1. I still can’t find my grooooove. Wah! I feel like I just spent a wild and crazy week in Vegas or something.
2. Many of you asked what my favorite meal/dessert was while at Disney. I have to say that the mac and cheese bar at the food blog forum reception was OUT OF THIS WORLD. It included lobster, short ribs, caramelized mushrooms, crab bread crumbs and like five other things I can’t even remember because my eyes rolled back in my head. So freaking good. As for actual Disney dessert, I’d probably have to go with the Dole Whip. #rollmehome
3. Oh and we totally went on the teacups, and let’s just say that trying to fit four adults inside is a biiiit tricky. We also spun around so fast that I definitely almost tossed my cookies. And then five minutes later we ate corn dog bites. What?
4. And one morning last week my brother ate the Vosges chocolate bacon bar for breakfast. Like… the whole thing. Real life.
5. On the plane ride home I felt so wretched from all of the junk I ingested that I swore I’d eat nothing but apples for three days. Since we all know it wouldn’t be vegetables. Then I got frozen yogurt.
6. I can’t even take how gorgeous our weather is. I want to eat it with a spoon.
7. I’m so boring today that I’m resorting to talking about the weather. Haaallllp me.
8. Whenever I come home from traveling, it sort of goes like this: I make a list about what I need to do. I sit around and ignore that list. Four days later I start to unpack. By “unpack” I mean remove things from my suitcase and put them in a very inconvenient spot (like on the stairs) where we trip over them for weeks. I complain that I have nothing to wear since I haven’t done laundry. I freak out mid shower because all of my toiletries are sitting on the coffee table in the living room. I finally do something about it six weeks later since the only other option is to get a divorce.
9. The How Sweet Facebook page makes me outrageously hungry. You guys post the BEST pictures. Can you come make me dinner tonight?
10. I could care less that St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone… I want to make this Guinness chocolate pie every day for the rest of my life. Hope you’re cool with that.
11. Time for a nap! Wake me up when I’m outta this funk.
71 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I need a nap today too. And possible some frozen yogurt. Thanks for my afternoon plan…
…or possibly. Either one.
What is unpacking? Don’t things just magically find their way back to where they belong? This might also explain why I’m missing a lot of my favorite items…
My grandma ate an entire Vosges chocolate bacon bar AFTER Thanksgiving dinner this year. My mom brought it out so she could try a bite and she put down the whole thing. I’m still too stunned to comment on that.
Dude I freaking love your grandma.
Speaking of the chocolate bacon bar … I just read about chocolate-covered bacon on another blog. Why is it that chocolate-covered bacon sounds AMAZING to me and not to my husband? Why am I a stranger eater than he is? I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m nuts. I can’t even imagine what it’s going to be like when I’m pregnant. ;)
Oh my husband would never TOUCH that bar.
Jessica- I just spent the weekend in vegas sooooo yeah I’m totally feeling you. i’m obviously still unpacked. And now all I want is frozen yogurt…!
That froyo looks delish! Mmm, this warm weather is making me crave some frozen treats.
Your unpacking story made me chuckle because I’m the exact opposite! I can’t stand not having all of my things in order and always trip all over myself to unpack immediately when I get home.
Damn…you are making me crave some frozen yogurt right now. Also – unpacking is THE WORST. I love packing for some reason, probably because it means that excitement is about to happen, but I have left suitcases in my bedroom for over a month…true fact.
Over a month? Pssh! That’s kiddie stuff. There’s an open suitcase in my living room whose exact origins I cannot identify. I went on a trip in January, but it was a short one and I think I only took an overnight bag and a backpack. So…yeah. Welcome to my life.
All this talk of this talk of bacon and chocolate is making me one jealous girl. I have to now write down everything I eat for my trainer and I’m pretty sure she’d shoot me if I wrote that down. Is it wrong that I want to lie to her and have it anyways?
I have the perfect solution for that unpacking thing. You just let the stuff sit in your suitcase, and then as you’re trying to find stuff to wear, you just pull out whatever is in the suitcase. Then, after you wear it, it goes in the laundry. Where it’ll all eventually sit for a good week–but at least it’ll be sort of out of the way. It’s how I’ve been dealing with unpacking for a few years now.
As for the weather thing…Here, in Michigan, it may only be March, but it’s freaking 80 degrees!!!!!!!! I’m lovin’ this warm weather!!
I AM SO TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH DOLEWHIP. I had it for the first time in La Crosse, WI. Yes. La Crosse. Then again in Hawaii. And then at Disney. I want it all the time. I’m going to Disney in May. I’M SO EXCITED.
I’m currently staring at bags that need to be unpacked. 10 minutes ago? I moved my laptop bag from the dining room table to the top of my desk. This morning? My make up was on the coffee table. I was on the 2nd floor. I totally get you. Totally.
I want a mac and cheese bar at my wedding. That classy, right?:)
I had breakfast for dinner at mine. It’s your wedding – do whatever the heck you want!
Great idea, I’m actually going to a wedding this December where they are serving breakfast for dinner and I can’t wait!
i need a nap too. :-)
i do exactly what you do after vacation, i take out my things and put them in another spot and do it another day. it’s such a long process. :-)
I don’t even really like mac ‘n cheese…it’s “fine” but if I am going to eat worthless white carbs, I’d rather they be in white glazed donut format :) But lobster mac ‘n cheese, I change my tune!
Glad you had a blast. I was so tempted to go, and then I didn’t know anyone who was going, and it looks like the whole world was there, but on the down low. If only I had known!
I think my subconscious refuses to let me unpack any suitcase ever. I know I’ll end up using everything in the suitcase anyway, right? That’s why I packed it in the first place! So why take the enormous effort to put it all away? Mid-shower naked drippy run through the house? I consider it part of my “unpacking” ritual.
I usually end up just dumping everything in the washing machine a few weeks after the trip and figure mayyyybe that will encourage me to start putting my life back together and force me to accept the fact that vacation is indeed over. Boo.
Maybe you need a little Phillip Phillips YouTube action to get you out of your funk.
DON’T DELETE ME FROM YOUR LIFE.
I want to live in that mac & cheese bar.
bahahahahaha!!!! Love your packing comments. I do THE SAME THING. And then I yell at my husband when he leaves like one thing out. That’s fair, right? :)
I’ve never heard of this Dole Whip thing… so I googled it, and Wikipedia was so kinda as to help me out with what it is. Unfortuneately, I’m not going to Disney, but I’ll be in Hawaii in a couple of weeks so I’m going to keep my eye out. They look good!
Frozen yogurt isn’t junk food. Duh.
With regards to #2 –> oh man, that mac and cheese sounds unbelievably great. I want some! Also, I totally sympathize with #5, in fact so much so because I vowed basically the same thing on my way home from my parents’ house for spring break and I got froyo when I arrived at my apartment five hours later that day. It was delicious…
Boo sorry you’re in a funk. I hate when that happens! Probably just the post-Disney blues. Hopefully a nice relaxing weekend will have you feeling better by next week :)
I always have the best intentions of eating healthy when I come back from trip. Usually never happens!
I too am so tired today, I’ve been going to bed at 1 every night and waking up at the latest 6…what is going on, it’s the worst!
I haven’t found my groove either…but that is because I spent a weekend in Vegas!
i always have a rule right when I get home from a trip to unload my bag RIGHT away because if i dont I know it will sit there for WEEKS! haha
Oh I am so ejealous and I also decided I AM GOING TO THAT event next year!!
I’m with Katie. I need a nap and some of that froyo. Stupid meeting filled day.
Love, love cookies! I just heard about this cookbook, now I would like to own it! Thank you for the posting!
I love cookies!! I choose them over just about anything, even dry store bought ones!
Leave a comment?! Just one?!?! Gahhhh….can I move into your suitcase?!
I’ll comment. Comment that I just want to be everything about this blog! Love everything about it.
sometimes you just need frozen yogurt! love your blog :)
C is for cookie. That’s good enough for me!! :)
I DIG COOKIES.
I can’t tell you how much I love your Tuesday Things!!! They make me laugh and I love it! By the way I am sure that I am now having Mac & Cheese, bacon and frozen yogurt for dinner… make it lunch now!
I like your blog , but I looove Tuesday Things. Just the kind of thing one wants to do.
Reading your post reminded me of my recent post-holiday Post! Have a look at it…
and BTW- I didn’t comment only for the giveaway! Tuesday Things+ Blog=really awesome…
I know how you feel, I just got out of my …good news is 8 am in the must off making dark chocolate cups filled with lemon mousse, and butter cookies with a cinnamon icing…for my sisters meet & greet her new son. Mmmmm I can’t wait to try some of those cookie recipes.
30 All Time Favorite!!! That’s a recipe a day!!
If cookies were liquid, they’d be the nectat of the gods.
…that would be nectar…
Oh, I hear ya on the weather- it’s been in the 80s in MI for 3 days. Funniest thing ever about unpacking- sounds pretty familiar.. What kind of dole whip did you have? we were just in WDW in Feb and I didn’t love it- we had pineapple with the pineapple juice.
I hope you fully recover from your funk and soak up some sunshine! Reading Tuesday Things on my Wednesday morning with my cup of tea always is a good start to a Wednesday.
can never have too many cookie recipes!
You need to do an entire post dedicated to your awesome iPhone pics.
The recipes look like they would go well with my chicken coop building today. You should just send it to me now, right away!
I love love love your blog. Keep em coming!
Cookie Cookbook – I’d love that!
I have an IDENTICAL unpacking strategy! Great minds must think alike…
I go to vist my Mom once a month so do I unpack? NO….I just wash what needs to be washed and then repack it for the next trip.
OMG! COOKIES!! … We love cookies at our house!
Would LOVE me come cookie recipes!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!