Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip.
Soooooo. You should make this.
I know. I say that all the time. BUT.
I really mean it. Really really.
I’d have to say this is in the top ten of things I’ve ever made. Yeah. For serious. Which is like… the top ten in a million things. Big deal.
And it totally took me by surprise. Gave me a big, fat punch of bewilderment square in the face.
I mean, I expected it to taste good. Obviously. But like… not THAT good.
My grandma always loved this little swiss almond cheese spread that came in a plastic container, and my mom still often buys it to serve with snacks and appetizers. It’s delicious smeared on crackers, but I decided it would be more delicious if someone combined a ton of toasted almonds with a few plentiful
thousand handfuls of cheese.
I was right.
Happy happy joy joy.
I mean, just look at that hot, melty mess down there. I can’t even tell you how freaking good this is.
NOW MAKE IT FOR THE SUPER BOWL! Orrrr… just because you are awesome.
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix with a spoon to combine, then press into a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining almonds. Serve with crackers and pita chips!
- Note: you can use low-fat cream cheese since the mascarpone has fat in it; not sure about using fat-free.
You are awesome, right?