then because it usually was packed with tomatoes and maybe even other vegetables. Not much has changed, but these days I roll with it.
In fact, I think I am about to go have some for breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add water, honey and oil, mixing with a spoon to form into a ball. Continue mixing with your hands and kneed for about 60 seconds. Lightly oil bowl and add dough back in. Cover and let rise for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, remove from bowl and punch down. Roll back into ball and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Lay on lightly floured surface and roll very thin. Top with toppings and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush dough with olive oil. Top with minced garlic and 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning. Add on cheeses and spread evenly over dough. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with remaining italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? I would have to go with bacon and arugula and 16 different kind of cheeses. Life is good.