1. Ummm… soooo… there is now a face baby blog! It’s sole purpose is to make you laugh and giggle. Today you can even try to guess what face baby is thinking. I would, but I’m afraid every time he looks at me he thinks I’m going to eat his face off. Because I might say those exact words… every… single… time.
2. Wait wait… I probably shouldn’t joke about that with this insane bath salts/zombie/face eating craze that is happening these days. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR WORLD.
3. That cake… oh that cake. It’s like, made up of drugs or something. So insanely delicious. And no, I didn’t make it.
4. Last week I spotted lightening bugs for the first time this summer and seriously FREAKED OUT. I got so excited, like six-year old excited. And then I got even more freaked out, and was like how in the world is there an insect that LIGHTS UP?! What?! How does this happen?? Is is real? I wish I was an innocent child again.
5. And speaking of, do you call them fireflies or lightening bugs? I clearly call them lightening bugs, but I like to think that it’s just because I was never cool enough to call them fireflies. Pretty sure I took a poll on this last year, but now I’m old and can’t remember.
6. I cannot get enough of this “I Can Fly!” post. It makes me so happy. I have it bookmarked and look at it like three times a day. It’s the simple things, people.
7. So far I’ve watched the season finale of Girls five times. And it’s only Tuesday. Stop reading now if you haven’t seen it. Did Adam really get hit by a car? I almost died. And why do I like him? It makes me hate myself. Which ultimately… would make me fit right inside of Girls. Ew.
8. In another edition of “spices I hoard in weird places,” we see smoked paprika in my car. Amongst a bunch of other junk. AKA… The bane of my husband’s existence.
9. Oh oh oh… I made these artichoke squares on Sunday and… holy crapola – they were unreal. I also decided that they are healthy since they barely have like, any carbs at all!
10. My herbs are… not looking so hot? They look okay, but some of the leaves are turning lighter in color and even yellowish. Does this mean they need less sun? Should I pick them? Where do I put them? Can I hire a permanent gardener for three pots of herbs? Are permanent gardeners a real thing? They definitely get enough water but it’s like I stunted their growth or something. Smart people help please.
11. I really cannot stop listening to this song. I listen to it like thirty times a day. I’ve listened to it five times since I started typing this post. I heard it once and hated it, then continued to hear it all the time and continued to hate it. Like so much that I wanted to kick the radio. Then somewhere along the way, I became obsessed with it. That’s probably exactly what those smart music marketing people wanted. But it makes me feel like I need to put on cut off jean shorts, a dirty white tank top and not wash my hair for like twelve days.
12. It is soooo hot today, so I thought “oh! I’m going to try to eat something fresh and summery! Like tomatoes and maybe some leftover balsamic glaze! And OMG, I haven’t had a vegetable in about two weeks. Maybe I will take a few bites of raw broccoli and see what happens!” Then I ate a blueberry muffin.
13. A girl and her ball.
14. I almost said “presh” up there… but then I would have had to punch myself in the face. Unless one of you did it first.
80 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
We called them Junebugs. And no matter how old I get, they are still freaking awesome! My 4 year-old niece is fascinated by them.
And due to a prolonged unemployment, I canceled HBO. (among other luxuries that I miss terribly) but I seriously may have to get it again once Aaron Sorkin’s new show starts. There’s just no way I can miss 2 cultural phenomenons! No way, no how.
My grandparents lived outside Chicago when I was growing up and my brothers and I would chase “lightening bugs” across the lawn all night. Very sentimental. They aren’t here on the West coast to the best of my knowledge, but I want my kids to see them too.
The herbs probably are getting too much sun, but this is the point where you should hack them all off so that they grown a fresh batch in the next couple of weeks. If you leave them too long without picking then they will all turn yellow and go to seed. Then you really have to start over. Sun dry your herbs- you guys sure have enough heat. Just set them out in a dry protected place and wait a couple days. I do it with my oregano every year. You can also freeze them in ice cube molds so that you can put them in soup and stuff in the winter.
Pull off any icky leaves on your herbs, it helps them be healthier. Also, try to have them in the sun for as much of the day as possible…no such thing as too much sun for herbs (unless its parsley or cilantro – in which case they like it cool). An awesome trick my mother-in-law taught me: dump used coffee grinds on the soil around your herbs…totally makes them blow up! So I think thats a good reason to starting making yourself super sugary iced coffee every day! Also, when its as hot as it is this week, you should prob water them both early in the AM and as the sun sets in the PM. Hopefully some of this will help!
I’m definitely going to try this – thanks girl!
Um… Earth to Jessica … that song makes me want to shoot myself in the leg. It would be less painful than hearing it again. And those artichoke squares and I have a date this weekend. Fo sho.
lightening bugs! my mom used to make rings out of them when she was little!
I literally shut my eyes to prevent myself from reading that Girls spoiler, phew!
A jar of red pepper flakes once found a semi-permanent home in my glove compartment. I thought I was the only one.
I finally got around to watching Girls & I loved it! I wish the episodes were a full hour, instead of just 30 minutes. I thought Adam was kind of sweet (in his own way) in this episode. Hannah in her green belt and sort of matching shoes was just adorable.
I love Bella’s crinkly ears!
OMG I love Adam, too!! I love them as a couple.
I waited to read the Girls line until I watched the episode this morning.
HOW CAN THEY LET THE SEASON END JUST LIKE THAT?
I feel like the season was incredibly short and stopped at a very inconvenient time. (SPOILER ALERT) What was up with the wedding? How do they not share that in the episode? And what happens with Adam and Hannah? I can’t take not knowing.
Is Bella camera shy? Or is she just obstinate like my dogs are and won’t participate in photo-taking. Or maybe that’s just her nonchalant-too-cool-for-your-Instagram / this-is-my-good-side (oh-wait-I-don’t-have-a-bad-side) look. She’s so fuzzy & darling I want to munch on her ears.
Which herbs are you talking about? All herbs love sun. If your basil leaves are yellow it means it’s getting too much water. Could be true for the others as well. Also, the more you prune them, the more they grow and the healthier they look. Hope this helps!
Yes, yellow equals to much water. That is what I thought. And I too, have a weird unexplained crush on Adam and yippee for the crack smoker…finally!
I hysterically laughed out loud at #7. I love Girls!!!
Um, just watched the video for “Pontoon”… I want to go there. I need to a) move somewhere with a lake and b) make friends with someone with a pontoon boat ASAP.
LOVE the Facebaby blog! Hilarious. I’m glad you convinced your friend to do this!
“PRESH” is one of my favorite words! Now I am embarrassed…
I must be getting old I don’t even know what press means! Lol
Grrr iPhones. ‘presh’
I love the blog! I found Facebaby on instagram yesterday too and started following him there too. He never fails to make me laugh uncontrollably :-)
Pingback: I love lists, Friday! – Shutterbean
So after hearing you talk about Girls, I finally convinced my husband to watch it with me. Except we just watched the Series Premiere of instead of Episode 1 because the man doesn’t know how to operate HBO Go. So, yeah, I’m not kidding. Then we went back and watched episodes 1-5 immediately and I’m hooked. Though still ragey about the fact that the season finale has been spoiled.
Lightening bugs. totally. Maybe fireflies is a southern thing. hmm. herbs usually want lots of sun. Maybe getting too much water. Soil should feel moist but not soggy.
IREPLYING meant Season Finale!
My little sister is 15 and one of the new words in her vocabulary is “ridic.” I assure you that it’s way worse than “presh!”
If your herbs are yellowing, you’re probably overwatering. My husband used to overwater my herbs with a hose and they would yellow and look awful. Just keep the soil moist and put in a sunny place, but if it’s too hot move to the shade. Rosemary should be kept on the dry side.