Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria.
Got any plans this weekend? Pomegranate sangria it is!
I mean, really, it doesn’t get much prettier than this. Don’t you want the most perfect cocktail to bring everyone together in the holiday season? I think so. I know so! Because we get each other and we just GET that we need this winter pomegranate vanilla sangria in our life.
This pomegranate sangria is the absolute perfect cocktail to warm you up in these chilly months. The pomegranate juice is tart, the cinnamon is delicious, the orange is bright, the vanilla is warming and wonderful. Combined with red wine and brandy – oh my! It Is almost too good to be true.
It’s also the prettiest drink for the holiday season! The pomegranate arils are just like adorable jewels in your glass and sparkle under the light. There is something about this fruit that just gets me. Sparkly gems of autumn and winter – like the fruit knows that we need it to look super cute and make us happy.
Even better, this sangria can be made ahead of time and tastes SO good when the flavors marry together. Prep it the night before or the morning of your holiday party and it will be a serious party in a glass.
Then for the best part? The boozy fruit! The apples and pears and oranges soak up all the wine and booze and make for the perfect little after drink snack once your glass is empty – before refilling it of course.
Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria
- 1 large navel orange, sliced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 large pear, chopped
- the arils of 1 pomegranate
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 1/2 bottles of red wine, I bought a Spanish red wine
- 2 cups of sparkling pomegranate soda, bought mine at Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup sugar, possibly more depending on your wine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add orange slices, apples, pears, cinnamon sticks and pomegranate arils to the bottom of a big pitcher. Pour wine, pomegranate juice/soda, brandy, sugar and vanilla extract over top. Scrape vanilla beans out of their pods and add to the mix. Then throw the entire empty vanilla beans in. Mix with a giant spoon to really combine everything.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. Taste to determine if you’d like more sugar, and if so – add it! Spoon some of the fruit into glasses before pouring, then add ice and sangria on top.
- Note: If you can’t find the pomegranate soda, I would sub 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate juice + 1/2 cup ginger ale or club soda. Taste before adding your sugar in case it is super sweet.
You do now.