Grown Up Hot Chocolate with Homemade Bailey’s Marshmallows.
I’m dying to tell you about this boozy hot cocoa, but I drank my way down a few mugs and am currently trying to crawl my way out.
I’m so glad I have smart invisible internet friends!
No more words.
Except… GET IT.
Grown Up Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, I used Hershey’s Special Dark
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4-6 ounces of marshmallow, or vanilla, cake, whipped cream vodka
- In a large bowl, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring every few minutes. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the milk to the cocoa and sugar, mixing thoroughly to create a paste. Once the entire thing is wet, use a spatula to add it to the milk and turn the heat down to low. Whisk continuously until smooth (do not let it boil), the whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vodka, or add to each glass right before serving. Top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- For the Bailey’s marshmallows, I used this exact recipe for beer marshmallows, substituting Bailey’s for beer.
That up there? That’s what happens when you have a food blog. I don’t want to hear it. And yes, you are more than welcome to come do my laundry.