I’m sorry for doing this to you. These brownies though.
I really am. But better than crack brownies? Had to happen.
See, last Friday while I was on a 10-hour road trip heading for vacation, I received this recipe from a reader named Liz.
Liz, I love you. That’s all I have to say.
I was tortured by this recipe for a full eight days before I could make it. I wanted to make it while I was on vacation, but couldn’t drag myself up off the couch to do so.
So it was the first thing I made when I returned home.
These are an absolute sin.
I really don’t have any words, other than you must try them. They will change your life.
They may also change your waistline too.
But that’s okay.
It’s all in the name of chocolate.
Which is totally worth it, if you ask me. And… everyone else. Probably. I hope so.
Better Than Crack Brownies
- 1 batch boxed brownie mix
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, if don't have salted, add sea salt
- 1 cup chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Mix the brownies according to their instructions - and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes more.
- While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. I do this in 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir in the cereal. Remove the brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Slice into squares!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Mr. How Sweet says these are healthy since they have peanuts for protein and good fat, and since the back of the Rice Krispie box says the cereal is a “healthy snack.”
I love the way this man thinks.
[photos by sarah fennel]
581 Comments on “Better-Than-Crack Brownies.”
Pingback: S'mores Bars - Salted Pretzel S'mores Crunch Bars - Kitchenpedia.co
Pingback: Salted Pretzel S’mores Crunch Bars. - Cravings Happen
Pingback: Better Than Crack Brownies — Vegan Oreo Brownies - Namely Marly
Pingback: Link Love: My Favourite Things This Week - Knitted Bliss
I have made this recipe more times than I can count!! One year I had a bunch of leftover fastbreak bars so I used them instead and people loved them even more! Fantastic sinful treat!!
OMG that’s all.
Which brownie box did you use – always wonder which is the best? Haven’t a clue. That would make the recipe exactly like yours.
Will be making these this wknd (some soon to be VERY happy people around!) and sticking around to look through more. THANKS so much!
How do you store these?
I have made them for several years. They are loved, but to this day I question “what size is 1 boxed brownie mix”? I use 2 of the Ghirardelli pkg from Costco and double the toppings. Actually that’s too much brownie and topping although everybody loves them.
OMG, made these for a party and I had people seeking me out to say how amazing these are. One friend told me FIVE times how delicious these are and that he had four. I can’t believe how great these are, plus fun and easy to make. Thank you for sharing