1. That ice cream I talked about yesterday? Ummm it was just, oh…OREO CHEESECAKE. Uh yeah. It was as horrible as it looks.
2. I totally pulled a huge Mother Lovett this weekend and spent a good majority of my time “supervising” my husband doing yard work while I sat on the driveway sunning myself and while my neighbors probably gossiped on how I am the worst wife known to man. Actually, that’s a lie. She definitely would have still been doing some sort of work and just screaming and yelling at my grandpa in between chores.
3. I might be starting to like iced coffee! It has to be like one with 657 calories, but I think I’m getting there.
4. I know that my adoration for sprinkles and glitter and all things sparkly is getting quite ridiculous at this age, but I am soooo enthralled with these funfetti cookies. I can’t stop thinking about them. So bright!
5. I’ve also been legitimately losing my mind over this seven sins chocolate cake. WHAT. UGH. Can’t even take it.
6. These are just a few out takes from lunch on Friday with face baby. I wish these even did him justice. They don’t. Is this kid even real? I’m petitioning for a “daily face baby” blog.
7. Okay, get this. Saturday morning I wake up from a seriously dead sleep and right smack dab in the middle of a dream. Know what the dream was about? I was in Girls. Like, literally! Girls was real life, I was involved and in the middle of a discussion on the street with Jessa and Hannah. I am not even joking.
8. But when I told my husband (who still refuses to even watch and calls it complete trash) he said in a very non-amused voice, “that would never happen because you have you sh*t together.” Hmmm… really? How have I been able to fool him for so long?
9. Oh and I also loved this week’s episode. But let it be known that I’m like the worst critic ever. Which I’m quite sure you’re already aware of given my love professions for things like neon leg warmers, top 40 music and every Nicholas Sparks’ book-made-movie known to man.
10. Whoever the person is who created crunchy Biscoff? I wish they never existed. So do all of my clothes.
11. And another thing I can’t keep my paws out of? That dumb peanut butter chocolate ganache from the ice cream cupcakes. No seriously. Sunday I went at it with a salty sourdough pretzel and last night it was just a spoon.
12. Last week at some point I started blasting “90s summer hits” on Pandora and I have to say, I was sort of disappointed. A lot of Weezer and stuff that reminded me of bad decisions and also made me feel like I was stuck inside an American Pie movie, but like… where was the Ace of Base? OMC? Lisa Loeb? All I must say is… how bizarre.
13. With that, I’m done. Waaay too much of a loser today.
85 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I want that oreo cheesecake ice cream right now!! That cone is totally over the top :)
Haha – that was going to be my exact same comment!! It looks SO good!! Did it taste like cookies n cream on steroids?!
Cait, great minds think alike ;)
Is it wrong of me that I right away pinned that ice cream on pinterest? lol
Uhm, that ice cream. Where oh where did you find it?! I want some asap!
Oh Nicolas Sparks- I am obsessed! Met Shane West last month and full out told him that I loved the TWO PLACES at ONCE part in a Walk to Remember.. Umm I’m 30! but got a great pic with him so that made up for it
I agree with the 90s summer hits. what a disappointment! i have moved onto hits of the 2000s which includes a lot of nick lachey and backstreet boys.
If you are concerned about finishing off the rest of that ganache, I am willing to take it off your hands for you.
OMG, that ice cream!!
But even better than the ice cream are those beautiful baby faces!! Too precious!
That baby… I want to squeeze my computer screen. There are just no words for the cuteness.
I will take an Oreo cheesecake ice cream and ganache donations you deem unfit. Please aaand thank you.
Your hubby sounds just like my bf! They need to stop bein’ so judgy *harumph*
Oh I think I know a surefire way to cement your love of Iced Coffee – try it Thai or Vietnamese style! Sweetened condensed milk makes everything taste better…although not sure it helps with the whole calorie thing: http://sawatdeeyall.blogspot.com/2012/05/diy-vietnamese-iced-coffee.html
Love this week’s Tuesday Things! I just started watching Girls at your recommendation and I’m 6 episodes in. It is horrible and awesome all at the same time.
That ice cream! adorable face baby! Maria’s funfetti cookies! PB chocolate ganache on sourdough pretzel! There is way too much amazingness with this weeks Tuesday Things!
Not a loser day at all! That oreo cheesecake ice cream…. what a photo. MMMMM!
I made those funfetti cookies a few weeks ago, after they were featured on the Tasty Kitchen blog. I, too, was enthralled with the sprinkles. They tasted pretty darn good going down. :-) I told my husband that I was baking them to give to a friend I was seeing later in the weekend. I ate most of them before my lunch date and hoarded the few I had left. “I can’t just give her three cookies! That wouldn’t look right!”
WHAT. gimme that cone.
WHAT. gimme that kid’s last baby face. ;)
Omg, best baby faces ever! Is he as animated as he looks or are you just excellent at baby photography!? Chub chub cheeks!
He is actually MORE animated. I am a terrible at trying to get pictures of him and this was with my phone!
Agreed that Girls was a great episode this week. But I also love neon and nicholas sparks books-turned-movies, and of course, the top 40…I’ll join your worst critics club.
I may or may not have gone through an entire jar of Crunch Biscoff in less than a week. It’s really good to make little sandwiches with that and a white chocolate bar. Pretty much the best snack ever. Or worst if you want to wear anything besides old college sweats ;)
My advice re: 90s Pandora – make a Spice Girls station. You will never, ever regret it. And you will hear “I Saw the Sign,” oh yes you will.
Holy ice cream!! I want some now! And I am with you on the Crunchy Biscoff-addicting! Thanks for linking to my Funfetti Cookies:) xo
I would like to join the petition for the face baby blog. Just saying… he FOR SURE needs his own tumblr…i’m tempted to make one just by stalking the pictures you’ve already posted of him!
Crunchy Biscoff, a banana, coconut milk yogurt, unsweetened almond coconut milk, ice and a graham cracker in a blender= best thang everrr.
I hate that I have all of these ingredients.
I love all of the baby pics! That child has the most expressive face I’ve ever seen!
That ice cream looks AMAZING! My two favorite flavors combine, I think I need to make a trip down there! I’m the same way with yard work. I point out what to do and where to put things and just watch. I don’t do dirt or bugs haha
My husband is sucked into Girls. This past episode was AWESOME! We got to see inside Adam’s head which made him HOT (don’t laugh). He tells his friends about Hannah, he loves books? He’s all sensitive and stuff and it never occurred to me that Hannah was the bad guy in that whole situation. And my husband was STOKED that his two favorite characters, Jessa and Alex had a scene together… and how totally funny was it that Shoshana was running all over the place all cracked out and Adam was chasing her! My husband kept laughing and yelling, “Where are her pants!?!”
I’m totally cutting and pasting this into a blog post for today… I love talking about Girls!!!! I LOVE it!
I agree… something about that made Adam weirdly appealing. I agree about everything you said! And I know that my husband would be obsessed with the show too if he would actually watch it. He refuses to on principle and is just being SO STUBBORN.
My god…face baby is the cutest frikkin kid.
that ice cream cone may be the most beautiful thing i have seen in forever. i’m hating the ice cream options i now have available to me just b/c i know it would never measure up to that photo. ugh.
Ace of Base! LOL that just made me crack up! Ugh, awful 90s trash music. I second the daily face baby blog.
I would TOTALLY support a daily face baby blog. Too freaking cute.
Those faces! That kid is going to grow up to be an actor or a comedian, or both. He is too much!
I wish I had a husband who loved to do yardwork! He’s about as likely to do that as he is to eat anything green. Truth be told, he is on his feet at his job for 12-16 hours a day for months at a time so… maybe that’s why. ;)
I want that ice cream cone, take me next time and the little man is SO cute!!!! His facial expressions are too funny!!
So… I live for 90s dance parties. Cranberries, Green Day, TLC, oh! better yet En Vogue, Oasis… it’s kind of a problem. Much like that ice cream.
Ahhh crunchy biscoff. The dip of the gods. I used the remainder of my jar in some candy that I will post on the blog soon. As if putting it in candy will keep me from eating it, nope. Much worse, cause now I not only inhaled crunchy biscoff, but chocolate and more too! Great roundup of Tuesday.
Funfetti cookies, chocolate cake, your cupcakes; saw them all and have been thinking about them all! Lots! :)
Glad you’re on board with iced coffee. Doctored up is the only way!
New Kids On The block had a bunch of hits. Chinese food makes me sick. And I think it’s fly when girls stop by for the summer, for the summer.
I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch, I’d take her if I had one wish, But she’s been gone since that summer. Since that summer
It’s okay. I’ll sing Lisa Loeb for you next and annoy the living crap out of you. ARE YOU SO EXCITED OR WHAT?
oreo cheesecake ice cream!? i’d be all over that!
How bizarre closing = genius. I just cracked up at my desk…..out loud. Thank goodness my cube-orhood clears out about 4:30, or it could have been embarrassing. Not to get all stalker on you, but I absolutely love the way you think/write. Each post feels like a conversation with one of my best girlfriends, even though I’ve clearly never met you. (I swear- NOT a stalker. I just appreciate your writing voice, and am a sister in the greatness of the 90s generation.)
Thank you so much Ali!
I died at the how bizarre too. And now the song is stuck in my head. The problem is I can’t remember any of the rest of the song!
there seriously should be a face baby blog. it would be the best baby blog ever.
OMG that baby is insane. his face is amazing.
Love that baby! I totally would support a weekly pic of him!
Ohhhhhhh my gosh. That baby has the most adorable face(s). And hilarious. Is his personality just as wonderful? :)
Totally forgot it was Tuesday…yay! That kid is going to be a comedian!
I also loved this weeks Girl’s episode. Hands down the best one yet. Watching Shoshana run practically made me pass out from laughter.
I seriously laughed out loud. Like a hyena.
hahaha omg he may be the cutest lil boy everrr
OMG. More people need to watch Girls. I wish I knew you in real life so we could talk about this. I’m so glad Shoshanna was in this episode more – I love her. I was dying at her saying “don’t get raped by the man in plaid!” as she ran away.
I would visit the face baby blog every day!! Seriously. I laughed so loud my husband thought I was losing it :)
That baby seriously needs to be famous. His faces are too cute.
Love Lisa Loeb! I just watched an interview of her lastweek…..