Margaritas on the Rocks.
I sort of have a relationship with margaritas. This margarita recipe, to be exact.
I’m sort of in love with them. The best margarita recipe on the rocks? Yes. Exactly.
I’m sort of a huge snob about them. Like, super huge. No other margarita recipe can compare in my brain.
Also, I’m sort of positive that the only ingredients you need are tequila, grand marnier, lime juice and homemade simple syrup. Nothing else. I mean, some citrus, but that’s about it.
I’m sort of still hungover. Good sign.
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- orange + lemon + lime slices for garnish
- salt for the rim
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in margarita salt. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lemon, lime and orange slices.
- For simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely.
- This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go from taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Annnnnd I’m sort of convinced you don’t need much convincing. Make them.
110 Comments on “Margaritas on the Rocks.”
try mixing salt and sugar 50/50 for the rim, you will thank me!
Pingback: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – Lime Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – recipequicks
More grand mariner than tequila?
I love this recipe!