Grown Up Hot Chocolate with Homemade Bailey’s Marshmallows.
I’m dying to tell you about this boozy hot cocoa, but I drank my way down a few mugs and am currently trying to crawl my way out.
Like everything else this week, it wasn’t my idea… a bunch of you [like Allison] looked at me [virtually] as if I was insane for not putting the marshmallow vodka in hot chocolate.
I’m so glad I have smart invisible internet friends!
No more words.
Except… GET IT.
Grown Up Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, I used Hershey’s Special Dark
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4-6 ounces of marshmallow, or vanilla, cake, whipped cream vodka
- In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring every few minutes. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the milk to the cocoa and sugar, mixing thoroughly to create a paste. Once the entire thing is wet, use a spatula to add it to the milk and turn the heat down to low. Whisk continuously until smooth (do not let it boil), the whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vodka, or add to each glass right before serving. Top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- For the Bailey’s marshmallows, I used this exact recipe for beer marshmallows, substituting Bailey’s for beer.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
That up there? That’s what happens when you have a food blog. I don’t want to hear it. And yes, you are more than welcome to come do my laundry.
173 Comments on “Grown Up Hot Chocolate with Homemade Bailey’s Marshmallows.”
Pingback: How to Make Hot Chocolate Boozier & Better DIYReady.com | Easy DIY Crafts, Fun Projects, & DIY Craft Ideas For Kids & Adults
This looks so yummy! Was hoping to make a few big batches of this for a party. Do you know if it will refrigerate/reheat well?
Pingback: Holiday Drinks That Will Dazzle | Watch What Chu Says
Pingback: 1111 – nothing
Pingback: 6 Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipes That Will Warm Up Your Night – Upcrated
Pingback: The Bolt // No. 4 | Beauty Bolt
Pingback: Winter Date Night... #MondayMoments - LittleStuff
Pingback: Round Up Of The BEST Hot Cocoa For Fall! #Recipes – 3CITYGIRLSNYC
Pingback: 15 Really Amazing Recipes You’ll Make Again And Again – Howiw
Pingback: 15 Tried And True Recipes You’ll Make Again And Again – buzzglamour.site
Pingback: Ways to Spike Hot Chocolate – Honest Cooking
Pingback: 20 Fun Date Ideas to Try This Fall - Loverly | Your Virtual Wedding Planner™
Pingback: Trick or Treating Checklist: For the Modern Mom
Pingback: 8 Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipes to Get You Through the Winter | Party Venue | Howl at the Moon