Roasted Blueberry Basil Margaritas.
I don’t know which is weirder.
That I had the patience to roast berries before putting them in this beverage
that I put something green, like a vegetable, in my margarita. Basil is a vegetable. Hear me roar.
In case you were wondering, that totally means this is a health food. Lots of antioxidants or… something.
Have I gone overboard with my roasted blueberry fascination? It’s okay. You can tell me. I can take it.
I’ll just make another and cry my tears into the glass. Fridays rule.
Roasted Blueberry Basil Margaritas
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 1/2 ounces blueberry basil simple syrup
- sliced lime + fresh blueberries and basil leaves for garnish
- salt + sugar for the rim
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices, then drop in blueberries and more fresh basil leaves.
- For roasted blueberry basil simple syrup:
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Place 1 cup of blueberries on a nonstick baking sheet with a pinch of salt. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until berries start to burst.
- While blueberries are roasting, combine equal parts sugar and water (such as 1/2 cup of each) in a small saucepan and add 6-8 fresh basil leaves, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely, about 20 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup simple syrup + roasted blueberries in a blender/food processor and blend until combined. Feel free to strain if you don’t want small blueberries chunks. I love them!
- This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go from taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
P.S. you don’t REALLY have to roast the blueberries if you’re short on time… but you totally should.
93 Comments on “Roasted Blueberry Basil Margaritas.”
My sister in-law and I made these for our pool
day on Sat. They were AMAZING!! Even though it was 115 outside we braved the heat of the oven & roasted the blueberries. Yum! We also subbed agave syrup for the simple syrup (just use half to sub) and added a little bit of diet tonic to stretch them a little bit farther. They will definitely be on our regular rotation now. :)
Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Basil Margaritas | So Delicious
I never would have thought to roast blueberries – what a great idea!
these photos are gorgeous! you are the queen of cocktails!
Pingback: 80/20 « A Tasty Life
can’t wait to try! those look delicious.
Bought some frozen blueberries yesterday. Have fresh basil growing in a pot on my back deck. Still need to get the booze but man, am I ever excited to try these!!
Pingback: 9 light and fruity drinks for Spring : emerald + ella blog
No matter if some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she wants
to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.
Pingback: Sweet Tooth Love – Roasted Blueberry Basil Margaritas
Pingback: Spring Pinterest Party | Squooshed
Pingback: Spring Pinterest Partying + Karaoke — eating bender
Pingback: Margaritaville – Some great choices for summer margaritas! — Creative Culinary :: Food & Cocktail Recipes - A Denver, Colorado Food & Cocktail Blog
Pingback: roasted blueberry & basil simple syrup. | Where My Heart Resides
Pingback: 20 Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipes |
Pingback: Cinco de Mayo Favorites | Forbidden Rice Blog
Pingback: Cool Off With These 7 Great Summer Cocktails - Twirlit
Pingback: Home Mixology | CAPSTONE
Pingback: The Weekender: February 20 - February 23 | The Woblet Blog
Pingback: 20 Margarita Recipes to Get You in the Spirit of National Margarita Day |Foodbeast
Pingback: 20 Margarita Recipes to Get You in the Spirit of National Margarita Day | iWantPop.com
Pingback: Fun Drinks Friday! (April 11 2014) - Entrepreneurial Drinker
Pingback: Moms and Margaritas Mixer at Wedding 101 Plus 5 Margarita Recipes for Cinco de Mayo! | Greenville, South Carolina
Just a heads up that your recipe is being used, without attribution here:
Pingback: Friday Favorites!
Pingback: 20 Magnífico Margarita Recipes - Around My Family Table
Pingback: 29 margaritas loucas que você precisa experimentar
Pingback: Margarita Time! Creative And Unique Margaritas- B. Lovely Events
Pingback: 29 Crazy Margaritas You Need To Try | Bullet Metro
Pingback: 101 Margaritas to Try
Pingback: 10 Cocktail Recipes You Can Make With The Herbs! | Whole Parent
Pingback: 29 margaritas loucas que você precisa experimentar | Visual Virals
Pingback: The Tai Life » Fashion, Lifestyle, BeautyKEEP SUMMER ALIVE WITH 7 REFRESHING COCKTAILS - The Tai Life
Pingback: 8 Margaritas Sure to Wow Your Wedding Guests
Pingback: 29 margaritas de locos que necesitas probar – OMG It Went Viral
Pingback: Ten Fruity Cocktail Recipes - Our Three Peas
Pingback: 29 margaritas loucas que você precisa experimentar | Viral Temperature
Pingback: 29 margaritas loucas que você precisa experimentar | NUIPAS. AN ENTERTAINING PLACE
Pingback: 29 margaritas de locos que necesitas probar | Sing Viral
Pingback: 29 margaritas de locos que necesitas probar - Viral Tunnel
Pingback: 29 Crazy Margaritas You Need To Try | My Blog
Pingback: Best 20 Healthy Blueberry Recipes -Salads, Desserts, Pizza & more
Pingback: Friday Favorites!